Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

blue footed boobie posted:

Same.

Also Arsenal are supposedly signing Henry Onyekuru, a 19 year old Nigerian striker who scored some goals for a team fighting relegation in the Belgian league.

As someone who watches the Belgian League: KAS Eupen, the team he's currently playing for, is linked to some academy in Qatar, the Aspire Academy. They stall a ton of players there and they're not all scrubs. Onyekuru scored 22 goals this season and Eupen wasn't really fighting relegation, they finished 13th.
I rate him, but I'm not sure he'll slot right into Arsenal, but we'll see I guess. He's only 19 too, so there's still a lot of progression there.

Akileese posted:

Yep. £6.8M. I believe he was actually the leading scorer. I've never seen him play and I doubt anyone else who says they rate him have but hopefully he's got some talent. I do wonder if he'll get a work permit though. From what I read I don't think he's been capped by Nigeria yet.
He good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
https://twitter.com/sportsupdatefbb/status/869850778097389568

This is apparently happening. Seems like a pretty weird choice tbh

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Some more news about Henry Onyekuru. Eupen have given Mogi Bayat (and well known agent in Belgium) an 'exclusive mandate' to negotiate with all interested parties about Onyekuru. So that Arsenal deal was probably bollocks.
Also he got his first cap for the Nigerian NT yesterday, so that probably helps with the work permit stuff? I don't know how that works, AFAIK we don't have rules like that in Belgium.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Would a broken ankle stop Madrid from buying Hazard?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BU9w5nhBqGH/

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

CyberPingu posted:

Zlatan is expected to be released by Utd.

Rumour is they bought Morata to replace him

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Simone Poodoin posted:

I'm reading that Kalinic is gonna be the 5th signing.

Also both that Gigio will renew or that he wont renew and that PSG will pay 40m for him

Are your talking about Lovre Kalinic? If so, don't buy him. He's very good and I'd like to keep him at my club tia

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Can someone tell me anything about Franko Andrijasevic? Afaik he's a Croatian lad who can kick a football?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

biglads posted:

He plays for HNK Rijeka who just did the double in Croatia (undefeated in the League AFAIK). I think that is the first time a team other than Hajduk Split or Dinamo Zagreb have won the Croat League since independence. Other than that I know gently caress all but I do have an HNK Rijeka polo shirt that I bought when flying out of Rijeka airport last September so that makes me an 'expert'.

(If he's about to sign cheapo for someone in the Juplier League, he may be an absolute steal depending on how you view the quality of the Belgian vs the Croatian league)

Supposedly my club just broke the club record fee to sign him ('only' 4-5 million tbh) so I'm curious. I have no idea about the difference in quality between the Croatian and Belgian league though, but I guess it'll be similar?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Reminder that Ever Banega:

(a) Ran himself over with his own car

(b) Was caught masturbating on a webcam

(c) Had his ferrari burst into flames while on his way to training

(d) Showed up to training drunk

(e) Rules.
(f) has a cool name that's fun to say out loud

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Apparently Leicester made a €21 million bid for Gent keeper Lovre Kalinic.
On one hand, he's a great keeper and I'd hate to see him leave, but on the other hand, we paid like €3 million 6 months ago...

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

elbkaida posted:

Is Schmeichel leaving or what?

I've read that United want him as a De Gea replacement. So maybe?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Rumour has it that United will hijack the "Lukaku back to Chelsea deal". £100 million for Romelu Lukaka, lmao

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

R. Mute posted:

He's worth more imo

I don't know. That's a lot of money. I'm a fan of Lukaku, but still, one hundred million pound :stonk:

Tbf, you could probably make a video like this of every football player, but

Thirteenth Step posted:

when your getting 20+ every season it doesnt really matter if you have the first touch of a rapist

i never noticed it when he was at the albion tbh

This is true. Nobody remembers first touches :shrug:

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Why does Lukaku want to play for Mourinho again?
And this is the biggest surprise. He's been a life long Chelsea fan, played there but didn't 'succeed' and now has the chance to go back there (now that he's really ready).
Why go back to Mourinho? And no CL football? That was also a big factor in wanting to leave Everton iirc.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

kcer posted:

Man U do have CL football, and also lots of money

Oh right, they won the EL. Totally forgot that.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Thomas Foket was close to sign for Atalanta but during the medical they discovered a problem with his heart and now he needs surgery. Can't play football for at least six months.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

julian assflange posted:

that Belgian kid who has been immediately loaned back is probably DOA (these deals never turn out good)

Who is this?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

MrBling posted:

he's actually Nigerian. Henry something.

