Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Sad to hear that Ronaldo literally cannot set foot on Spanish soil ever again without being imprisoned for 90 years and is therefore an international fugitive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Manchester United will just mortgage the club, relocate it to the Cayman Islands, float it on the Shanghai Stock Exchange, and raise €1bn of debt-financed transfer capital no problem

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Hegay posted:

It's because Ronaldo sold his future image rights in 14 when the Beckham Law was about to be revoked and paid 24% on €153 million instead of 43%. Procestutors find the amount to be too high and as a way of not having to pay taxes on image rights in 2015-20

Seems like they have a point tbh, ronaldo probably shouldnt have dodged all that tax

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

This seems fine to me, it's gray as gently caress but it's not against the law

Actually dodging tax is bad and I'm glad Spain is cracking down on grey areas

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Blue Star Error posted:

Reminder that Man U held Ronald in literal slavery, hard to believe he'd want to go back to that.

Stockholm Syndrome

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Mean Machine 2 starring Cristiano Ronaldo

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I think it's cool and good that Dani Alves will play in the Premier League even if is for Bigtime Fraud Pep Guardiola

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Is his signing photo a selfie?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Akileese posted:

Every now and then he looks like he's progressing but then he picks up a knock and injury and goes out for 3 months. When he comes back he's poo poo again and the cycle repeats itself.

So you're saying he'll be a good player as soon as he leaves Arsenal?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sassassin posted:

Januzaj will never accomplish anything. He peaked when he took that girl to Nandos.

Januzaj peaked when FLJ made that post about "a Ronaldo or a Januzaj"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Fuchs

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Dieumerci (Mbokani)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

HD was a mistake

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Fabio Borini is 26 years old, ostensibly a striker, has spent the last six seasons playing in the Premier League and Serie A, and during that time has scored 24 league goals

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

tarbrush posted:

Apparently Liverpool are going to bid £70m for Naby Keita. Which, well, it's not my money, and he's supposedly really good, but is a lot of money.

I have no idea who this is so I'm going to assume he's the greatest player to ever set foot on a football pitch and therefore Liverpool will win the league

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Willy Caballero to Chelsea's bench is a done deal.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40466921

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

EvilHawk posted:

The Ox has rejected a final contract offer at Arsenal, and is apparently willing to run his contract down and leave for free next year.

I'd take him for £25m. He won't start every game but with domestic and European fixtures he could easily get 30 games, and can fill in a number of positions.

That's a hell of an Englishman tax for a player in the final year of his contract with injury problems who has never actually looked like a top top top player.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Didier Drogba

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
That being said I'm with Ninpo, I don't think it's a controversial opinion to expect a player to be better at 23 than at 16, especially after playing first-team football at the highest level for most of that time (and at two different clubs, both supposedly renowned for developing youth talent).

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TelekineticBear! posted:

you cant be including arsenal as a club that develops youth talent lol

I know that's why I said supposedly

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Milan have been killing it, it seems they swooped in for an out of favour Rodriguez and Calhanoglu, but maybe scouts of big clubs noticed something in those players that put em off? Obviously Calhanoglu is probably just untrustworthy but why did Rodriguez go for so cheap this window when he was so highly rated for a move to a big club before? One mediocre season shouldn't change the fact that he was expected to become a world class left back?

Yeah I'm really surprised by Rodriguez, going so cheap and so quickly when there's a serious lack of left backs on the market. Especially given how much his name was bandied about last summer as one of the few really good left backs out there who wasn't already at a club they'll never leave.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

FullLeatherJacket posted:

doesn't look that young tbh

i appreciate this joke

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

PirateBob posted:

Wait, there's a report saying that Everton just want Rooney on loan with Utd paying half of his wages. Cheeky bastards. In that case we'd only be saving £6.25m compared to having him on the bench all season. He's next to useless, but surely that's a bad deal for Utd.

So Everton want to pay half of Rooney's wages and in return Manchester United won't have him making GBS threads up the place if he gets on the pitch? How is that not a good deal for United?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

w00bi posted:

Never rated him to be honest.

woahbi

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Smeef posted:

It's America. You don't have to be loud at all, just black.

He probably actually turned it down every time

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

I'm sad we won't get to see Rooney act in any more Man U corporate partner ads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6MkmonoaSw

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

god drat

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I've now decided that Lukaku sucks and I hate him

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
50m for Kyle Walker would tie for most expensive defender ever with Luiz (though if you account for the value of the pound Luiz would stay more expensive I think)

it would make him the most expensive British player though, finally replacing Andy loving Carroll at the top of that prestigious list

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

kcer posted:

Carroll was knocked off the list a long time ago

Sterling, Stones, Bale, probably more

lol i forgot about all these people in my haste to remind people how dumb that transfer was

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
yeah why on earth are juventus selling bonucci??

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ninpo posted:

Spurs were looking like becoming regular top 4 and title contenders, why the gently caress are they flogging off the spine of the team?

e: Is it simply The Obvious Reason?

Guardian's take on it was that Trippier was already being preferred over Walker for big games at the end of the season, and that Poch is only being allowed to spend what he makes off player sales

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

No bet.

This was before getting around £70-75M for Bentaleb, Fazio and Walker.

im enjoying how bad arsenal are at selling players on this chart

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Emile Heskey is the 20th highest scorer in Premier League history

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Emile Heskey scored more Premier League goals than Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Didier Drogba, and Matt Le Tissier

(not combined)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

This is a sad day, Lucas owns. :(

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

blue footed boobie posted:

Madrid will have a bunch of money now, and James' wages off the books. Are they supposed to be making any moves?

They're making all the moves alongside the main character, Cristiano Ronaldo.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Whoever runs the Roma English twitter is good :discourse:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
somewhere brap is doing all the moves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I don't think Liverpool should sell Coutinho because as this transfer window has proven, teams don't always get the player they want even with bids of close to 100m, so there's no guarantee that we could actually replace him with someone as good, even with silly money. I don't think he's the best player in the world but that's got nothing to do with how much money he's worth.

Also to the person who said Liverpool wouldn't need to replace him because a midfield of Can/Henderson/Lallana would be just fine, lol just lol, Coutinho probably won us like 15 points singlehandedly last season by being the only player on the team who could make something out of nothing

• Locked thread