Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Grenade launcher, YeS!. My favorite type of weapon in destiny !! :DD

Everything looks shiny. Warlock super looks the best so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Anyone here have a pvp video of destiny 2? I want to see how players slide around :D

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

PC is just IBM console. Segregation is good, if both threads are successful x2 more opportunities to shitpost. If the PC one dies, well. Nothing is lost. I hope PC people have has much fun I had with Destiny 1 with Destiny 2.

texaholic posted:

They really say player made custom emblems at one point too? Or was I just imagining things?

I dunno. But Clains will do.

I wonder how the Clan leveling will work? will people invite me to their crappy clan raid to help them farm a raid to powerlevel their clan level or something?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I think opening the raid for randoms to enter is the "we have tried everything and did not work, press the panic button" at 01:20 AM.

Is not something serius raiders are going to do, except on the most extreme cases, and it will almost always backfire in hilarious ways. THEN we will always get the random story about that random that was a decent player, and everybody was amazed by that.

Has for dirty tier raiders.. I dunno. I guest a group of people will be able to complete the entire raid that way, but none of the original players will finish the raid, none. If you don't find a group and enter that thing, have god pity of your soul.

The one problem they want to solve is people without friends, so I think they have good intentions, even if is more like fishing with dynamite.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's pretty obvious they are gonna make the raids doable by 5 strong players and a retard, which is maybe okay but reeks of dumbing down.

They probably understand player numbers better than me so I'm willing to roll with any negative effects given they are smart enough to not go down the fully matchmade route.

I don't fear this. They have resisted the temptation so long, I don't think they are going to fall now.

And lets not get too ahead of ourselves...

Crota was 1 good players and 5 that can fire a rocket when asked to.

Carrying happens.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Tyberius posted:

Console thread? So what Bungie is giving up on the PC version and letting Blizzard add in guardians to Heroes of the Storm?

Can we do the Overwatch thing of finding "ships"?

Ikora Rey + the funny robot hunter guy.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Steve, if you like singleplayer Massive Multiplayer Online Games you must try Elders Scroll Online. It has a fuckton of content, the average quality is good with parts that are very good. The game do a lot of heavy instancing and ... is actually easier to do solo than in a group (the quest instancing gets in the way). The game now feels even more like Skyrim that at release. Is a good game.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Supers

Warlock new super => summon a blade that shot fire blades, roaming super
Titan new super => captain america, summons a shield that can shot and it returns
Hunter (new?) super => pole dancing thing, looks good, like a ballerina trying to kill you. It will still be weaker than the other two?

More interesting, maybe, is all the other tools that will come with the class. The small things.

Is going to be weird when we start playing the game and from minute 0 we use the new powers. In destiny 1 when new supers where introduced where with a lore story.

On my limited understanding of the published videos.... we ... lose all the light, and then regain it?, but we are the only ones with light?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Random opinions:

By getting pretty much the same game we avoided a bullet. Old game + new skills + new story + new maps + new activities +new weapons is about the better combination that was in the cards. Much better than a completelly new game that had none of the qualities of the original.

My theory is that game developers often don't see the game the same way has us, players, they see different strengths and different qualities. So when they translate a game, they translate what they see and miss the things we consider important. The way they are making Destiny 2, it looks like nothing is going to be lost in translation.

There are things for concern. Slower gameplay is a No Thanks. Part of the joy of a game is ample agile movements. I hope 4vs4 is only one of the gamemodes at 6vs6 exist.

I remain optimist in all areas because "low level RPG game character" is about the most underpower and numb thing in existence. You must start weak, then start the power creep that end you killing gods. If you start killing gods with oneshots, theres not room for grown.

The beta I don't expect to be more than what Destiny 1 beta was.

---------------
Dear Bungie,

Speed = Fun. Don't nerf speed options.

Thx, bye.
---------------

Video is not related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jNrtWrCyc8

Tei fucked around with this message at 09:49 on May 19, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

ACOPKILLEDMYDOG posted:

I liked that being in certain rooms in PvP gives you a little notification on where your at so you can do callouts, the combat seemed way more "punchy" and less "floaty" if that makes sense. I can see where the overwatch comparisons come from but I kind of get more of a futurama feel from the map that I saw.

I thought the ghost dialogue was cute, the floating robot rezzes my rear end constantly so the least I can do is listen to his lovely jokes. I think the protag not speaking a whole lot is good because the only thing they should give a poo poo about is getting better guns, it's Characterization. Strike boss battle looked bad but I liked that drill section with the moving parts, I'm actually kind of bummed I didn't get to see that in game unspoiled. All in all: can't wait to shoot my Nerf Maverick at some retextured brutes from halo

>>I liked that being in certain rooms in PvP gives you a little notification on where your at so you can do callouts, <<

This is interesting and obviusly designed to help Osiris.... erhh... the Nine.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I kind of wish the rumor about more Halo style vehicle stuff was true, but on the other hand vehicle stuff in loot based games turns out pretty bad a lot of the time.

