Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

I applied in game as SineSineSINE. My infamy's hanging around 180-200, it's hard to get over that hump with mk1 ships but I'm almost to captain level 10 so I can get me that sweet mk2 shooter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Made it to 430 on the mk1. Might tick to lvl 10 today. My comments would be: 1. Find who has the most HP and hide behind them. 2. Never stop moving 3. Keep track of how the wave is breaking. Riding along the crest of a wave can give excellent shots while making you difficult to hit. 4. The autoaim system with dual canons makes circle straffing pretty viable. 5. With your turret locked you can shoot from parts of the wave that the enemy cannot hit you from. 6. Always remove any guns from the game that you can.

That's mostly it I think. On certain maps you can ark cannon shells over top of the walls. Again abuse autoaim for that. Actually pretty much always autoaim lock a target IMO because aiming is a bitch and paying more attention to your sailing is better.

Thanks to both of y'all, these tips helped a lot. Managed to pick up almost 100 infamy today, seems to be a bit better now that I've got a better idea of what to do.

• Locked thread