Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
In transfer rumours no one cares about, according to our full of poo poo media, Szczesny is going to Napoli (possibly), Milan (lol), West Ham (lmao) and, real comedy option - Juventus. I love silly transfer season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Der Shovel posted:

I think he'll be great, but I really hope United have a solid plan beyond buying him, because god drat United need more than Griezmann to be good.

Aren't there rumours there is an offer out for Mmmmbop?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Shrapnig posted:

He doesn't want to play for Mourinho allegedly.

Allegedly. Zidane is his boyhood hero, but he's neither Spanish nor white. I can't see Florentino bringing him home.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Hegay posted:

The crazy part is one of those kits is the 12/13 kit lol

loving hell. We're really getting old. I still don't see him coming over to Madrid this summer. Not with Benzema still there. Unless they're definitely shipping out Morata, but even then, would the kid want to play second fiddle to that nonce?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Hegay posted:

This is retarded lol

Every election season is silly season. I have to agree though, this is retarded even by election standards.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

PirateBob posted:

Nice. :cool: He's not a bottler or a flat track bully though is he?

Morata has always been good. Certainly good enough to be starting for Madrid. Unfortunately too far down in the pecking order to get a chance. The only thing to worry about is the usual problem of continentals adapting to the English game. Spaniards are always hit and miss.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
He's going somewhere where the Spanish tax authorities won't have jurisdiction.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

sassassin posted:

Swansea have signed Barracuda Networks Inc. to be their official cloud-enabled security and data protection solutions partner.

PirateBob was right.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Ronaldo is pissed Madrid haven't properly backed him up. He was probably advised to throw a very public tantrum to get Florentino to cover whatever damages the tax authorities are going to levy on him. I don't think he's going to go anywhere.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Starsnostars posted:

Southampton have signed Jan Bednarek from Lech Poznan. I know nothing about him except that he's a defender and that I'm braced for countless people saying he's our van Dijk replacement.

He's the cornerstone of Lech's defense. Which doesn't really mean much, considering they have lost all three games against us this year. Solid potential, but far from a finished article. Bench and reserve material for now, imo.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I would have preferred Morata, but I do agree with the consensus that it's better to go with someone who already has a proven record in the PL.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Legia signed an Albanian I have never heard anything about, bringing our Albanian quota back to 1.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Who cares, wages and transfer fees have jumped the shark.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
What's going on with Szczęsny? Has he done a reverse Boniek yet?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

blue footed boobie posted:

Szczesney is apparently close to going to Juve. £10m. Arsenal loving suck at selling players.

lmao, I might have my issues with him, but he's reaching his prime and, bar something unexpected happening, he will take over from Buffon. Letting him go, let alone for the PL equivalent of peanuts, is something only a retarded Wenger is capable of, what a tool

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

PirateBob posted:

Why do Juve want that garbageman?

He's had a decent season at Roma, done well enough to reclaim #1 spot in the national team. I guess they're sure they can coach the remaining errors out of him before Buffon retires next year.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
An Italian garbageman who made an appearance for Juventus a decade ago to a team of garbagemen who lost to a newly promoted side in the first game of the new season is a done deal.

https://twitter.com/LegiaWarsawEN/status/887959035621900289

:toot:

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Is Abramovich ever going to go mental again, or is it just going to be United and City throwing stupid money at things from now on?

Doubtful. He's laundered all his money.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Without going into details, Sandecja are a joke, they're going straight back down, it's a perfect fit.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
You could probably buy the entire Ekstraklasa, both clubs and their players, for one Neymar.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

shut up blegum posted:

I wonder how Uefa/Fifa will react to the Neymar transfer. Obviously they can't stop that transfer or try to undo it, but surely they will implement some new rules to prevent stuff like that from happening again. The only question is, how do you stop that? Maybe a cap on the transfer sum for one player, or a max amount a club can spend in one transfer window would work? But that's probably also a lovely solution so I don't know, I just don't know.

They won't do anything, why would they? Europe, and France in particular, is a cesspool of corruption.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

pik_d posted:

Yeah but how much are Real Madrid going to have to pay to get him off PSG if they want him later on?

They're laundering money for the same people.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Hegay posted:

Madrid haven't spent big on a player since Bale anyways so there much be plenty of cash in the coffers. We're totally debt free as well

This. Perez has been unusually frugal, and has been quite responsible with Madrid's spending. Having a rock solid squad with almost all prospects coming into their own has probably helped this quite a bit.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

wicka posted:

Weird, I haven't heard any Arsenal fans demanding his purchase. Is he not very good in FIFA?

He is poo poo. Spent most of last season on the bench and then in reserves. He's so bad we dropped him from the national team.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Reprisal posted:

Krychowiak was a beast for Sevilla, hard to understand the degradation

His woman is to blame. He's spent more time buying clothes and playing a celebrity than focusing on his game. Tbh, I don't think he can recover from this. None of the teams he'd be interested in joining want him or are willing to match his wages. He'll probably sit out the rest of his contract and then fade away into obscurity.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

trem_two posted:

PSG are getting around the immediate FFP questions about the Mbappe transfer by taking him on loan with an obligation to buy next summer for €180m

The UEFA SuperLeague sponsored by blood money can't come soon enough

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

So PSG are loaning Mbappe for a season without an obligation to buy

Are Monaco retarded?

Yep, I'm sure there's no other deal that a Russian oligarch and Qatari reputable businessman can enter into that has nothing to do with football.

You people really amaze me sometimes.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Meat Wagon posted:

Krychowiak is going to go to west brom lol

There's some talk of this in our media, apparently it's the best offer that's on the table right now, and seeing how the entire country is ridiculing him for getting booted from the national team, he is a little desperate.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Krychowiak is undergoing a medical at West Brom, one year loan. I can only laugh at this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
gently caress's sake GD, close this dumpster fire

• Locked thread