Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
There are some truly mouth watering transfer stories surrounding treble winners Manchester United :D

Burnley CB Michael Keane, who was sold by Van Gaal for £2m during summer 2015, could return after one decent season for a bad team for £25m. :waycool:

Utd have reportedly bid €35m for Inter's Ivan Perisic, a 28 year old winger described by some as a left footed Valencia, but Inter are holding out for €60m. :fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

There really hasnt been a keeper worth that since then, and it tends to be that when one comes around the club hangs on to them...or "messes up the paper work" when a big club tries to buy them

*accidentally password protects the PDF a couple minutes before the deadline*

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Several reports say that one of Mourinho's priorities this summer is a new left back, possibly Mendy from Monaco. What's gonna happen to £30m man Luke Shaw in that case? He's a bit too expensive to just be a backup.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Griezmann has reportedly put in a transfer request and has maybe agreed personal terms with Man Utd

Not sure he's worth £85m or how we're gonna use him but yay I guess :toot:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

sassassin posted:

United have "cooled their interest" now, it's definitely not Atletico telling United to gently caress off.

United are still the biggest club in the world, honest.

Doesn't matter how much Atletico want Utd to gently caress off when Griezmann has a release clause.

No idea why United "are no longer interested in him" though. Maybe Mourinho just realized today "hmm Zlatan got injured like 2 months ago and will be out forever, maybe he should be replaced...?" :eng99:

This comes hours after CAS decided Atletico's transfer ban won't be lifted so maybe Griezmann wants to stay for the time being out of loyalty or something as they won't be able to replace him.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Benfica goalkeeper Ederson to Manchester City is a done deal for €40m.

http://www.slbenfica.pt/30/news/info/t8JYPAn5zkKsW8hlgu_4Dg?language=pt-PT

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Griezmann has tweeted "now more than ever, Atletico"

Never really wanted him anyway :colbert:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
This transfer window looks super depressing for Man United so far.

The most credible link to a player atm is that we're getting 28 y/o Perisic for £45m lol :eng99:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Brony Car posted:

It's pretty early to be losing hope.

Absolutely. It's just that there seems to be fewer exciting players linked to us than usual. This year? Griezmann has already decided to stay, and we're linked to Michael Keane, Lindelöf, Perisic, and uh, the increasingly crocked Bale.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

fat greasy puto posted:

why would bale go to united

He wouldn't

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

RideTheSpiral posted:

why are you going there hahaha

Hehe :laugh:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Would be interesting if Liverpoo start paying £60m transfer fees and £200k pw wages... Where will this madness end

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Rumors of a €135m bid from Real Madrid for Mmmbop.

One hundred and thirty five million. :staredog:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Healbot posted:

Still less than what United paid for Pogba so far lmao

Um, okay... I don't think so.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Healbot posted:

Unless Mbappe's agent is handed something in excess of €40m it holds true.

:doh: You realize Raiola's cut came out of the £89m yes? That's why Juve's documents showed they only received €72m.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Xabi posted:

Liverpool are no longer interested in Van Dijk and I'm glad cos I never wanted him anyway...

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/265720-liverpool-fc-statement

"No longer interested" is how you're going to sum up that embarassing groveling statement? :cawg: They must be terrified of a transfer ban.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Hoops posted:

Zlatan agrees to give up his 10 year run of winning titles everywhere to help United in their time of need, singlehandedly wins them 15 points and basically stops their season being an absolute catastrophe, then as soon as he gets injured they just toss him aside. The United Way.

gently caress right off. He'll get to finish his rehabilitation at the club. Giving him another year at £420k per week would be retarded when he's not back until Jan/Feb.

Also any good striker would have got a similar amount of goals. He didn't singlehandedly do poo poo, except win us the League Cup. He missed tons of chances.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Morata has agreed to join United according to pretty reliable sources. He'll cost like £60m. Looks more like a £40m player but okay.

Not a super brilliant buy, but we could be doing worse. I've barely watched him play though. Any La Liga fans here who can tell us about him?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Hoops posted:

Clearly United as a club have lost any sense of loyalty in the last few years.

*pays £420k per week to a 36 year old out of "loyalty"* :downs:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

When he played for Juventus the season before he was great. Created and scored plenty of chances. Only reason he's not a bang on starter is because Benzema is holding Zidane's wife hostage and the other two in front are Ronaldo and Bale.

