Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

Monaco will absolutely not sell Lemar

Just like [club] would absolutely not sell [player] who they then sold a week later. Everyone has a price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jason Sextro posted:

And Monaco's are highly inflated.

Not saying Lemar isn't going but Monaco is likely asking for more than Arsenal's willing to pay

Maybe, but I don't think they'd still be negotiating if there was fully no chance.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Hefe became one with the Force after Hamilton lost to Rosberg. When Corbyn looks to the sky at night he sees Marx, Chavez, El Hefe.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Given his wage demands, no more than £50m. If Wenger bins off the Europa league completely, this will be the best chance Arsenal will ever have of winning the league (based on previous good showings from teams without European obligations).

50m in this market isn't going to come close to replacing Sanchez. And losing out on that transfer fee is more than worth it if he's the difference between 4th and 5th, which is very possible.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Ozil seems pretty likely to re-sign tbh

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I don't know that I've heard of a single club expressing serious interest in Ozil.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

No they couldn't, same as no English club could've bought Bonucci that cheaply. If a player is open to where they move then a club can drive up the price when English clubs express an interest, but if a player is good enough to say 'I'll only move to this club/country' then it limits their fee. If James or Bonucci had moved to England it would've been at least £60m each.

The exact reason Wenger would rather lose Alexis on a free next season is because clubs were trying to lowball him and in this ridiculous market there is no way he could buy anywhere near that quality. Almost makes sense, in an insane way.

It will probably take like 55m to get Lemar, and that's for a 21 year old who would still need to acclimate to the Premier League. And you've got clubs bidding 35m for Sanchez. It's bizarre.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

It's because Sanchez can leave for free in a year.

This makes sense when you're talking about a club like Bayern, who actually care about finances. Not when you're talking about PSG and City, for whom money is no object (obviously), and who desperately want to be winning the Champions League right now. For gently caress's sake, PSG is paying TWO HUNDRED MILLION for Neymar, they can't find 20m extra for Sanchez? Plus, it's not as if they wait a year and automatically get him. They're going to have to compete with many more clubs if there's no fee involved.

And hell, van Persie went for 25m in the last year of his contract five years ago. 35m for Sanchez is a joke, regardless of the situation.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Spurs are gonna be in a very similar situation to Arsenal after the Emirates was built, curious to see how that goes.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

PirateBob posted:

The Neymar transfer should have been blocked by the government or UEFA or FIFA.
Clearly its not financial fair play.

United are limited to the money earned for transfer budgets. And rightly so.
It's sickening that oil rich Arabs are allowed to spend such sums on football. Disgusting.

There's a loophole in the FFP regulations that allows anything that makes you laugh at Barcelona.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

curried lamb of God posted:

Ghezzal finally signed for Monaco, which hopefully means they can sell Lemar to Arsenal now

They will probably have to rejigger their formation quite a bit, they've brought in several new attackers but none are really directly Lemar replacements (assuming he does actually leave).

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ozmunkeh posted:

If Arsenal are willing to spunk £64 million on Ross Barkley

Are they?

E: ah, butts

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

tarbrush posted:

Nah, he's got the same issue Liverpool have, who would he buy for the money?

80m for Sanchez would've been great several weeks ago, when there was actually time to buy a replacement and fit them into the team. PSG waiting this long to make that bid (if they actually have, idk) is just dumb.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

chuggo is BACK posted:

wenger could buy pulisic and really solidify the unbearable american supporter base

This is the fate I deserve, isn't it?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Let's just keep the great American hope away from any leagues that include Stoke, thanks.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

So does he have the money?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

Doesn't seem that way.

Ah, that's a shame. Arsenal have a lot of poo poo players to get rid of but Perez is actually pretty good. Someone is going to buy him for like 10m and it's going to be a steal.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If Spurs become anything like 2006-2013 Arsenal, it's going to own.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Arsenal are supposedly interested in Luan, anyone familiar with him?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

vyelkin posted:

Also Klopp has apparently said Coutinho is not for sale at any price which makes sense since apparently Liverpool's targets are also not for sale at any price so why sell one of the club's best players when you don't need the money and you couldn't spend it anyway?

