Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Coutinho was only mentioned because Neymar Sr wanted more brazilians at Barcelona because Neymar is a bitch boy, it's not going to happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

In this market, it seems really good and cool that we let James go on a 2 year loan for €10m and a super low option to buy

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Danilo is poo poo and I'm happy that Madrid is getting rid of him

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Bape Culture posted:

35m is a pathetic offer for Alexis imo

He's on last year of contract tho and able to negotiate directly with teams from January

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Lot 49 posted:

That's the kid Madrid spent the best part of £40m on after he played 1 game.

and he hasn't played in the past few games haha real good purchase for sure

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/first-team-news/2017/july/danilo-joins-manchester-city

Danilo to Man City is a done deal. Can't believe we got money for him haha

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Eau de MacGowan posted:

is he half a kyle walker

I hate him and I'm insanely glad we're rid of him haha, looked like a headless chicken most of the time. No defensive skill. Perfect for Pep

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Zinedine Zidane posted:

At the moment, we are missing a striker

[Asked about Mbappe]
We always try to improve, the player is good and interests many clubs, but now I'm thinking about tomorrow's game

HMMM

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/news/2017-2018/comunicat-fc-barcelona-neymar-jr

Seems like the saga is about to end

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

blue footed boobie posted:

Qatar is fronting the money to Neymar on the pretense of making him an "ambassador" for the World Cup . He'll get taxed, but Qatar is giving him more than the release clause, and I assume he'll get as much as the release clause or more after taxes are taken out.

It's not a release clause though, it's a buy-out of his current contract. The player has to deposit the money to La Liga iirc. Buy-outs were pretty unrealistically until recently tho because the money paid from a club to a player was seen as personal income and taxed at around 40%. A new ruling in October 2016 changed this and I think that's probably why Neymars buyout is "only" €222m as a club would have had to fork out like €320m to Neymar to account for the additional taxes.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Breaking News: La Liga has rejected an attempt by lawyers for Barcelona forward Neymar to pay his buyout clause of 222m euros (£198m). Spanish media say La Liga officials believe PSG are violating Uefa's Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules.

This hissy fit from Barcelona and La Liga is hilarious :munch:

Lol this is absolute bullshit from La Liga. It's essentially a Spanish employee presenting them with the money that enables him to buy himself out of his contract per Spanish law and as stipulated in his contract so how the gently caress can La Liga just ignore that. It's not like La Liga is part of the Spanish judiciary system, it's not even the Spanish FA. How Neymar got the money is something for UEFA and probably CAS to decide whether is legal or not.

Hegay fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Aug 3, 2017

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I hope Neymar Snr pockets the money and Neymar just shows up to training where he gets promptly killed by ISIS

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Akileese posted:

Isn't that sorta not how this works? My understanding was the payment has to be to La Liga for contract termination, not the club. I see this from Barcelona's side though. They just want to get paid and get this poo poo over with so they can bring someone else in.

Tebas masterplan is to stall this so Barcelona can't get any new players before it's too late

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Neymar is a free agent

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Woodenlung posted:

That new avatar name combination, that Neymar got on Steam.

Lol, good lad

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Why the gently caress would Liverpool not sell Coutinho for loving €120m, he's worth like a third of that. Serious posting, but Seri and Lemar would both be like €90m combined and Liverpool would end up with a better team and more money in the bank???

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Brony Car posted:

Will Monaco sell?

Liverpool has been offering to throw money around but no one seems to want to sell. Maybe that's a failure on Liverpool's recruitment setup but that's how it seems to be unfolding right now.

Also, Barca haven't broken anything close to the €100m barrier yet. They turned Coutinho's head and got him to put in the transfer request to make him available and drive the price down.

You could also ask why Dortmund haven't sold Dembele yet either, but the fees people keep mentioning haven't actually been formally offered yet.

Seri has a release clause of €40m according to Nice president

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Legit happy Mbappe is going to PSG instead of us paying loving €180m for a kid who played half a good season.

Rather let PSG develop him for like 2-3 years and see if he really does turn out to be world class.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

pik_d posted:

Yeah but how much are Real Madrid going to have to pay to get him off PSG if they want him later on?

Madrid haven't spent big on a player since Bale anyways so there much be plenty of cash in the coffers. We're totally debt free as well

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Walh Hara posted:

Why does nobody want Mahrez? If Liverpool do end up selling Coutinho for 100 mil they could use a part of that to get him and still have enough left for Lemar or something.

Roma has been bidding on him all season

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Brony Car posted:

Liverpool seem to be linked with Jean Seri now:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/14/liverpool-jean-seri-nice-midfielder

He has chilblains, though, which makes it sound like English weather might be really bad for him.

They read my cool and good posts

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Lol like Lemar would fix any of Arsenal problems. They need like what? 4 new players? Their squad depth look thin and fail overall. They should have gone for Fabinho instead

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

rex rabidorum vires posted:

They need a new manager and some non-fail midfielders tbh.

Wenger out.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

And what, 6 of them are first team quality? You could have 80 players but if they're all poo poo it doesn't matter

And you know 3 of their players are going to be injured at all times, because Arsenal. Sanchez leaves and they look like a mid table team

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Wenger has lost the plot. He has always been bad on the transfer market but it's getting ridiculous. He should have gone to PSG instead of ruining the last shreds of his legacy

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

blue footed boobie posted:

I honestly don't think Arsenal's squad is that bad on paper. The problem is more the manager and the fact that everyone wants to leave. A Good Manager, a competent central midfielder, and now a right back I guess would actually result in a somewhat competitive team imo.

It's worse on paper than any of the clubs Arsenal pretends to compete against

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

One year loan with option to buy, option not obligation because you have to write obligations off now, but with option they can wait till next season

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

PSG spending £300m on two players, not even accounting for their wages. loving hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

West007 posted:

How is going to PSG good for mbop? He is young and needs playing time and I think he will get less in PSG than monaco.

You are retarded lol, yeah they're gonna bench the second highest transfer in history

• Locked thread