Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

but sheesh it seems like someone is dropping the ball.

The Crimson King is doing everything he can to sabotage it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Chairman Capone posted:

I really enjoyed Wolves of the Calla. But I feel like Song of Susannah was entirely pointless. That is definitely an entry where it felt like nothing happened. I'm not even sure if I remember a single plot point from it, actually.

That's the full author self-insertion novel.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Basebf555 posted:

I think I've posted this before but the fact that Elba appears to not wear a hat for the entire movie bothers me. I always picture Roland wearing a cowboy hat, and most of the book covers showed him with a hat.

Are there any passages in the actual books that talk about him wearing a hat?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually wear one since there is that passage about him having a huge chunk of his hair removed during the bit where they rescue jake from the house that tries to eat him.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Omnikin posted:

Until they skip over the scene

What scene?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Seaniqua posted:

thankee sigh

:tipshat:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Mantis42 posted:

I can't believe Stephen King would lie to us about this being a good adaptation.

Stephen King told everybody that the TV Show Under the Dome was good.

You know, the show everyone in TV IV called "Under the Dumb".

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Actually bummed that we're never going to get the "go then; there are other worlds than these" sequence and subsequent storyline though. Why cobble together all these disparate elements but leave out one of SK's best written scenes.

Susannah loving an invisible demon to distract it while Roland and Eddie pull Jake out of a house that is trying to eat him is probably something they'll have a hard time putting on film.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

ZorajitZorajit posted:

It was better than Valerian.

A bar set so low it is resting on the floor.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Mantis42 posted:

Did you mean to post this in D&D?

Yeah, I was just in the thread those tweets should have been posted in. What is going on. :tinfoil:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Holy poo poo they really did try to cram elements from all of the books in one movie.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Is it a spoiler if it was in the trailer?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Eifert Posting posted:

How do you say "lynch mob" in French?

Mèche de lynch

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I mean, they're remaking The Mist of all things into a miniseries. They could've had thinnies and everything in the Dark Tower movies/mini-series along with it as part of that universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Dark tower seems like an inherently doomed property. Like say you recreate the first 3 scene for scene and everyone loves them. What do you do next? actually film the weird harry potter and doctor doom stuff that made up the second half of the story?

Reminder that Ready Player One is being made into a movie without a hint of irony.

• Locked thread