Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
I'm REALLY excited about this new season OP, but I gotta say I'm not looking forward to some of the GBS hot takes about this show. It seems to me that a lot of people here like to be contrarian just for the sake of it, which is a really lovely attitude to take through life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Professor Shark posted:

I really liked Twin Peaks and decided that Lynch was cool back when I was 21 so then I picked up a copy of Eraserhead and and hour later literally threw it in the garbage haha

Do you have any idea what a stupid, retarded piece of poo poo you are

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I honestly believe there is some long con by all of the weirdo internet lynch fans because I've seen a lot of his garbage and my favorite thing from him was his performance on the show Louie

gently caress you!!!!!

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

The Dennis System posted:

The Dougie sub-plot is the most boring television I've ever forced myself to sit through. I can't imagine what Lynch and Co. are thinking. It's a nightmare. People complain about a show like The Big Bang Theory being lazy, but the people who write that show have to come up with dialogue and jokes. And that takes some effort, even if the jokes are bad. The Dougie plot is just Maclachlan wandering around looking catatonic in a faintly wacky way. Nothing needs to be written and Maclachlan doesn't have to flex any acting muscle. Nothing is happening. It's the laziest thing I've ever seen on a screen, and it goes on and on and on and on and on. Episode after episode. Maclachlan wandering around. NOTHING happening. No writing is happening. There's not even physical comedy happening. Nothing. There is literally nothing more boring in the world that they could possibly film. Watching a film of paint drying would be less boring than Dougie, because at least you could use a film like that for meditation. Lynch is hailed as a genius, and this is what he produces. He produces some great stuff, and he also produces literally the worst thing ever filmed. They should not have given him complete creative control. He's a maniac. Someone needed to step in and shut that Dougie stuff the hell down. What a goddamned egomaniac.

Your a little bitch, mate

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
It's pretty predictable that the basic morons of GBS wouldn't care for this show.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Maybe debating whether DC or Marvel films are superior is more your guys speed.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

basic hitler posted:

The latest ep was not good. Somone finally gave me some insight into the imagery that might help me "get it" if i get around to rewatching it, but getting that info was like pulling teeth. and enduring some very :smuggo: type of jerkwards. This was david lynch basically writing a ridiculous, probably skippable intermission to the rest of the show full of dense, boring symbolism and imagery that's apparently about the birth of the black lodge, but the only way you could like it if you're the Lynch equivalent of a nintendo fanboy.

You know, that's cool if that's what I'm signing up for. Eraserhead is a cool movie. Interrupting the actual show of Twin Peaks to give us some insanely masturbatory high-art rendition of how/why the black lodge came to be that nobody could possibly enjoy unless you're the kind of rear end in a top hat who gets off on this kind of poo poo or writes episode reviews that quote Marx and Zizek was a jackass thing to do though.

I guess david lynch is gonna be david lynch, but i've enjoyed every single episode of the new series until this bad poo poo.

I'm only gonna rewatch tomorrow out of loyalty to the dude himself but I'm gonna go ahead and say that part 8 will be the worst episode of the series by a hugely wide margin and i bet it's gonna make some people stop watching entirely lol

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Fartbox posted:

What a terrible show

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

a hole-y ghost posted:

I think the only thing keeping this thread alive is the people that don't like the show. Not much actual discussion of the show going on in here...

I prefer the FYAD Twin Peaks thread.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
I think it says a lot about GBS that the loving Game of Thrones megathread gets hundreds of posts a day and this was buried on page 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Coopers back.

• Locked thread