Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Neurosis posted:

yeah there are stories about jesus raping a 17 year old whose parents he just killed and also i remember the bit where he married a primary school aged girl and also where he had a harem of sex slaves.

islam is not the loving same as other religions and it's ridiculous equivocation to pretend it is. sure, the old testament is arguably on a par, but as far as christians go the new covenant allows a lot of that to be turfed out, and as far as jews go the text doesn't command forceful conversion and holy war, nor the application of holy laws to gentiles. 'all religion is about people exerting power and all religions are the same' is weaselly equivocation to avoid the discomfort of having to condemn a particular group.

On the other hand, terrorists make up a ridiculously small percentage of islamic people but christianity has the crusades and also they cover up kiddie diddling carried out by the clergy. Christianity is responsible for discrimination in the US every day and it goes into law by punishing people for abortions, being gay, or really anything that some legislator thinks is icky. Christianity is responsible for tons of violence and death and if you don't recognize that you're dumb as hell. You're making the argument that "islam preaches X and obviously muslims all agree with killing" but "christianity, eh, look man it's all muddled up and most christians don't really follow everything in the book" which makes you a huge dipshit with double standards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Secular Humanist posted:

bahahah this is so insanely hilariously distorted and wrong.

"problem A? well, problem B, also, so.... you're a racist."

Nah, islam is also bad. You can go back and forth all day trying to say one religion did A but the other did B and at the end of the day you're comparing two incredibly horrible things trying to say the other is worse. gently caress em both. Saying "oh islam ISNT THE SAME" is stupid as hell because saying their bullshit isn't carried out in the same way misses the point. The point is that they're both incredibly oppressive and amount to a world of suffering for no good reason. I don't care that one is responsible for 100 millions deaths and the other one is responsible for 200 million deaths. Both options are bad and you're wrong for defending either one.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Pawl posted:

Muslim nations have committed genocide on the same scale as the holocaust and still practice slavery and treat women as literal subhumans and throw gay people off buildings for the crime of existing and execute people that defect from their religion and cause terrorist attacks all across the world almost on a daily basis but it's okay because ~the crusades~

Do you think that Christianity has not carried out efforts for genocide in the past 20 years

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

*Defends christianity by saying islam is worse*
*Says that people who are condemning christianity are defending islam*

Well at least you're consistently dumb

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

really the best part of this slapfight is how neither side has anything even approaching a realistic solution

Global genocide of all peoples

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

The GBS concern death spiral strikes again

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

OctaviusBeaver posted:

I think putting suicide bombers in prison is a complete waste of time

Maybe the sentence for plotting to be a suicide bomber should be death by explosion in a sealed room

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

the trump tutelage posted:

Are you saying we should arrest black criminals less or white criminals more?

This is probably phrased too broadly, like saying you're for "small government" or against "big business" or some poo poo

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

I mean, the source of all problems is clear. We just have to put all straight white men into the ovens.
I don't know why you're even discussing this, it seems to be clear as day to me.

Put all straight white men on a chain gang and use that string of oppression like a giant bola by launching it from a trebuchet. Use that weapon against muslim territories to scare insurgents with incoming screaming followed by a cool splat sound and blood skids followed by massive explosions from the bombs we strapped them down with. You wanna suicide bomb us motherfuckers? We go big in the US

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

White people truly are the most fragile beings

Meanwhile black don't crack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

"God is great" needs to be updated for the modern era with "god fukken owns"