Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
given that striker is getting a gun shield im excited to see how they change defender around too.

someone said stuff like armor - agi - recovery is now on gear? be interesting to see if those are normalized across classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

xzzy posted:

Bungie going after esports again seems like a bad idea as it was a giant tire fire when they attempted it in Halo.. it basically chased off everyone who played the game for fun because there was no way to escape the competitive setup.

the halo franchise were like the first console shooters that was actually competitive so idek what you're talking about. tons of people played halo casually.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

haveblue posted:

TTK is definitely up, someone earlier said that a lot of one-hit kill situations have been removed.

i mean, a lot of ohk situations are gone by virtue of making most of the ohk weapons effectively heavies

i hope there's more than one opportunity to get heavy a game, though. i think snipers and shotguns and stuff are too prevalent atm but once a game seems like it wouldn't be enough.

where are fusions going? power weapon slot?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that's all good-sounding stuff. the .86 second primary ttks we were getting in later expansions were getting insane.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that's still reading like a very strange choice to me. depending on how you acquire power weapon ammo, there'd be no reason to not run rockets or lmg's if their acquisition is at all limited. snipers and shotguns in the low-impact class are going to be even more poorly off than they currently are.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Mr. Unlucky posted:

the 3 new supers look like dogshit. shuffling the weapons around is a garbage bandaid for balancing, apparently they couldn't get their poo poo together after all so just make them use 2 primaries instead what a great solution!

but the game finally has a story and all those rep grinds will be built right in instead of having to wait a few expansions. wooooo!

this was supposed to be a do-over and instead they're doubling down. just shove all that garbage that didn't make it into the first game into this.

who tf are you

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i mean, i don't think you will find a single poster enthusiastic about destiny who did not get their money's worth from destiny 1 and it's dlc.

also, yes, if it's fun, i think that's fine. if you're for some reason positing that destiny 1 + all of it's dlc + destiny 2 constitutes a single game's worth of value there has probably only been like three games ever made that are acceptable by your dogshit metrics.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
way to quote your own post you loving degenerate

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you don't need to quote your own posts when other people do it for you

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the top 3 most popular games on steam are like dota 2, csgo, and pubg, all of which look like poo poo. destiny looking like poo poo only bodes well

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
using blessings or armor on your bubble is a real scrub-tier play so you probably could have walked in and crouch-punched him to death

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
who tf reports hate mail you nerd, its the highest compliment a stranger can give you

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don't think it autofilters, i've received some truly vile poo poo.

i mean hell there are people with anti-semitic names that playstation doesn't even seem to care about.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i know when people talk about fun poo poo in destiny, the first thing they say is 'getting double killed by the same super'

there better be a loving bubble in there somewhere because why the hell is defender now a roaming super

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You don't have to mash the respawn button....

you also should have a reasonable expectation to, you know, not be respawned next to an enemy

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i still don't have a loving icebreaker

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if a lobby has too many roaming supers to reliably suppression them i'll still bust out the PI. sucks we got a year 3 icebreaker but PI got left behind. what else hadn't they brought forward? is that it?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i am pretty much unable to play anything non-trials because it will team me with five individual thumbless hospital patients against a six stack from japan or brasil.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
on a whim I bought a ps4 to alpha Destiny and I'm mad i can't alpha this game too.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i just did the rift weekly, and i could literally count on a single hand the amount of times i was killed by a gun that was not an icebreaker, palindrome, or an eyasluna. gently caress this game is stupid, please hurry destiny 2.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

New ward of dawn is basically the relic from vog, so you gotta sit there doing nothing and hold down a button to have it out. It's not an alternate mode.

defender has a perk that lets you drop a ward instead of using captain america, yes it is. i guess depending on how you interpret it you could think you had to hold it the whole time but 'when you cast your super, you can press and hold the super activation and you’ll place a Ward of Dawn instead' makes it sound like it's just a thing you do instead of pulling the shield out.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

CheeseFactory posted:

To bad we can't talk about different roll guns in D2 :suicide:

are they not doing variable rolls in d2??

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
10 in destiny is insanely slow even by most console shooter standards. i play on something between 7-10 most of the time.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

cvnvcnv posted:

Thinking of the core gameplay feeling like D1, good stuff. But nearly everything they've shown has utterly failed to rouse me at all, some repulsing me away. Haven't preordered. Hopefully something in all the reveals in the coming weeks will decide for me so I don't have to rely on the beta.

Never thought I'd not want D2 but it does look very bad, and not in a dead gay retard way.

i mean this from the bottom of my heart: i hope you never buy and play this game, in the infinitesimally small chance i am forced to play it with you

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that was the first time we've seen a player do it, though, i think.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
yeah it's not like the starting destiny 1 armor looked all that hot either

but then we got holdfast and molniya like two patches later and that was the hottest poo poo in the game so

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what're some buttons that people map to rear triggers on xbox elites and stuff? i just got the PS4 equivalent and I'm trying to figure out what's best. melee, jump, reload, switch weapon?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

AAB posted:

whats the ps4 equivalent controller?

i think there are two that Sony approved, one was a nacon or something and the other was a Razer Raiju, which I got. i think only the nacon has released in NA, but i had a friend pick up a raiju for me while he was overseas. ironically, they're both pretty much shaped like Xbox controllers, but only the raiju keeps the PlayStation both-sticks-at-the-bottom design.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
3v3 was a weird size for pvp anyway.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
trials was enjoyable in potato tier for like four months but never again after that

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don't think that has ever been the case, but i would not count on trials not being huge clusterfucks of meta unless d2 has much better balancing than d1.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
drat you termite

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
pubbies blow huge dick at the strike

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
is all titan armor 'heavy titan armor'? i've gotten drops with varying degrees of resilience/mobility/recovery but nothing that wasn't 'heavy'.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

the good fax machine posted:

The skill trees definitely aren't what I was expecting. The entire field of perks in the top right are always active, I thought you'd have to choose one. I'm glad, I need dat bubble, and you don't have to sacrifice anything (other than the bitchin captain America shield) to use it. From what they'd said previously, I thought you would have to spec it that way.

there's going to be a second perk 'group' in the full game, you just can't mix and match.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
first match: 6.0 'efficiency'. just give us kills/deaths you loving morons.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

is all titan armor 'heavy titan armor'? i've gotten drops with varying degrees of resilience/mobility/recovery but nothing that wasn't 'heavy'.

if anyone was wondering, the answer is 'no'. just got some 'restorative' titan armor. woowee!

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
first match of competitive: four stack on the other team, three people on my team literally never got super

it's destiny 2

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I just have to ask because your MO in the last few destiny threads over the years is to bitch non stop. Are you even enjoying yourself? Like, maybe you should find a different franchise for your health.

as an adult human, i don't spend my leisure time doing things i don't enjoy. if i didn't like destiny, i wouldn't play it. most of the things i complain about don't even change my enjoyment of the game, they're just gripes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

that's gotta be a lot of mobility gear. if i try to maneuver my titan it's like a brick in a washing machine.