Continuing with the Overwatch comparisons, It will be good if we get a scort the payload pvp mode, where the payload is a tank, and actually defend itself.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This reddit post list what seems a complete list of class skills?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6c1scy/i_typed_out_the_complete_skill_trees_for/

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

I thought they said cross-save in the drat opening? So it's all just bullshit?

I don't know if they said that. But cross-save with PC can put the other platforms in danger. If cheating run rampant in the PC side, people could import OP stuff from the PC side. Is not something thats a concern me, but some people care a lot about that.

How well equipped will be the PC version to deal with cheating is a unknown at this point, but is sure that a cheatapocallipse can be a possible outcome.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Waffle House posted:

A day later and I'm a little sad that we won't have access to Venus or Mars in D2 until some expansion content drops (?), but it looks like the playspaces are going to be large and engaging enough that I'll be very happy with this leg of the Destiny 2 experience. I'm expecting this to feel a lot like Vanilla, and am half expecting a loot cave to be discovered.

vvvvv :siren: Carehards only after this point :siren: vvvvv

I photoshopped Luke Smith's hoodie onto the original Signal Received Alpha Lupi Array. All three spheres fit, but idkwtf to do with this information. Coloration is arbitrary and just for visual pop purposes. faaaaaaarrrtttt

I read this has 1, 3 and 4. Mercury, Earth, Mars.

This is the boring answer.

Solar system map.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_System#/media/File:Planets2013.svg

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

FishBulb posted:

Has Destiny ever had a real hidden secret thing? When was the last time anything had some secret ARG thing? Seems like forever.

*Pat his black hammer* I like it when Destiny do it.

haveblue posted:

With modern online communities it's almost impossible to give every player their own personal discoveries any more.

Technically is possible, but.. is worth it?

Imagine instead of stock names, weapons had names generated from the seed that decide the perks. Then the name could get has surname the name of the first person to acquire that particular combination of perks.

Then you could make so weapons have a "elite" version with more perks, that are only unlocked after 100 kills. And when somebody do that with a new weapon name, a announcement serverwide shows, and the weapon become available to others in shops.

"Lyudmila-D - Haveblue Elite version available". Your name will be forever part of the weapon you "discovered".

Tei fucked around with this message at 16:32 on May 19, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

It could be just that the artist are more interesting in making fun/good hunter and warlocks. Is honestly weird that "Blocky - Robot/Soldier-ske" aesthetic is the one that they have problem with in a science-fiction game, of all things.

Then theres things like the Blacksmith shader not available to everyone. Metal + a good shader = fly cool.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

cvnvcnv posted:

Hunters look like poo poo, just a bunch of cunts stuck in gas masks and draped in retard curtains. IB Y2 and Snow Angel are their only true escape from being fashion victims.

Hunter had capes, hoodies. Has hunter you can look like a prince or hobo cyber rogue. Titans have.. that rear end towell you loot from year 1 raid.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

My other post is dumb, so I will add some nuance.

You can look awesome with a Titan, but most of the time (leveling, with random gear) you look like a clown. And the gear that make you look may have bad stats more often than not.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

On videogames you play for the "new game" smell. Thats why the older is a game, his price goes to zero.

There will be (I hope) a fuckton of "new game" smell in this one, with the new areas, characters, weapons, skills synergies, game modes and secrets. And dances, and awesome looking gear.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

So, you guys play with a mouse and keyboard connected to your XIM?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I think is time to put togueter a lot of videos.

Zabala and the City - Origin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MGuklrmm_U

Homecoming - Campaing mission
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaAgKqTOCY4

Destiny 2 - Dycroft Showdown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY7tpK7pQBo

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I enjoyed this video.

I hope for Destiny 2 they don't gently caress around too much with the format, that I think is perfect. I specially do not want anything to do with 4vs4 modes. 4vs4 can be good for crucible has a optional game mode.

Love this map in particular. I wonder why they called it Blue Balls.

This exclusive map.

For the PS4.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The Meat Dimension posted:

Anything not at an angle is probably a placeholder.

Anything not in the videos is unfinished and broken as hell.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

To be honest I am disaponted we still walking around vexified world. No that I wanted new races, is that having vex everywhere somehow cheaps them. I want to walk around fresh enviroments.

It looks like the earth map will That map, with cool things in it

Why nobody have talked about that round this in the sky? is that part of the traveler?

Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlUaq-JtFSY&t=84s
EDZ... Europe Dead Zone.

:laugh:

Tei fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 20, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Interview thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjxUFCSmaO0

This one reply one question: what is that thing in the horizont? it seems part of the traveler.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Maybe my view is biased because I never played the game before The Taken King but this this game is all right by me. Bungie knows how to make solid fps mechanics and I hope Destiny 2 launches with a shitload of content right out of the gate.

Or maybe not. A game with a lot of DLC's have a time, quality and quantity advantage.

Also Destiny endgames are usually tiny. Nightfalls, Raid and Osiris.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

limaCAT posted:

Games > Destiny 2 Console Thread: Console Gamers already hate this game

I don't hate Destiny. Or Bungie. Like at all.