Nice. :cool: He's not a bottler or a flat track bully though is he?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

webmeister posted:

Rooney looked totally at home playing against a bunch of retirees during Carrick's testimonial match, the pace and pressure of the match really seemed to suit him.

It still blows my mind that he's younger than Ronaldo

Yeah. And even against them he was struggling to make any impact. :negative:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Der Shovel posted:

I don't think Rooney is leaving this summer tbh, and it's probably the best call for him personally. The only exception I could see would be if he got a regular playing spot on a decent/good team in a good/great league, like the Premier League or one of the top European leagues. And that doesn't seem very likely.

Going to China doesn't make much sense for Rooney. Thanks to Moyes' financial wizardry he's already one of the top paid footballers in the world. He wouldn't get much of a pay raise (if any) in China, and in exchange for that he'd have to essentially give up on ever playing for England again, uproot his family for a couple of years, live in a strange culture (I don't think Rooney is the type of person to consider this a plus) away from his extended family and play in an awful league.

If he's not going to be getting England call ups anyway, he might as well just ride the bench at United, get paid for very little work and hang around with his family / mates.

I don't think United are getting rid of him without buying out his contract or something. I honestly think he was hedging his bets on getting a good contract from Everton or some other close by club where he could get regular starts and get back into the England picture.

He should be given the full Schweinsteiger treatment if he refuses to take a pay cut in order to move somewhere. :mmmhmm:

It would never happen due to his "legend" status. :(

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
He is a decent young CB from Sweden :toot:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
That smugness...:smuggo:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Real Madrid apparently now want €90m for Morata... time to walk away and try to convince Mbappe instead? :eng99:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Since when has overspending been an issue for United?

It's getting ridiculous. For €40m extra we could get the brightest young striker talent instead of "probably pretty decent" Morata. But Mbappe is probably holding out for a move to Real anyway, which we and PSG will bankroll by overpaying for Morata and Hamez :eng99:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

trem_two posted:

"This transfer window looks super depressing for Man United so far" - PirateBob, June 3rd.

Hahaha yesss :laugh:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

mackintosh posted:

PirateBob was right.

Of course. Right about what though :confused:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
I don't get it. He finally gets busted for the tax fraud he's been doing, and somehow that's the club's fault? Or he's now angry at all of Spain? :confused:

Would love to see our Ronald back at Old Trafford though :getin:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Still lolling at the thread title :D

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
£9.7m for Januzaj when he has 1 year left on his contract is not too shabby.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Monaco's Fabinho wants to go to Man Utd, but people suspect that Matic and even Dier are above him on Mourinho's wish list.

If we pass on him and sign loving Matic I will be angry :rant:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Too bad for Mbappe that Arsenal favor Lacazette over him. :negative:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Lacazette has scored 37 this season, mbappe only 26 :chord:

wenger has gaslighted everyone into spending silly money on a fraud

Like 11 of Lacazette's goals were penalties if I remember correctly, so only 26 real goals

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

ayb posted:

Fabinho has made about 5 "come get me" pleas to Jose and apparently united now put an offer in

I'm liking this. Di Marzio is usually reliable for transfer rumors. :mmmhmm:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

UnderFreddy posted:

34 year old Defoe to Bournemouth with a three year contract is a done deal

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/first-team/jermain-defoe-signs-for-afc-bournemouth

Lol why in gently caress would you offer a 34 year old a 3 year contract when even 2 would be pushing it.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Rumors that Inter's Perisic will sign a new contract rather than joining Man United.

I'm not disappointed. 50M for him would have been a lovely transfer.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

Lacazette to Arsenal is apparently almost done, and will be a club record fee.

Are you actually convinced by him though? He looks good for Lyon but it's the French league. And his goal stats include a few dozen penalties.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Lot 49 posted:

Because he is signing a new contract or because he is going to run it down and leave for free next summer?

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

britishbornandbread posted:

Fat Man Custis at the Sun saying Rooney to Everton done by end of the week.

BBC Sport are reporting this too. Please god let this happen, even if he leaves on a free (obviously) :pray: :ohdear:

• Locked thread