Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

inflated transfer fees will last as long as it takes for PSG to fail to win the Champions League with Neymar

I know they've continued to rise but there is a limit, and while we'll never get back to the days when Jean-Pierre Papin was a world-record transfer at 4 million pounds or whatever, I can't see too many more 222M transfers in the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

julian assflange posted:

Paris are selling their kits €140 this season. They sold 12000 of them since yesterday :pwn:

their fanbase is comprised almost entirely out of gloryhunters, so that contingent is ecstatic over Neymar

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

curried lamb of God posted:

Ghezzal finally signed for Monaco, which hopefully means they can sell Lemar to Arsenal now

That sounds like a downgrade to me!

Speaking of Monaco shedding players, Nice is apparently close to signing Allan Saint-Maximin. That should be a good buy

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

MrBling posted:

They tried and then the russian billionaire that owns them got divorced, so they suddenly had a lot less money to throw around.

and then the crown prince didn't want to give him a Monaco passport, thus why the team operates on a substantially smaller budget now

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Marseille has signed Jordan Amavi on loan with an 8M option to buy at the end of the season - if he stays fit that's a hell of a signing imo considering Marseille's other left-backs are Patrice Evra and a perma-crocked 33-year-old Henri Bedimo

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

His tracking back has improved, that's true

If he's become a winger who can track back Jose will never let him go

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

NNick posted:

Didn't he get injured last week?

he did, and despite what the Express says other sources have been reporting that Vasilyev met with PSG specifically to tell them that Monaco wouldn't be transferring them any players for any price. So obviously a Mbappe to PSG could still happen but it's not automatically guaranteed

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Hegay posted:

Legit happy Mbappe is going to PSG instead of us paying loving €180m for a kid who played half a good season.

Rather let PSG develop him for like 2-3 years and see if he really does turn out to be world class.

He can join the list of players PSG has successfully developed, such as

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Brony Car posted:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic went on to win 2 trophies with Manchester United after developing his game at PSG. Learn your history, son.

:negative: I'll never recover from this, he would have never led MU to their historic treble otherwise.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Southampton seems to cost less than a Neymar. Amazing times.

Marseille cost less than Neymar, a team with an actual Champions League title, something PSG is burning mounds of Qatari dinars to get

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

I hope they never get one, OP.

:same:

luckily they seem to be following the trajectory of Galactico-era Real Madrid, and not present-day Real Madrid

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

This is exactly what will happen tbh

I can't wait, OP

PSG's frenzied desperation to buy a CL title is getting funnier and funnier to watch

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

GFFN is reporting that Juventus will announce the signing of Blaise Matuidi tomorrow

If it were a few years ago that would be a fantastic deal but he's past 30 now, and as we remember Pirlo was past his prime at 31

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

trem_two posted:

Matuidi was just photographed holding up a Juve scarf in Turin, so that's that for midfield reinforcements I guess.

Krychowiak is trying to move to the EPL too, allegedly, so PSG's plan for the season is Neymar plus a depleted midfield

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

mackintosh posted:

He is poo poo. Spent most of last season on the bench and then in reserves. He's so bad we dropped him from the national team.

Yes, exactly this. He was fine being benched to draw his ridiculous Qatarbucks salary but apparently PSG doesn't agree, but for some reason they're having difficulty finding people willing to take him!

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Matuidi for 20M is a good bit of business, it's not as if he's especially reliant on being pacey and French holding midfielders age like fine wine.

Juventus is a good place for him as others are likely to pass on him due to his age. Considering the inflation of the transfer window, 20M is practically a steal.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

agreed, let Big Cooter go

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

tarbrush posted:

Haven't they already got about 12 expensive attacking midfielders?

Pep needs to stockpile midfielders for every position on the field, hth

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

according to L'Equipe PSG haven't bid on Mmmbop but that his exclusion from the team last week is because he's turned into an utter oval office expecting a PSG move and has alienated his teammates, always a good reputation to start building when you're 18

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Supposedly, Big Cooter has accepted his Barcelona move ain't happening

Marseille's president admitted interest in Diego Costa, which would be hilarious if they pulled it off imo. Either way they gotta do something because Valere Germain doesn't seem to fit as a star forward in a Rudi Garcia team

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

In another instance of this being an absolutely mental transfer window, France Football's reporting that Lille is prepared to pay 40M Euros for Michy Batshuayi.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Liverpool transfer window keeps getting funnier.

https://twitter.com/eaamalyon/status/899942142499581952

The rumour is that's behind Dembele's fit with Dortmund too. Barcelona's been going to these players and telling them basically, it's now or never so they have to throw a fit and force a move from their clubs

The sudden and complete devolution of Barcelona into transparently A-grade cunts has been hilarious to watch, imo

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

PirateBob posted:

How does a middling French club find money like that :raise:

they got bought out by some Luxembourg Formula One guy named Gerard Lopez who was in the market for Marseille, promising to bring back Marcelo Bielsa, until OM got sold to Major League Baseball's embezzling-est owner Frank McCourt

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Brony Car posted:

I want more details. If it's anything like the first 3 bids, it'll be something like 80 million pounds spread out over 5 yearly installments and conditional 30-50,000,000 in highly unlikely incentives like winning Double and/or Trebles and also winning a Balon D'Or.

I'm pretty sure FSG will say no.

I blame Neymar.

EDIT: Also realized that this is timed right before Liverpool's home leg against Anfield. You have to hand it to Barca. They're definitely timing the bids for maximum disruption.

They bid on Nice's Jean-Michael Seri (iirc) hours before they played Napoli, too.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

This thread is Groundhog Day with the same posts about Coutinho over and over again forever

but what if he gets injured

in other news, Fabinho apparently told Monaco he was hoping to move to PSG this window but, get this, would not behave like a petulant oval office to get his way and would respect the decision regardless. Imagine!

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

PSG are retarded

Monaco's original player swap choice was Kimpembe too, lol

Anyway, it's not guaranteed because none of those players as yet want to move to Monaco

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

Arsenal look like they're planning on closing up shop in two years. This is all so bizarre.

It's the inevitable effect of Stan Kroenke ownership, as all the other teams he owns in other sports are absolute dogshit year in, year out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

straight up brolic posted:

I agree I just think it's stupid when it was all Wenger's fault 6 months ago, but now the supporters seem like they don't want to blame Wenger at all since they've discovered it's all really Kroenke's fault or some poo poo

no Arsenal supporter here, but I've seen how his teams perform in other leagues and there's an overall pattern. If anything Arsenal is overachieving comparatively, if they were really performining to the level of his other teams they'd be battling relegation, or stumbling around lower mid-table.

• Locked thread