Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Donincognito checking in so i dont get booted because im terrible at this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

drat, not being level 10 sucks rear end. Everyone is in a Mk. 2 but me, with double my hp. It takes me 8-10 hits with a blast cannon to drop someone, while they can just cycle their 3 guns and drop me.

I just got a mk3 speeder, and let me tell you, its fun to unload with three cannons on someone.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I just got a shooter mk3 and I am running 1 uncommon cannon, 1 rare cannon and an uncommon sniper cannon, which is working really well. Im trying to settle down on a support loadout though, and right now im using a rare standard shield and a rare bandage. I dont know if this is working the best for me. Any suggestions? Should I swap back to an uncommon bandage so I can upgrade it more? I am running into an issue where I dont have enough parts to upgrade rares much.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Sorry, was talking about blue slots on a shooter, not a fixer. For fixer, I'm trying to save up enough to get to mk3, where I can do both crates and pulse

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

syscall girl posted:

Just got the mk3 ffffffff

Oh yeah, you can wreck mk2s so hard with mk3.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

SamEyeAm posted:

I'm getting a lot of blues that I use, and a few purples, but drat is it getting expensive to upgrade them all into the first evolution. Parts are scarce!

If you evolve your greens it upgrades the rewards for scrapping them. Im not sure if it does parts as well, but I know if you scrap a lvl21 green, you are guaranteed a blue power cell.

Course, I dont have enough green parts spare to drop that much on upgrading one just to scrap, but eventually there will be a solution.

edit : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMcyPEPE4a0 explains it better.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Time for some hints then, feel free to contribute.

(1) Cram as many cannons as possible onto your ship. Include the sniper cannon for long range shenanigans.
(2) Dont charge in first. Let some other sucker do that.
(3a) Try to focus down weaker unfriends first. Even if they have gently caress all HP left, they can still pump out damage.
(3b) Dont chase unreasonably. If they run and you cant catch them quickly, let them go, keep a mental note of which way they went, and move onto the next target. If they come back, retarget and destroy.
(4) Kill the fixer asap.
(5) If your fixer is lobbing crates to noone, dont pick them up. Leave them till they are needed.
(6) If you suck with mortars, go fixer with crates and get some good practise in at leading shots.

Any more to add to the list?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Also, im sure most of you have worked this out by now, but its better to buy bigger bundles of spare parts from the market.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

syscall girl posted:

I don't think you get a costco bulk discount though?

It's not a huge discount, but every little bit counts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

SamEyeAm posted:

A month since last post and this is still my #1 game. I'm currently at 2441 infamy and nearing my Mk5 Fixer in a few more levels.

Why aren't more of you playing this Very Good Game?!

I got too frustrated at teammates and myself, so I quit before I broke my phone.

• Locked thread