Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I like guided games as a social contract where you either accept that one person in your group is a rando, or that you are the rando of someone else's group. I feel like it sets up what's expected from everyone in a way that allows Bungie to still make mechanically ambitious raids, and in a way that couldn't happen if you had straight-up matchmaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Timewarp Anomalies sound cool but they're probably gonna get real infuriating aren't they

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
if every roll is a god roll, then no roll is a god roll

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5QlGmv8-5c

Nessus/Patrol Zones preview

-new public event types
-public events can be made heroic for additional rewards
-adventures are self-contained, fully voiced missions that go into Lore
-lost sectors are secret caves that have an encounter and a boss, some are easy to access, others have puzzles to get in
-World Quests unlock after the main campaign, are basically stringing multiple adventures together and telling a bigger story
-adventures/quests unlock other landing zones
-flashpoints are a featured destinations, there's rewards for doing public events, cayde sells treasure maps for that area and sometimes extra bosses show up depending on how public events are completed

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

xzzy posted:

The most bone krew disney movie is Aladdin because if you rub us we'll grant you your wish.

counterpoint:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOGhAV-84iI

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
pre-order Destiny 2 and get a cold laser

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/890240550544093184

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Sent my request, PSN's El_Narez

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
can't wait to shoot aliens in the face or in the belly or in whatever's glowing at any given moment

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
hey kids do you want a video with less information on the European Dead Zone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqCJ9V7eVM4

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
MAJOR D2 NEWS

https://twitter.com/knowsworthy/status/902025264036691969

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Look, if Bungo and Activision don't introduce enough normies into the Destiny ecosystem, there can't be sustainable ownage in appropriate quantities.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46234

clear your schedules this is what month 1 of Destiny looks like

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
trials are goddamn horseshit, the worst parts of crucible times a thousand, plus the map and the mode loving suck

it's the goddamn opposite of fun, gently caress all of that

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Didn't think the MIDA meta in Trials was bullshit until tonight, and now it's all that I can see. The map they chose for weeks 1 of Trials is loving terrible for that. GOOD JOB BUNGO, THAT'S A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION, WELL DONE.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
also they're a cool and fun adventure, and sometimes you get a bit of backstory on Cayde, or little fun things

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

i must be an idiot but for the life of me i can't figure out how the hell the stupid !lfg function works in the discord

https://warmind.io/cmds

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i like how they said the prestige mode offers no bonus for doing it, which means the already-slight population that does hard mode content when it's current will have even less reason to do it than they did before

i can't wait for the iron banner gear to be restorative so i can get the same loving gear from every pvp activity in the game it's gonna be loving amazing

pretty sure there's some vanity items tied to the Prestige raid that were found in the database, which honestly is healthier than putting pressure on people to go and hit their face against a really hard challenge hoping to grind that extra 10 Power

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

hitchensgoespop posted:

Has Skyburners Oath dropped for any one yet? Is it worth hankering after?

it's a fun novelty gun and also it has my favorite lore in Destiny 2

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I can't believe that's my dad.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
man this mercury public event is some elaborate bespoke bullshit

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
4v4 isn't the problem, high cooldowns and the high ttk are why PvP is so goddamn boring.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

PathAsc posted:

I'd have to read it again, but I thought there was a hint that our weapons "may" get upgraded? I did remember that we can use some kind of crafting to just make them that way though, and they can be rerolled.

Who knows, that poo poo could be completely miswritten too

Quoting Bungo:

quote:

Masterworks drop from any source of Legendary weapons for characters above 250 Power
Unwanted Masterworks can be dismantled into materials that can upgrade an existing Legendary Weapon into a Masterwork
Raid and Trials of the Nine Weapons will have a very high chance to be Masterworks

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
They will never get rid of Eververse. Ever. AT MOST what they'll do is maybe give you the well-rested XP buff for your first 5 bright engrams instead of 3.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I don't really think the supers should feel fair or balanced. Like in D1 if I got hit by a super or heavy, I just shrugged because they're occasionals that are supposed to feel superpowered.

