Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Was 7/2 to sign for Swansea on loan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Libertine posted:

Sounds great but I doubt they will get any of them and then it will be some 31-yo dude no one's ever heard of with a fractured vertebrae on a free transfer coming in.

FTFY

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Good catch, cheers.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/27/paris-saint-germain-agree-deal-kylian-mbappe-monaco

quote:

Paris Saint-Germain have agreed a €155m (£143m) fee with Monaco for Kylian Mbappé and personal terms with the player, but have yet to convince Uefa that they will be able to comply with financial fair play rules if they sign the young Frenchman in the same window as paying €222m (£198m) for Neymar.

I bet it will be a hell of a convincing argument they have lined up. (and by argument I mean massive Qatari bribes disguised as developement grants and sponsorships)

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

UEFA is just angling for their share of the sand money

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Arsenal will panic on deadline day and bring Sagna back. He played centrally like twice, it’ll totally work!

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

firmino is sublime

DANNY!!!!!!!

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

this is NOT the MDT!!!!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I just want to get rid of Tomovic. Please.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

So what the hell is going on at Arsenal's back room that Mustafi would go out seeking a transfer after 12 months? I mean, the on field product is abysmal but it feels like there's more to it than that.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Akileese posted:

So what the hell is going on at Arsenal's back room that Mustafi would go out seeking a transfer after 12 months? I mean, the on field product is abysmal but it feels like there's more to it than that.

Supposedly he hates living in England, which is understandable. It's an awful place.

My theory on why they're willing to get rid of him is that there's just a ton of discontent in the team and they need to move some of the pissed off players out. The fact that this all seems to be coming to a head in late August is a joke, though.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
arsenal are known for getting their transfer dealings done early in the window

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Brony Car posted:

It might be a bit early to call this, but it looks more and more like Emre Can will run down his contract with Liverpool.

Vyelkin (or is it Cheese?) will be happy, but I will be very sad.

http://www.football-italia.net/108829/marotta-howedes-schick-and-can

There are also some little nuggets for the Serie A crew in that article too.
I don't HATE Can but I thought he was fairly mediocre last year. He felt a half step too slow in a lot of matches. This year he has looked quicker and more confident, although we haven't really played a side that has forced him to defend against top attacking players.

Improvement or not, it would be a disaster to let him go for free in an age when transfer fees are so insane. If he does go to Juve, he will be an absolute beast at Serie A pace.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

arsenal are known for getting their transfer dealings done early in the window

tbf they usually sell their players early and then wait until the season has started to replace them

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Akileese posted:

I mean, the on field product is abysmal but it feels like there's more to it than that.

Is there? Mustafi is mediocre and he always has been. He's the definition of "fine I guess". The dude should try to get in as many big transfers/pay days as possible before teams forget that he played for Germany's World Cup winning team. He's the German Zaccardo.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
I've seen enough clowncar Arsenal centre backs these last ten years that someone mediocre but competent is mana from the heavens.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
PSG are getting around the immediate FFP questions about the Mbappe transfer by taking him on loan with an obligation to buy next summer for €180m

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

trem_two posted:

PSG are getting around the immediate FFP questions about the Mbappe transfer by taking him on loan with an obligation to buy next summer for €180m

the system works

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Weren't Mustafi, Elneny, and Gabriel all signings based upon the stats company that Kroenke owns and gets paid several million pounds every year for 'service rendered'? I mean if Mustafi were to be sold, fine whatever Arsenal will be lucky to finish 10th at this rate. Maybe Mustafi sees the writing on the wall? gently caress who doesn't? This implosion is going to be awesome.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

trem_two posted:

The UEFA SuperLeague sponsored by blood money can't come soon enough

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
imo exile the top club from the Deloitte Money League every year until football is alive again

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
PSG are horrific. I bet this is the year they finally win the CL through the willpower and theatrics of Neymar.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Weren't Mustafi, Elneny, and Gabriel all signings based upon the stats company that Kroenke owns and gets paid several million pounds every year for 'service rendered'? I mean if Mustafi were to be sold, fine whatever Arsenal will be lucky to finish 10th at this rate. Maybe Mustafi sees the writing on the wall? gently caress who doesn't? This implosion is going to be awesome.

I feel like we have this conversation every year about Arsenal. If their version of a big implosion is just a couple of years outside the CL before a long overdue overhaul happens, then welcome to the roster of formerly relevant clubs with annoying fans.

Liverpool are still ruling this perch though, so know your drat role.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

blue footed boobie posted:

Supposedly he hates living in England, which is understandable. It's an awful place.

My theory on why they're willing to get rid of him is that there's just a ton of discontent in the team and they need to move some of the pissed off players out. The fact that this all seems to be coming to a head in late August is a joke, though.

I reckon he has criticised Wenger's defensive selection. Just a hunch, seems like they're so keen to get rid when they've been so pained to hold onto other players who want to leave.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
merge Arsenal and Bournemouth, Howe to manage, problem solved

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Reprisal posted:

merge Arsenal and Bournemouth, Howe to manage, problem solved

They can both go down at once?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sassassin posted:

They can both go down at once?

only if they finish in 69th place

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Who does Mbappe displace in PSG's lineup when they add him? God drat their team is stacked.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Libertine posted:

Who does Mbappe displace in PSG's lineup when they add him? God drat their team is stacked.

Di Maria probably. Can he play on the right wing?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Newcastle are about to finalize the de Jong sale and also Gayle could be leaving

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Gayle could be leaving

Why?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Rafa doesn't rate him as a PL striker apparently and wants the money for other recruits

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Pochettino expects a "minimum of three" more players to sign for Tottenham before the window closes.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Rafa doesn't rate him as a PL striker apparently and wants the money for other recruits

If that means Gayle doesn't get the chance to score against Liverpool this season I'm all for it

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

AJ_Impy posted:

Pochettino expects a "minimum of three" more players to sign for Tottenham before the window closes.

Why do they always wait so late to sign players?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Why do they always wait so late to sign players?

Levy brinkmanship.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Di Maria probably. Can he play on the right wing?

That's why there's rumors about Di Maria leaving.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Apparently we've submitted a bid for Lemar and we want to get it wrapped up today. He'd probably be a rotation choice rather than a replacement for Coutinho.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
So PSG are loaning Mbappe for a season without an obligation to buy

Are Monaco retarded?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

EvilHawk posted:

Apparently we've submitted a bid for Lemar and we want to get it wrapped up today. He'd probably be a rotation choice rather than a replacement for Coutinho.
Is he any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Monaco is gonna lose a lot of money if that's true.

• Locked thread