Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Voting:

Improved Spaceport - Corvette yards
Naval Capacity
Solar Panels

We have mass driver corvettes. Don't improve them, mass produce them (to 2.6x naval cap), run over whoever our first contact is and explain that they want to join the UN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

alcaras posted:

Grab the opener for Prosperity (cheaper mining stations), then get Private Colony Ships (so we can use energy to expand), then start and complete Expansion.

Optionally get the Discovery opener along the way somewhere for the cheaper research stations.

This.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

There's a right answer (Private colony ships and massive expanding) and a goon answer, and if you search your feelings you'll know.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Cythereal posted:

I read the Stellaris thread, and my understanding is that all that Fanatic Purifier stuff was only added recently... because players wanted to be Fanatic Purifiers themselves. That thread kinda unnerves me with just how popular going maximum hitler and doing horrible, horrible things seems to be.

Maximum hitler turns out to be a winning strategy in most paradox games.

New Life and rival the unlikables.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

MadDogMike posted:

I'd say something like 90% of the things people do with Paradox games is ride the evil curve as far as they can. Hell, look at the Crusader Kings II and Stellaris thread titles here. I know they added sub-Reddits for both games just to handle all the things said about the games that are just terrible out of context like "slavery is pretty nifty". Still think my favorite Stellaris horror story is the guy who captured several planets from one species and wanted to kill off their pops. He turned on that "turn alien pops into food" thing mentioned earlier, but his people were robotic life forms at that point who didn't eat food. But food is something you can export, so he promptly turned around and made a food trade pact with the race he took the worlds from, thus selling them their own people back as food. See here for details, my favorite reply was "Somewhere in the galaxy a future Space Hague just spontaneously appeared and they don't know why... yet".

As for the thread, agree with telling people A New Life awaits them in the offworld colonies.

We definitely integrated and then gave away all of a vassal's worlds (They wanted slaves, we didn't have any and they were causing empire unhappiness as a result) to another vassal that was perfectly content to be our vassal and just had this one small problem of eating their new slave loving drone pops because they were a hive mind....

Not my finest hour, but our not so good guys won that game.

• Locked thread