Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Some tasty transfers done already lads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Jose posted:

The chinese government have changed the rules there so that any club that doesn't turn a profit has to also pay 100% of the transfer fee towards local party members so they might not be spending massive money on players any more

They also changed rules with the U23 and foreign player rules so they deffo won't be increasing their spending imo

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

PirateBob posted:

Griezmann has reportedly put in a transfer request and has maybe agreed personal terms with Man Utd

Not sure he's worth £85m or how we're gonna use him but yay I guess :toot:

Griezmann is not better than Zlatan, so in the end Man Utd will be worse off than the start of this season with him, thanks.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

mackintosh posted:

Allegedly. Zidane is his boyhood hero, but he's neither Spanish nor white. I can't see Florentino bringing him home.

The crazy part is one of those kits is the 12/13 kit lol

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Ederson is really really loving good though.arguably the best young keeper in the world,along with oblak.curiously both are products from Benficas youth setup.

This is wrong. Donnarumma is better

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

More than 100 million euros for a kid who has really only played 1 season, gently caress off lol

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Hamez isn't even on the bench for tonights finale and he also clapped goodbye to Bernabeu, he's off for sure. Also why is clubs willing to throw more than €100 million for Mbappe but no rumours about Dybala

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Bale is cool and good but god drat he is injured all the time

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

fat greasy puto posted:

again, why would he leave real?

If the right offer comes in I think he'll leave. 17 injuries in the past 2 seasons, most of them in the same leg - we won't be able to build a future team around him. Also after 4 years he still doesn't speak the language - he had an interview with Cadena SER and it was real bad

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

PirateBob posted:

Rumors of a €135m bid from Real Madrid for Mmmbop.

One hundred and thirty five million. :staredog:

This is retarded lol

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

mackintosh posted:

Every election season is silly season. I have to agree though, this is retarded even by election standards.

Kid only has 2 seasons left in his contract as well, should just do some underhanded poo poo and pick him up cheaper next season, imo.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Morata is in no way an upgrade or even on par with Zlatan, so so far United are weaker than last season. Thanks for the €70m lol

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Reprisal posted:

Zlatan assembled the same "rip up the minnows and struggle against the best" performances last campaign that he'd produced for the last couple seasons at PSG. Ibra is (was) a good striker, but he was also 35, walking around the pitch and poaching goals, not commanding big games

His match winning goals came against the likes of Bournemouth, Swansea, Leicester, Blackburn, and St. Etienne. Ibra scored 17 league goals and missed 18 "big chances" according to premierleague.com. Romelu Lukaku scored 25 goals and missed 8 by comparison.

Manchester United would absolutely have put more points on the board had they started Rashford every game he was fit and brought Ibra on as a second option. Picking up Morata is great business for them.

This is insane lol

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Jose posted:

Ranieri was going to become Nantes manager but FFF rules don't allow clubs to hire managers who're 65+

Nantes got dispensation for this rule although it seems pretty strange to have that rule in the first place. Sounds like it would go against equal treatment

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

blue footed boobie posted:

lol Raiola is such a piece of poo poo.

Sure does some good work for his clients tho. Massive deals and most of the bitterness goes toward him instead of the player

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

So it seems every single newspaper is reporting the Ronaldo story and Jorge Mendes is apparently shopping around for a club for him. I don't even know what available players would be able to cover such a loss for Madrid

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

There really is no one player who doesn't play at Barcelona. You'll probably have to buy a more prolific striker and a winger who can score a buncha goals to get back to where you were.

Of course Ronald was getting old, and you would have had to do this in a year or two, anyway.

Actually, Madrid forums says Ronaldo is not good anyways and it will be no big loss at all.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Thirteenth Step posted:

apparently it's to do with the spanish tax man saying that they now have decided image rights are taxable and want the last 5 years worth.

