Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Capn Beeb posted:

Pretty much, but now the HPA is already getting pushback from an unexpected source:

http://www.outdoorlife.com/gun-news-law-enforcement-coalition-joins-gun-control-group-to-lobby-against-reciprocity-hearing

gently caress you cops, tinnitus is bullshit.

lol unexpected?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
BACK the BLUE!

:suicide:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
hey here's a hottake to not poo poo up the CE thread with

Obama was a great Republican President and a terrible Democrat one

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
imagine if as roofer said 'this looks dangerous' and started capping everyone with a nail gun. he just wants to get home safe, you know.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Well, one cop shooting another is something I can support.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
We get what we pay for in most cases.

Honkyville, USA's cops have less education than my goddamned barber.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Zeris posted:

They don't pay me enough to make sense as often as you'd like

Just glad you made it home safe

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Statistically there is no justification for the paranoia law enforcement happily fostered with its US VS THEM WAR ON COPS SHEEPDOG HURRRRRRRRR bullshit.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Hey who's the worst ally we've ever had, Saudi Arabia or Israel

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Victor Vermis posted:

ALL COPS ARE BADDDDDDDDDD

well he wasnt wrong

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

If ownership of semi automatic rifles is necessary for self defense against a destructive government then we should do what I (completely seriously) tell the CSPAM thread all the time, arm and train minority communities.

Its funny you say this since armed minorities demonstrating is the last great boogeyman out there that might budge the GOP on gun control. Even then, I'm not entirely sure. A black dude gunned down a bunch of cops in Dallas and they just kinda shrugged.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Capn Beeb posted:

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Mulford Act on a national level brought back if there were enough of the Wrong People owning firearms.

I dont think they could even do that. Open carry is huge for the true believers

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I don't buy this as an excuse to ignore pushing for reasonable gun legislation.

It isn't an excuse, but you're more likely to address root causes of crime(not that I bet that'll happen either) than to get some sort of success running head first into the 2nd Amendment and a judiciary that is rather favorable towards it.

It isn't a coincidence that the left got really big about blaming everything on guns when they sold out the poor and middle class amd helped turn income inequality up to 11.

Proud Christian Mom fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Oct 6, 2017

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

You're crazy if you think that any significant challenge to entrenched wealth and income inequalities wouldn't be fought tooth and nail by the oligarchy that benefits from them. The support for cultural nonsense like banning abortions or clinging to guns is a joke compared to the money and political influence that would be brought to bear against any policy has a chance to make the US a more egalitarian place.

Its almost like I covered that in my post.

Lets make this simple:

The Republicans have more chance of passing an Amendment that requires all white born children to be issued an AR-15 than Democrats are to getting any meaningful gun control passed that won't be struck down 5-4(at best) by the SCOTUS.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Victor Vermis posted:

Non-compliant people who act irrationally are always right.

Yes, actually.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Yeah, and that's the part I disagree with. Substantial gun control is much closer to the realm of political possibility than any sort of significant redistributive economic reforms.

In a 5 to 4 decission the Supreme Court overturned...

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Cops kill about 1,000 people per year, while under 100 of them are killed. Hypothetically, if a change in ROE resulted in a few more dead cops but knocked 10% off the number of people they kill, would that be worth it? What about 20%? Because it certainly seems like right now they can make choices that will almost certainly result in someone being killed if there's even the slightest possibility their life might be in danger. And beyond all of the bodies, this undermines their ability to build a rapport with the people they are policing.

Like 40% of all on-duty deaths are traffic related, too.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
the obvious solution is steps that look at reducing crime itself, but that involves addressing our massive systemic issues concerning race, income inequality and the justice system and lol there aren't 10 votes in the Senate for that.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
*police seize weapons illegally and murder people during a disaster*

"guys there's nothing wrong here"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
since we cant go back we should go forward.

mandatory firearms and training for minorities

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Here's how voter ID works.

"Hey you need one of these IDs to vote"
6 months later
"We're closing a bunch of the offices you can get IDs at, specifically in these largely poor and minority areas"

Like, that's actually what Alabama tried to do.

Texas is already being a little more subtle. The two DPS offices we had for ~350K people were consolidated into one office that is equally inconvenient for everyone now. It's also somewhere public transportation doesn't go

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
North Carolina legislature had a study on "how do minorities vote" and then started restricting based on that

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

oh my god, the bigotry is coming from inside the thread :monocle:

Why do you hate our heroes

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

DoktorLoken posted:

That's not dumb, the message is chilling and terrifying. It almost sounds like the NRA is calling for violence.

Lol the NRA is whistling as hard as they can

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
recruitment isnt going to fix this unless you're going to shoot every cop into the sun, hire good people, take all the military toys away and say "We're never going to do that again"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
it really isnt a mystery as to why we're so lovely at COIN when we can't even get our own police forces to not be roving death squads

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
tfw you find out it isn't extremely normal at all to murder people you might feel vaguely threatened by

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
They'll just shoot first then fire off a few rounds from a drop piece

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Hell "reaching for the beltline" would be an upgrade over what we have now

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
If cops just want to get home safe every night maybe they should go do something else then hope with the rest of us that some murderous lunatic doesn't come across their path.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
There is no meaningful gun control measure that could pass and not instantly die at SCOTUS so we're much better off trying to ameliorate the circumstances that lead to crime, like poverty. Unfortunately this means kicking Wall Street and the rich squarely in the nuts so that isn't happening either. As it stands now the Democrat platform of gun control is just sleight of hand for their minority voters to avoid addressing the fact that Democrat policies have turned their communities into crime riddled shitholes as much as Republican ones.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Yes, if we create a bunch of ridiculous contortions based on obsolete documents, it will indeed be impossible to pass meaningful gun control regulation. Or we could we could not try to force a modern legal system through the lens of ambiguous 250 year old statements, stop fetishizing the people who wrote them, and join the rest of the developed world by passing provably effective gun control measures.

The literal foundation of this country is built upon it and its not going away anytime soon so again try doing something that might actually make a difference.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Wait, what? The Republicans are putting all of their energy into kicking the legs out from under the working poor while dismantling social support structures, but both parties are the same somehow. Is this the part where you tell us that helping poor people makes them dependent and they need to get pulling on their bootstraps instead?

Bill Clinton had no problem doing the GOP's dirty work in "welfare reform" and an entire blue government under Obama did gently caress all to change any of it. Nevermind their brazen defense of the same people who've been loving the poor forever: the rich.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
its an access issue and a cultural issue. i doubt we'll fix either.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
the inescapable conclusions are that we both have too many guns and are mentally incapable of responsibly owning and using guns

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I think Kasich is still a pretty good VP pick in a world where the GOP didn't elect Donald J Trump

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
nm the mental illness issue is with people who think theyre going to be watering the tree of liberty any time soon

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I haven't shot in years and living in Texas I have no desire to associate myself with gun owners. I think I last renewed my range membership around 2011-2012 and the crowd was sketchy as hell and racist as gently caress. I don't imagine it is any better.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
He's toxic as hell and no one wants to be on a losing team that racks up plea deals at best

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Steezo posted:

The second amendment has never been about sport, it's always been about a check on government monopoly on violence.

That ship sailed long ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Steezo posted:

No it hasn't. Do you want me to start quoting the Supreme Court as to why you're wrong? Ever read the remarks on Heller vs DC or McDonald vs Chicago? Because those two are recent. Or do you want me going further back, to when predominately black churches had armed security because of a KKK bombing and terror campaign?

Shall Not Be Infringed. Real simple language. Kinda like Congress Shall Make No Law...

let me know when you're ready to start shooting police ok

• Locked thread