The problem here is that Bungie had to add ways to artificially extend the life of the game, and their ideas where worse than a filler episode of Naruto.
So each patch, each DLC, would add things to improve Quality of Life, then break something else somewhere in a move that feels "gently caress you". Theres some sort of different agenda between the devs and the players, where players seems to hate some forms of grind, and Bungie still have to add at least a 3 of these type of elements that people identify has the wrong type of grind. Other types of grind are wellcome. The Books ideas is rather nice done, imho, while is the most obvius excuse possible to extend gameplay, but is wellcome maybe because is optional.

Destiny 2 is a new game and maybe things will be different. If the base game is big enough Bungie don't have to extends things much before of the first DLC.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Simple feature QoL style idea:

A option to "sent to my titan" or something, so from one character we can send to other. I know with external tools is unnecessary, but it would be nice for some people.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

cvnvcnv posted:

Literally my favorite hatemail to receive :kimchi: :swoon:

Thank you for saying something so completely disagreeable that Sony mods were all over it in less than two minutes after reporting lmao

Heres what she said:

"Obama anthrax countdown timer phone bomb intellectual property thief gadejo gilipuertas noon coordinated attack".

Edit:
I reinstalled Destiny 1 to check some poo poo. Theres some nice changes!. I like that now many assaults has been sivafied, theres a few new exotic weapons, and the "ding, you did a thing" is a compelling (if obvious) thing.
Is still the same game, full of fury and combat that feels like dance. I swimmed in bullets and emerged on the other side unhurt. Destiny is kind of a great game.

Tei fucked around with this message at 23:27 on May 22, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

^^ haha.

I loved the Thorn before it got buffed because paint people green. Then it got buffed and I moved to Bad Juju, because in the Iron banner you dont need to reload if you kill somebody before the mag is empty. And then it got buffed. This happend again with the HardLight but it kind of ruined the weapon for me.

My bigger error in destiny pvp is playing Osiris with shotguns instead of fusion rifles. There was my sellout moment. A person that is good with fusion rifles is not scared of anything.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I still can't believe we are gonna get only 4vs4. Is because everybody misunderstood Bungie.

The more popular modes where with more people. But to be honest I don't have stats, so perhaps I am wrong.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

xzzy posted:

At least until you get to Battlefield numbers where the maps are so big and have so many people you're constantly getting sniped in the back.

Thats why in these games I play has a tank. 30 minutes running over people, shooting at the face with a tank gun and when they enter a house, I enter behind them with the tank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw3Sgsp3IYE

WAIT A MINUTE, DESTINY 2 IS GOING TO GET A TANK!

DESTINY 2 WILL BE WORLD OF TANKS... IN SPACE.

Tei fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 23, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I don't think so. I have not read about it either.

Heres a photo of my next favorite Destiny weapon

The PC version will have a fov slider, but I don't think is reason enough to choose that platform. Your choice of platform should be guided from where you have more friends. And if is either way, choose console, you will thank me later.

Tei fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 23, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

hiddenriverninja posted:

Will the Stranger have time to explain?

Here is explained:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZTesiSVEes

I think it involve time machines.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Do the Age of Triumph have any good exotic weapon?

I already got the Lord of Thunders with Flames In It, and is not my tea cup. So everything has been Taken and Shivafied and Fallen at the same time?. I like some of the changes,for change sake, but some of the new dialogs are truly cringeworthy.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

limaCAT posted:

I want to put myself in a coma and wake up when Destiny 2 comes out.

I have the amusing image of what would happen if the game is delayed 20 years.

You will have a rude awakening: Feminism has made penis illegal. Your backlog of videogames will be 20 years long.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

How does wrath of the machine compare to kings fall. I really liked that raid.

The Taken king raid has annoying parts and the machine one is more straighforwad pew pew pew daka daka.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Alteisen posted:

Could I get one piece of loving armor from Crota's End :argh:

This wouldn have been a epic title when crota was released.

Also the Taken King raid is awesome, but everything else said about it is also true.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I have a god roll Imago and a god roll Treads Upon Stars, and they don't feel like Y1 Fatebringer/Vision of Confluence.

The magic is gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

My wishlist for Destiny 3.

You make your character has a hero before the fall. You live in Venus or Mars, in a beautiful city with happy people around creating new technologies.

Each day you takes a car and drives to the Future War Cult offices, where you are connected to a machine where you travel to the future. Theres "insertion points". Places in time and space that are easy to reach by the FWC machine.
Most of the insertion points are historical events, battles. Your mission is to discover what is the darkness. The game play pretty much like a assassin creed game. You slowly uncover what is the darkness, questions are answered and others created, you unlock more and more insertion points, but some of them are corrupted, some of them area paracausical. You suspect theres a conspiracy in your time to cause the fall of humanity.

For Destiny 3 DLC's, I hope we get 6vs6 pvp, and maps where gravity change in different rooms / floors. If we fight in a moon, that gravity where 1/5 of the normal. I wish we get more anime weapons. Like some sort of blade that leave fractures in reality that damage people that walk trough them. Or a pistol that launch a drone that follow you and suicide itself when he see a enemy (with a top of 6 drones orbiting around you).

Do bungie know that Speed=Fun?. Mounted-combat. Firing your guns from the sparrow. Maybe a pvp map with dunes where your characters slide down the hills like forever.