I'd move too if the tax man bummed me for that much money

It's because Ronaldo sold his future image rights in 14 when the Beckham Law was about to be revoked and paid 24% on €153 million instead of 43%. Procestutors find the amount to be too high and as a way of not having to pay taxes on image rights in 2015-20

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Imagine paying full taxes lol

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Funny how several Gestifute clients have had tax troubles. Maybe Mendes is not a cool rear end guy? Falcao blamed everything on Mendes so he has to go to court in ten days time. Pretty hard not to see a pattern when Mourinho, Cristiano, Falcao, Coentrao, Carvalho and Di Maria all had problems with the tax man.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

track day bro! posted:

Who will sign Fantastic Arsenal Prospect YaYa Sanogo?

Boro

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

Veloce E'Buono strikes again

Lol

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm having a hard time believe that this Milan money is real. I'm waiting for something to really fall apart. I have a feeling that selling Bacca and Donnarumma was probably supposed to cover a lot of this and it's looking increasingly likely that at least one of them will stay.

If Donnarumma doesn't renew this week though, I feel like the club should sell him immediately. I'm surprised there has been this much patience with him and that fat oval office Raiola so far to be honest. Big Silvio would've thrown him out at the first chance and then signed 15 garbagemen from Genoa and Joe Hart.

If that leaked Milan business plan is true it all seems pretty drat shady

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

He's only scored 20+ in the league once (but then tbf rooney's only done it twice) but he'd still be a big upgrade

Massive upgrade? After all this transfer is gonna be a replacement for Ibra

Griezmann, Lukaku, Morata etc are all great players and Man Utd would defo have been stronger with either of them if Ibra hadn't gotten injured and would have stayed with Man Utd, but neither of those players offer much more than Ibra did last season

Hegay fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jul 7, 2017

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

What a shame that Everton is buying back Rooney for nostalgic purposes. He'll deffo be on massive wages

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Bape Culture posted:

Pogba cost about 400m iirc

this checks out

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

PirateBob posted:

Yeah this sounds totally legit. "For tax purposes". Okay.

It makes pretty good sense tho, not sure why you wouldn't believe it?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Dunban posted:

https://fcbayern.com/de/news/2017/07/presseerklaerung-fc-bayern-verpflichtet-james-rodriguez?shortURL=JmsRdrgz

Bayern have loaned Hamish Rodriguez from Real for 2 years with an option to buy him afterwards

Hm, with a loan we still retain the image rights I think? Might be why the club accepted such a low offer.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Healbot posted:

They want him gone to make way for Mbappe.

Yeah but a loan doesn't make sense unless the club retains image rights in a world cup period, iirc he brings in the second most after Ronaldo

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

All this AC Milan activity seems a bit suspect. Hopefully it's not just Chinese fantasy money backed by high interest loan

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2017/07/official-announcement-dani-ceballos

Dani Ceballos is a done deal. Vallejo, Theo Hernandez and Ceballos, insanely good transfer moves from the Whites

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Xabi posted:

Anyone who chooses to move from Torino to Milano is obviously a mentalist.

This is a wrong opinion. Milano is a pretty drat cool town.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Post your favorite transfer sagas. Here are my best transfer sagas:

1. Odemwengie in QPR's parking lot
2. The babelcopter
3. Some club expecting to sign Berbatov and finding out that the transfer was off when his plane landed and he wasn't on it.
4. £40,000,001
5. De Gea and the fax machine

We've had a few ones this season already; Donnarammamauma, Arsenal sending a letter to Barcelona, Southampton and Liverpool, Dani Alves going to PSG instead of City, Diego Costa text message

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Chelsea hijacking the Willian transfer from Tottenham

Chelsea, Man Utd and Mikel

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Sad about losing Morata

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

straight up brolic posted:

They already bought Theo, Ceballos, and Vinicius for like 80m, so they now are balls deep at every position except forward so they'll probably buy Mbappe

Don't forget about getting Vallejo and Llorrente back, insanely good

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Already 100% certain but Bonucci to AC Milan is a done deal

https://mobile.twitter.com/acmilan/status/888006243771666432

Same day as Juventus announced signing De Siglio, so he was probably a part of the deal lol

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Apparently Neymar to PSG is almost done, Le Parisien usually knows their stuff

If true, who could replace him? Dybala?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Danilo to Man City for €30m should be announced today according to AS and Marca.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Why would Barca be in for Coutinho if Neymar leaves? lol

• Locked thread