Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

two things:

1) does this mean mbop doesn't get huge PSG wages this year and has to wait til next year instead?
2) will do all the lols if it turns out hes poo poo and psg decide not to buy him at the end of the loan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Scientastic posted:

What? They're not rolling windows?! That is monumentally stupid

they are rolling windows, the "coefficient" or whatever is taken from the previous 3 seasons' average

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Libertine posted:

Have PSG broken any of the existing rules in the moves that they have made (specifically with regards to Neymar and Mbappé obviously)?

Googling and reading an article about it seems to indicate that they haven't currently broken FFP with Neymar's deal, but have to generate a certain amount of revenue going forward that exceeds the ratio of salary to not cross into a threshold of breaking those rules, and then add the enormous amount of Mbappé on top of that would make it even more likely that they break that mark. Is that correct?

I feel like PSG ownership must have contract law people who know this stuff and have sorted out the details so I assume it's within the very faint ethical bounds of FIFA. It just seemed like all the other major clubs in the world were completely floored by the way PSG dominated the market.

pretty poo poo article,

quote:

In short [lol they made 1 point], signing Neymar makes both sporting and financial sense for PSG's wealthy Qatari owners.

There is can be no way that shirt sales and merchandising will come close to making up for Neymar's fee and salary. There was an article in the Mail about it during the transfer crap saying that they'll get about 10% of shirt sales which might amount to up to 10m.

More likely is that Qatar will just sponsor their own interest again like they did with the shirt sponsor, which is now worth something mental like 200m a year

by comparison, when PSG got that deal off Qatar, Lyon was getting 5m off theirs

etc etc gently caress qatar

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Why the hell has no one been in for Draxler since he's basically a bench warmer for PSG now?

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

sassassin posted:

Trippier whipping balls onto Llorente's noggin will be a potent combination in the Europa league.

lol but also

:thunk:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

T Bowl posted:

Why the hell has no one been in for Draxler since he's basically a bench warmer for PSG now?

His wages are likely to be incredible

e: he is supposedly on €100k a week at the moment which isn't too bad in this day and age

Sneaks McDevious fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 31, 2017

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Weaponized Cum posted:

proven goalscorer to Spurs is a done deal

Legit quality signing that. He wins everything in the air

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Legit quality signing that. He wins everything in the air

lol

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Weaponized Cum posted:

did he blackface his hands?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Ungratek posted:

did he blackface his hands?

:vince:

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Weaponized Cum posted:

p.dece signing that

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/903307511272529920

:negative:

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

West007 posted:

How is going to PSG good for mbop? He is young and needs playing time and I think he will get less in PSG than monaco.

You are retarded lol, yeah they're gonna bench the second highest transfer in history

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Just take the money you retards.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Weaponized Cum posted:

I'd love this transfer but it'd make me do a million lols if it turns out all the media chatter is based on this obvious Photoshop.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I just realized I got duped and that the picture is from Sissoko or some poo poo. Amazing.

there he is

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Turkish media going mental over Ryan Babel going to Newcastle lmao

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

And Lemar just scored.

EvilHawk posted:

lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

EvilHawk posted:

local journo's have nothing.

also lol

https://twitter.com/bigchrisholt/st...ne-day-13549627

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

the time Ryan Babel trolled some random dude wearing a Babel Netherlands jersey remains one of my favorite football-related stories ever

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

poo poo end to a transfer window this

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

somebody start sending faxes or whatever

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
benitez not quitting will make it a good transfer window

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
So Wenger wanted to buy Draxler before but now he doesn't? Why didn't he sell Sanchez and get Draxler for probably less cost and at 23 five years younger than Sanchez. Young, Spry, World Beater, Germany International, Boy Face (the way Wengy likes it) Julian Draxler?

Not even as a second choice to Lemar?

Farcenal Fail Club

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Hoping that they sell Sanchez and not replace him with anyone so they can claim the trophy:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Lemars really rubbing it in Wengers face tonight lmao

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!

kcer posted:

pretty poo poo article,

There is can be no way that shirt sales and merchandising will come close to making up for Neymar's fee and salary. There was an article in the Mail about it during the transfer crap saying that they'll get about 10% of shirt sales which might amount to up to 10m.

More likely is that Qatar will just sponsor their own interest again like they did with the shirt sponsor, which is now worth something mental like 200m a year

by comparison, when PSG got that deal off Qatar, Lyon was getting 5m off theirs

etc etc gently caress qatar

well, FFP rules say: "If a club's owner injects money into the club through a sponsorship deal with a company to which he is related, then UEFA's competent bodies will investigate and, if necessary, adapt the calculations of the break-even result for the sponsorship revenues to the level which is appropriate ('fair value') according to market prices."

I don't think anybody cares though

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Laughing at Arsenal is fun, but my brother is an Everton fan, and he's bitching that they've had 9 months to line up a replacement for Lukaku, and after selling him early in the window failed to sign one

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

NTRabbit posted:

Laughing at Arsenal is fun, but my brother is an Everton fan, and he's bitching that they've had 9 months to line up a replacement for Lukaku, and after selling him early in the window failed to sign one

Rumour there was Diego Costa on loan till January.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

NTRabbit posted:

They got that kid from Hadjuk Split.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

loving hell

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

T Bowl posted:

So Wenger wanted to buy Draxler before but now he doesn't? Why didn't he sell Sanchez and get Draxler for probably less cost and at 23 five years younger than Sanchez. Young, Spry, World Beater, Germany International, Boy Face (the way Wengy likes it) Julian Draxler?

Not even as a second choice to Lemar?

Farcenal Fail Club

Have you considered the possibility that he may not want to sign for the aforementioned Farcenal Fail Club?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

wicka posted:

Have you considered the possibility that he may not want to sign for the aforementioned Farcenal Fail Club?

Maybe, but at least try goddamit, at least do that.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

What club will sanchez go to for free next year?

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009

Thirteenth Step posted:

What club will sanchez go to for free next year?

Probably a team who finishes top 4 at the end of the season so West Brom

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Lemar brace for France, ahahah.

:qq:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Arsenal dot jay peg

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Can a transfer go through whilst a player is literally on the pitch playing? They must have to sign something beforehand right?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Oh good. So he really only has eyes for VVD and there's no guarantee Soton will change their stance in January or next summer.

Chris Bascombe posted:

Klopp was frustrated with attempts to add Virgil van Dijk to his squad, as Southampton would not entertain negotiations.
Liverpool’s hopes of securing Van Dijk were effectively scuppered ­following the fallout of their initial attempts in June.
Club owners Fenway Sports Group assured the Southampton hierarchy they would not make any approach unless invited.
Rather than seek an alternative CB, Klopp sought to wait for the player he really wants and follow a long-term plan.
Liverpool are sure to revive their interest in Van Dijk in January, or even wait until next summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

quiet enjoyment posted:

Probably a team who finishes top 4 at the end of the season so West Brom

I'd be happy with this I guess

• Locked thread