Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Reverand maynard posted:

Hillary as president would have been four years of Republicans passing things like hearing protection act and her being dumb enough to veto it. The current events thread would be completely unbearable. Gun control chat 24/7 with bi weekly bans getting tossed around.

Pretty much, but now the HPA is already getting pushback from an unexpected source:

http://www.outdoorlife.com/gun-news-law-enforcement-coalition-joins-gun-control-group-to-lobby-against-reciprocity-hearing

gently caress you cops, tinnitus is bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

To the average person, sorta. :v:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

M_Gargantua posted:

Suppressors are something law abiding citizens should be able to buy and register. Register is kinda key there, because it allows tracking on the back end in case other events go south and you need to investigate. A terrorist group competent enough to conduct "a sustained sniper terror" campaign can easily source suppressors already.

So treat that poo poo like a regular firearm instead of an NFA item like the HPA wants to do :shrug:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

M_Gargantua posted:

The HPA removes suppressors from the NFA

And makes them equally regulated like regular 'ol firearms, yeah? Not like I can pop into the hardware store and just buy one without a NICS check and poo poo.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Woof Blitzer posted:

Maybe yall should stop cooking up wild theoretical situations to justify something. The biggest threat is always going to be a concealable small caliber pistol

Which were on the NFA until a lot of people realized that the privilege tax to own their preferred defensive firearm was the same as $$$New Car$$$.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Its funny you say this since armed minorities demonstrating is the last great boogeyman out there that might budge the GOP on gun control. Even then, I'm not entirely sure. A black dude gunned down a bunch of cops in Dallas and they just kinda shrugged.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Mulford Act on a national level brought back if there were enough of the Wrong People owning firearms.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

vains posted:

im like 99% certain that you cant legally buy a gun in state 'a' if you're not a resident of state 'a' unless the weapon is shipped to an ffl in the state where you are a resident. once the gun arrives in whatever state you're a resident of, it is still subject to the laws of that state.

This was my understanding when I looked into it, yeah. You see a gun you want to buy in a shop you don't live in. You ask the dealer if they are willing to do an out of state transfer for you.

No -> You go home and find it there, maybe.

Yes -> They then contact an FFL in your state that will accept out of state transfers.

No -> See above

Yes -> You buy the gun there, it is shipped to your dealer back home. Return home, fill out 4473, pass NICS check, do whatever extra local tasks you may have, take possession.

At least that was the takeaway I got from it. Some dealers, while not legally barred from it, refuse to do out of state transfers due to the extra work involved or if they just don't feel comfortable with it. Some also won't take a gun from COMMIE STATES GRR NO PINKO SALES IN MY FREE ZONES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

DoktorLoken posted:

Didn't Canada scrap their registry because it was worthless? Also didn't California institute a registry before enacting actual bans on certain weapons? It makes for a valid slippery slope argument among gun owners.

Yeah Canada tossed their registry a few years back and outright said it didn't solve poo poo and was costing more than it was saving.

• Locked thread