If supers piss you off or you just want guns, play some other game. Or Destiny 2.

yeah Supers are deliberately disruptive, that's their whole deal

they're balanced by the fact that everyone gets a shot at loving poo poo up

that's the whole power fantasy, and you'd have to be some kind of loving dipshit to ruin that with needlessly long cooldowns that only get marginally cut with kills, because that would not just ruin the power fantasy, but it would turn PvP matches into complete slogs that leave players begging for them to be done

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
here's your patch timeline, of note: 6v6 is coming in March

https://twitter.com/bungie/status/958831324399255552

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
and here's the most bungo pair of sentences ever

quote:

Many of you have rightfully complained that Snipers flinch too hard when you’re taking hits, especially as they are now power weapons. We have dug into this and found that somewhere along the way towards shipping D2, we acquired a bug that is preventing us from being able to successfully tune this to the values that we would all like.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
who's ready to have fun playing the Nightfall

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46627

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Crimson Doubles is loving ludicrous. I'm playing Chaos Voidwalker and throwing fuckoff huge Vortex Grenades that just loving grind people into dust, which kinda loving owns. It's a shame the gun meta is the one bad gun meta that's been there since day one, but, as a game where you own people with grenades, Destiny 2 is best in class.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
god I can't loving wait for this Origin Story/Uriel's meta to be loving over

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

We don't know anything about the Unique Nightfall Rewards item(s) coming tomorrow, do we?

They're emblems that activate auras depending on your high score on the corresponding Nightfall. Cool fact: you get them at random so you'll probably have to run the Nightfall multiple times.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

runwiled posted:

The thing that tickled me most about this week's TWAB is the fact that they casually mention that the repetition reduction mechanism for Strikes and Crucible HAD TO BE DISABLED because it was causing BAT errors. It's almost parody that they can't seem to change much in this game without it breaking it.

yes but on the other hand I'm really good at dealing with the Modular Mind now

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
The loadout system is fine as is and most of the grousing comes from redditors mad that they can't ruin the Crucible for everyone with snipers and shotguns. And while I'm at it, gently caress random rolls, grinding for one specific permutation of perks was miserable. In terms of experience, there's no real difference between trashing bad rolls and trashing duplicates, except in the case of duplicates you already know what you're getting so you don't have to think about it.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
here's the new Skyburner's Oath, finally as cool as its lore

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/986652481814872065

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
ready to crack open (murder) a cold one (an icy bug man) with the boys (my cool new guns)

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Private matches are available to all, also there's some poo poo about glory and valor who gives a gently caress.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

Mmkay. So, ramping up the Hive and providing a credible threat without it having to be on Savathun's level. Tho that draws into question if Hive are going to be featured super heavily in back-to-back DLCs? If they're as big a deal in Warmind as they certainly seem to be, September may not be Taken Queen. Unless Bungie considers the Taken and their indisputably Hive leader and origins to not be "Hive" in the same way as these ummmmm Dawning Hive of Warmind.

well there's another Queen that's been taken

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Arrath posted:

Am I the only one that kinda like the timed, not-returning-to-orbit-on-mass-wipes Nightfalls?

It seemed to endorse the "Throw your infinite lives at the problem until they drown under your bodies" aspect of Guardian-ness, and it was a drat sight more fun than hiding behind cover only to pop out for 3-4 shots every time your shields were full.

Beyond like the first week the timer wasn't a problem anyway.

I mean, there's a de facto time limit since points bleed over time and you stop earning any more points past 18 minutes.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I'm already loving over the current Vwing meta. gently caress this piece of poo poo, can't have fun in the crucible if you're not running Wing, Last Hope and Sins, because those guns are "gently caress you" good.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
what I love about crota is that it's got an arc, you go through the hive hierarchy from thralls to wizards to the big boy himself and that's a pretty good story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
it loving rules how it's literally impossible to progress nascent dawn because the second heroic adventure is straight-up impossible because it just loving spams phalanxes and enemies with armor that you're way too underleveled to actually take down, nice job bungo putting those at 360 when your soft cap is at 340, real loving smart, brain genius work