Oh yeah, Henry Onyekuru.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

trem_two posted:

Dani Alves has apparently signed with PSG instead of Man City

This is a done deal.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Why do city want to get rid of him?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
There's rumours that Neymar has agreed to join PSG, who will pay his release clause of 222 million euros :psypop:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Lmao, that's amazing

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Also Skype/phone calls/emails are a thing these days

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Why do Chelsea players hurt their face so much?

Probably from training with this guy all the time:

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 24, 2017

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

sassassin posted:

Yup Reading academy.

Honestly even for £50m who could Swansea buy that would replace the set pieces that this garbage squad is going to rely on again?
Juninho

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Player age x 10.000.000,00 euro = an acceptable price to pay apparently.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

They're just getting to the point where they could just buy a new stadium.
Property prices in Monaco are insane, so I doubt this

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
https://twitter.com/TheFootballRep/status/889784195173711877

Hmmmmm

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Non footballing businesses pull poo poo like this all the time, for much bigger sums and nobody cares.
So basically:

Bape Culture posted:

Weird that we all live in a perpetually expanding financially divided hellhole that sucks the joy out of anything and everything for the sake of profit for dipshit crusty rear end paper tyrants and nobody is actually arsed lol

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

kcer posted:

dunno why FIFA and UEFA don't just step in and say that yeah you've managed to sneak around the laws, but the net effect is the same so sorry you're not doing it

fe: well I mean I'm wondering why they don't but I actually know it's because they're all corrupt cunts, but ykwim

Because they can't probably? A Qatari lawyer could just say: 'Show me where it says we can't do this?'.
Most Fifa/Uefa can do is change the rules to prevent poo poo like this happening in the future imo.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Supposedly Neymar missed training today and is saying goodbye to his teammates. It's happening.

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/892662670851223553

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Aug 2, 2017

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

ephex posted:

Neymar probably costs more than we paid for the Allianz Arena :newlol:

He has scored more goals than the Allianz Arena tbf

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Messi said goodbye to Neymar. We can almost bold the transfer.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXSt62SFYWj/

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I wonder how Uefa/Fifa will react to the Neymar transfer. Obviously they can't stop that transfer or try to undo it, but surely they will implement some new rules to prevent stuff like that from happening again. The only question is, how do you stop that? Maybe a cap on the transfer sum for one player, or a max amount a club can spend in one transfer window would work? But that's probably also a lovely solution so I don't know, I just don't know.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Johnny Lawrence posted:

So, apparently Cristiano Ronaldo is going to Monaco. It's the topic of the day on twitter. Someone, who knows somebody, who know a guy told someone on a Monaco forum. It will be announced after the Spain Supercup.

This long rear end story checks our

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

belgend posted:

Joske is a good egg and I'm glad he's got a good egg club to go to

I'm glad he's gone :twisted:.
Also, make a JPL thread, tia

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Lmao, this is a rollercoaster ride so far.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I'd rather not lose him but if we have to then pffffff gently caress this 100m nonsense, Barca's flush with cash, let's price them up.

Pretty sure that's exactly what you're doing, asking 100 million for Coutinho

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Came here to post this. Dortmund bought him for 15 million last year. Lmao

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lmao, Anderlecht just bought a new striker and he immediately posted this on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/RobertBeric/status/902242625020768256

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Bape Culture posted:

Lol wtf does this mean

Chairman didn't recognize Jovetic and was bragging that Marseille would sign Jovetic soon.
Jovetic then said: Uuuh, I don't think so m8

• Locked thread