This market is bizarre. So much money and yet it's all pointless. I love it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jose posted:

i think forum posters should have a little more imagination wondering what good attacking player is available than just who barca/real madrid/bayern don't want

You're just asking for people to list their preferred FM/FIFA all-stars.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Raffles posted:

Because it's a ludicrous sum for a good not great player.

The argument of "oh well we don't have time to find a replacement" is ridiculous for a club that have a big scouting network.

Then move a decimal place over if it bothers you so much, it's not as if these values are inherently meaningful in any way.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Raffles posted:

then why oh why are liverpool fans saying its too low?

Because it is? It doesn't matter if it's £100m or 8 Schrute bucks, the market is what it is.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Raffles posted:

the numbers are completely meaningless and also here is 5000 words on why the meaningless number is too low

Is this a bit?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Personally I respect PSG and their oil money far more than Barcelona's accomplishments being in a league where it's literally impossible for them to finish below third. Isn't this the club that can rack up endless debt because it would be suicide for any Spanish bank to try to default on their loans? Or is that someone else? Regardless, I am glad PSG has granted us at least a temporary reprieve from the endless Barcelona circlejerk.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Haha fortunately Uefa are really strong on different teams owned by the same people playing in the Champions League

Oh...

Isn't Leipzig owned by a small group of Red Bull employees and not Red Bull directly?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MrBling posted:

Red Bull owns 99% of the shares but officially the club is run by a board of club members.

How do they get around the DFL's ownership rules? I thought that kinda thing wasn't allowed.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The Chels are supposedly interested in Oxcham, and Arsenal are supposedly refusing to sell. I'm a bit surprised more teams aren't in for him. He's not the greatest, but he's English and decent at a bunch of positions.

It's going to be fun to watch Arsenal try to replace 3 starting players in a world where every decent player costs more than £50m.

Wouldn't call Ox a starting player. He's nice to have but there's not really a spot for him if everyone is fit.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

He seems to have the right wingback position locked down recently.

Wow his hair has gotten a lot longer

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wengy was picking Ox over Bellerin after he switched to the 3-4-3.

True, it is still the 2016-17 season.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jason Sextro posted:

Krychowiak is trying to move to the EPL too, allegedly, so PSG's plan for the season is Neymar plus a depleted midfield

Weird, I haven't heard any Arsenal fans demanding his purchase. Is he not very good in FIFA?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bunch of reports out there saying Arsenal are selling Gabriel to Valencia, Valencia just posted this teaser video: https://twitter.com/valenciacf/status/897887619090186241

So yeah I guess that’s a thing.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Apparently it's a €10m fee? He's not good, but that seems really low for this market. I guess Wengy just can't clear out any of the other deadweight.

He's said before they have to sell players before they can bring in anyone new, and he gave an interview recently to L'Equipe where he pretty bluntly stated that they can't keep with the wage demands of some potential signings. So I imagine they jumped at the first opportunity to free up some of the wage budget. The fee isn't very high, but maybe Valencia was the first club to agree wages with one of Arsenal's fringe players? They're all making way more than they will anywhere else.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Right. I thought Gabriel would be kind of low on the list of bad overpaid players he was trying to sell, but here we are.

It's kind of a bummer, because while he's not a great player, he's certainly more valuable than the likes of Debuchy and Jenkinson. But I suppose that's why someone actually wanted to buy him.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Sign him up, Arsene.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gabriel to Valencia is a done deal: https://www.arsenal.com/news/gabriel-joins-valencia

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

T Bowl posted:

A shame Arsene can't get rid of Walcott because of his wages. If he could I'd say sell Sanchez to PSG, buy Draxler and try once more for Lemar. That would bring in new long term attackers while selling a player who won't resign and dead weight.

It's nice, dreams.

He's not trying to get rid of Walcott, nor is Walcott trying to leave.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

T Bowl posted:

No poo poo..... because Walcott is on 140k a week and plays like he should be making 40k.

He’s actually just not trying to sell him at all, for any reason.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

T Bowl posted:

Because he can't.

He wouldn’t if he could, because he doesn’t want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Vegetable posted:

It's nice that Arsenal is so poo poo now Barca doesn't even consider poaching its players

Counterpoint: Alex Song.

• Locked thread