Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

CyberPingu posted:

They probably think they are buying Gibbs

lmao that was a dark day for the PL for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
I'd like Spurs to maybe do something instead of panic buying another Sissoko on deadline day.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

sassassin posted:

Trippier is twice the footballer Walker is he just can't run as far and fast.

Yeah, the second Trippier came good with his conditioning last year Kyle Walker's walking papers were drafted.

50 million for a pacey defender with a questionable football brain is insane. He won't get any better.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

blue footed boobie posted:

Post your favorite transfer sagas. Here are my best transfer sagas:

1. Odemwengie in QPR's parking lot
2. The babelcopter
3. Some club expecting to sign Berbatov and finding out that the transfer was off when his plane landed and he wasn't on it.
4. £40,000,001
5. De Gea and the fax machine

'arry

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

lol I thought he'd been gone for at least 2 years

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

PirateBob posted:

Where are we supposed to discuss the pre season games?

After watching 45 minutes of Lukaku against LA Galaxy I'm ready to conclude that we have bought the new £90m Emile Heskey. :eng99:

lol

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Spurs should probably sign someone ffs

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

wooger posted:

I understand that their problem is wages. All their current stars are still on their cheap, junior player wages. If they get a new signing on big wages, they'll revolt and the club will be bust, or forced to sell loads of them.

Their player wage bill is laughably low right now compared to any other club in the top 5.

That's a goddamn absurd reason not to improve the squad when all the other contenders are dropping obscene sums of money.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MrBling posted:

It isn't even about improving the first team, its more about providing some cover/rotation. Someone that can cover for Dembele when he inevitably gets injured would be nice. Before the market went insane that would probably have been Ross Barkley but now I don't even know.

Maybe whoever is in charge of scouting can find another Dele Alli down in the leagues.

Yeah that's the real thing of it. We're one or two injuries at the back away from inexperienced youth in the starting 11. That's not great for a full league campaign plus domestic cups plus champions league.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

wicka posted:

If Spurs become anything like 2006-2013 Arsenal, it's going to own.

It will not imo

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

My favorite part of the Coutinho "saga" is that it doesn't matter how much Barca pay because no one will sell anyone good to Liverpool at decent prices.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

I'd fancy Mahrez at Spurs. He'd be a good substitute for Lamela.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Brony Car posted:

Is Lamela still injured? Did he play any of the summer friendlies?

He's slowly coming back to training but afaik he isn't doing a full session. Last I heard his target return is sometime in early October.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

I love deadline day

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

jfc who gives a poo poo about noted fail club arsenal

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

sassassin posted:

Trippier whipping balls onto Llorente's noggin will be a potent combination in the Europa league.

lol but also

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Weaponized Cum posted:

proven goalscorer to Spurs is a done deal

I'd love this transfer but it'd make me do a million lols if it turns out all the media chatter is based on this obvious Photoshop.

• Locked thread