Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
also i'm hardly a survivalist nutjob but if they start confiscating guns even that kinda sets my alarms off regarding the bill of rights and all

we kind of painted ourselves into a corner with that but if they want to do gun confiscation poo poo in a way that i'm not freaked out by it had better at least be an amendment or something otherwise thats huge precedent to loving other rights away but IDK i'm kinda drunk of course. if guns need to go away (which I'm quite alright with intrinsically) do it in a constitutionally sound way otherwise whats the point.

but then again its 2017 and trump is president i dont know why i care because anything about rule of law or governance is getting poo poo on anyway gently caress it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Ayep. An off-roster P320 goes for $1500-2000 in CA.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Godholio posted:

I meant more as a reason against allowing all rifles while banning handguns. Handguns are more practical for personal/home defense and more able to be protected against.
Ah, gotcha.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

also i'm hardly a survivalist nutjob but if they start confiscating guns even that kinda sets my alarms off regarding the bill of rights and all

we kind of painted ourselves into a corner with that but if they want to do gun confiscation poo poo in a way that i'm not freaked out by it had better at least be an amendment or something otherwise thats huge precedent to loving other rights away but IDK i'm kinda drunk of course. if guns need to go away (which I'm quite alright with intrinsically) do it in a constitutionally sound way otherwise whats the point.

but then again its 2017 and trump is president i dont know why i care because anything about rule of law or governance is getting poo poo on anyway gently caress it

Guns are more entrenched in society than free speech. Guns aren't going anywhere.

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

Zeris posted:

Guns are more entrenched in society than free speech. Guns aren't going anywhere.

which is the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk IRT police and de-escalation.

Guns are so entrenched in the psyche of Americans that cops get to use "i just wanna make it home to MUH FAMILY" excuse.

Which if you think about it long enough, should NOT fly in a country of around 9 million registered gun owners, with a strong gun ownership culture.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Zeris posted:

i mean i get that it was kind of my point.

i dont get why people say ban guns because unless you confiscate it's meaningless unless you're willing to wait out them being priced out due to rarity which would be on the magnitude of decades at least

unless they confiscate which would literally probably be the start of Civil War 2 poo poo. I cant say for sure which side I'd be on.

then people say "lol americans with shotguns wouldn't stand a chance against the us military" but then I look at afghanistan and iraq and uhh

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

No one is going to confiscate anything ever. Any changes in laws will affect manufacture and sale only (with some meaningless buybacks as a feel-good measure), and any impact will take at least a generation.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i live in a rural area so i dont really understand the people who want guns banned. what exactly are you supposed to do about pissed mountain lions, or rabid bears. usually you can just scare off large wildlife like that because they typically aren't interested in people. but mountain lions especially occasionally stalk and attack people so it's like, either you can have a gun semi-handy or you can just never go outside after dark

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
meth addict attacks are pretty common too but similar to brown bears, flexing on them usually scares them off

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
We may not be able to ban guns but we should definitely find a way to limit speech that promotes guns. Inciting another person to get a gun should be a crime.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Remember before guns when cities were the safest place to be but going out in the wilderness after dark was a death sentence

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Zeris posted:

Remember before guns when cities were the safest place to be but going out in the wilderness after dark was a death sentence

Fallout 4 is just a video game and Fred Flintstone's job was pretty dangerous, friend.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Zeris posted:

What a time to be alive.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zeris posted:

We must ban knives as well as blunt objects over a pound in weight

Don't let any congressmen see you using a lighter as a fist pack

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Law of proportionality: do you respond to the mugger with pocket sand, laser halberd, or your pack of trained deathclaws

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Zeris posted:

Law of proportionality: do you respond to the mugger with pocket sand, laser halberd, or your pack of trained deathclaws

I carry a flail for a reason

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Congress has incenitivized pocket sand in nonlethal confrontations and you'll receive a tax voucher in 6-8 weeks

Deathclaws require an inspection permit which you may or may not have left at home

Laser halberd when used is a great vehicle for depreciation against your reported income

Twist: the mugger reached for his wallet

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeris posted:

Flaming power fist.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
It only takes me... One Punch

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

imagine if as roofer said 'this looks dangerous' and started capping everyone with a nail gun. he just wants to get home safe, you know.

i'm slow, I don't get it

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
We'll nail the concept down for you.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Who wants to take bets on someone using one of those dewalt nail rifles to kill someone and the resulting call for nail-gun control legislation

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

M_Gargantua posted:

Who wants to take bets on someone using one of those dewalt nail rifles to kill someone and the resulting call for nail-gun control legislation

I will fight to the death to protect my home with my nail gun because nail guns are just as bad as real guns.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

N4I is currently being sued for misapplication of a stud finder.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Girls only want boyfriends with great skills. You know, like plumb bob skills, straight edge skills, tape measure skills...

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Chicks want good dick.

You're all hosed. Or not hosed. Depending on how you look at it.

At they very least you're all a disappointment.

Still hosed though.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Woof Blitzer posted:

It only takes me... One Punch

Careful with that anime reference, buddy.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

It's pretty hosed up on a lot of levels if a government says, "we definitely don't want you to have individual access to the means to protect yourself, because y'all can't be trusted to handle it, but we don't care if you vote."

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I would like to move the couch and rearrange a bit but it's Monty's couch and his favorite spot and he likes to look out the window.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/new_house_oversight_chairman_kills_off_committee_s_russia_investigation

What a surprise, Gowdy's a compromised shithead as well.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Kuroyama posted:

Careful with that anime reference, buddy.

Trap sprung mofo

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

TBeats posted:

i would be okay with the police ROE making cops as hesitant to pull triggers as we were when i was deployed.

lol yeah I can't imagine how much trouble I'd be in if I shot some dirt farmer for reaching for his weapon after I screamed OGAF at him 3 times like a goddamn maniac and then threw 7 hot ones at him when he wouldn't loving stop.

WHAT AN UPROAR THERE WOULD BE IN THE COC THAT DAY I TELL YOU.

TBeats posted:

When I was deployed I was a bloodthirsty fucker and started looking at being a cop simply because I wanted to be able to shoot people.

I didn't know it was actually possible to do it and get away with it like that.

(I also wonder how many people are like I was but actually became a cop.)

Are you loving retarded?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Idk. I don't take tongue in cheek remarks 100% serious like you do so.. maybe?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/878281121288540160

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Ooh man, it's gonna be super awkward at the office next week.

Put up pictures of Roland Pryzbylewski as "Officer of the Month."

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Dead Reckoning posted:

Ooh man, it's gonna be super awkward at the office next week.

Put up pictures of Roland Pryzbylewski as "Officer of the Month."

:drat:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

:downsbravo:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Of course it's automatically about race and poo poo. Please God, kill everyone.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
well there's kind of a precedent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Woof Blitzer posted:

Of course it's automatically about race and poo poo. Please God, kill everyone.
of course its about race he shot an off duty police officer trying to help at a car wreck because he was black

• Locked thread