Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Jack Queen King 3 is a beast of a gun.

Agreed. I got a we ran out of medals in around 3 minutes with it and a antiope yesterday.

It's a killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Does nightshade shoot slower now or am I trippin?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

the good fax machine posted:

Yes, I’ve been running this with Vigilance Wang and having great success. Also whoever was saying VW is a 2 burst kill was correct, 20 damage per bullet if you’re within range.

Is it a 2 burst kill? While I was playing last night it felt like it but I was watching some of my stream and seemed like it was a 3 - 4 burst. It took me a bit to find an example where I wasn't team shooting. Maybe here I'm missing some shots but it seems like a 3 burst kill.

https://i.imgur.com/hL8Ur5B.gifv

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
lmao maybe shoot him in the head more idiot

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
put more tactfully, I think you need all headshots for the 2-burst

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

haha yeah can't argue with that.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
also, 10+ resilience survives two burst

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

also, 10+ resilience survives two burst

a subsidiary of Bone Krew Unlimited has asked the board for the following evidence to be presented:

"literally everyone dies to two bursts then?"

I do not personally take claim in these views and they are that of an unnamed party who is unfortunately not able to present this case themselves.

namaste

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

put more tactfully, I think you need all headshots for the 2-burst

Yeah, if you hit all crits its a 2 burst. More reliably it's a 3 burst, to gently caress around 3/4 of my stack put it on for team shots and it was pretty gross how quickly enemies were getting melted.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if you don't run 10 res on Titan you're a loving loser

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also VW is crispy as gently caress on PC with native mouse, barely any recoil to speak of

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46711

Sturm & Drang rework:

quote:

For those who don’t know the core loop of Sturm and Drang, kills with one weapon reload the other while it’s stowed. Consecutive kills with Drang will overload rounds into Sturm, capping out at a 20 round mag for a Hand Cannon. Currently, the gameplay is focused on fast swapping, and while fun, this lacks that exotic flare we’re hoping to add. Sturm is also a bit unwieldy to use, so we’re addressing that, too.
As standalone weapons, both Sturm and Drang have had their base stats improved for ease of gameplay. Drang now has Rampage and a maxed out magazine to help rack up sidearm kills quickly. The true payoff comes in the overloaded Sturm magazine: overflow rounds in Sturm now have a damage boost of 1.8x. This allows for a significant damage increase in PVE and crispy precision 2-taps in PVP (just don’t miss).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_d70pK7Cys

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Sturm has the greatest reload animation ever

By doing that stowing poo poo I'm missing out on that

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
That’s pretty exciting news, Sturm is a great handcannon in pve that feels a lot like the D1 cannons, Im looking forward to using it a bit more. It also looks like a Flash Gordon gun and that part is awesome too (I love the ornament for it).

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the ornament is literally han solo's dl44, is it not?

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the ornament is literally han solo's dl44, is it not?

Its if Han Solo was Saddam Hussein’s kid

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Those 2-shot kills almost make the Sturm and Drang worth using.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

cvnvcnv posted:

What are the good sniper rifles? Lots of them in the game but adequately test driving each, yowza.

Yeah I'm down for this convo too because I've really only used Long Walk and Maxim. I saved quite a few, I think, in the vault.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

el B posted:

Yeah I'm down for this convo too because I've really only used Long Walk and Maxim. I saved quite a few, I think, in the vault.

Are you coming back?!!?!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Oh wait Fortnite just added Valkyrie Rockets from Black Ops.....

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So is the game good now

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Are the super special NF rewards only for the prestige NF?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don't know that that's the case, but because it's also a function of score it's probably way way harder to get them without prestige.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i don't know that that's the case, but because it's also a function of score it's probably way way harder to get them without prestige.

Is this a thing Bungie has said or is this just reddit confirmation bias?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Is this a thing Bungie has said or is this just reddit confirmation bias?

Is there an actual difference at this point?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Is there an actual difference at this point?

Yes? They either said it or they didn't. Not sure what's difficult to understand in that.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
The real tragedy of this update is the draconian stance bungie is taking on clan names

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Bungie said that higher scores make the Nightfall loot more likely to drop.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I am fuckin trill for Mayhem next week

Moatillata posted:

The real tragedy of this update is the draconian stance bungie is taking on clan names

Even though “THOT” is four letters, I still can’t use it <:mad:>

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Waffle House posted:

I am fuckin trill for Mayhem next week

Even though “THOT” is four letters, I still can’t use it <:mad:>

I've had to change the god drat name twice now

Try PAWG

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
so after having a sniper drop yesterday during one of my 4 58k nightfall sessions but not a one drop during my 5 72k runs, i'm just kind of getting tired of trying?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
7 nf's later nothing? cool.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

7 nf's later nothing? cool.

First nf 20k score

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
god tier

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

God's plan

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

The thing that tickled me most about this week's TWAB is the fact that they casually mention that the repetition reduction mechanism for Strikes and Crucible HAD TO BE DISABLED because it was causing BAT errors. It's almost parody that they can't seem to change much in this game without it breaking it.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

runwiled posted:

The thing that tickled me most about this week's TWAB is the fact that they casually mention that the repetition reduction mechanism for Strikes and Crucible HAD TO BE DISABLED because it was causing BAT errors. It's almost parody that they can't seem to change much in this game without it breaking it.

Haha is that what was causing it.

loving hell

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
We are running 4 man vigilance wing and everything dies the instant you see it.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

runwiled posted:

yes but on the other hand I'm really good at dealing with the Modular Mind now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

JackGeneric posted:

I mined the API for the new Nightfall stuff, if you want to spoil yourself. Full disclosure, I'm guessing which item goes with which strike based on the flavor text, but I think they're all pretty straightforward.
Savathun's Song
The Pyramidion
The Arms Dealer
Exodus Crash
The Inverted Spire
Tree of Probabilities
A Garden World
I would be really happy to get any of that from playing Heroic strikes. No loving way am I banging my head against Prestige Nightfalls for any of that stuff.