Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

trem_two posted:

The Sun said today that Stoke are going to buy Rooney for £45m, and I've never wanted a transfer rumor to be true as much as this one
This would be the greatest thing to ever happen. There can't be any way it is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
:drat:

Ewar Woowar posted:

I'm really happy with Salah and I think Solanke was a good bit of business but I'd really like us to push on sooner rather than later. We're definitely targeting quality over quantity which is nice but hope we're being realistic on who we're going for.
I'd like to just read about the next signing being done instead of 3 weeks of rumors.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

It's odd. They supposedly dont care about money but finishing 2nd and having a chance at CL matches for the first time, their net spend this summer has only been like 20m. You'd think they want more quality in the side.

In any case, Liverpool should move on, offer 80m for VVD just to sate the bloodlust of the scouse transfer horde and call it a day.
This is the second transfer this summer that we have very publicly offered huge money for and been very publicly rejected. At this point, any further transfers that are actually completed are no doubt going to make 35m for Mane look like the steal of the century (I have no idea how Hull are not making us pay 25m for Robertson, but then again Hull). Are we only capable of pursuing one target at a time?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

I would have liked it if LFC had identified more than a single target player for each needed position this transfer window.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I don't think Coutinho is worth £100m but Gylfi has been touted for £50m and Coutinho is twice the player.
I can't believe how insane things have gotten. Suarez was significantly less just a few years ago and is a far better player than Coutinho. Is there something in the Neymar deal that stipulates that the transfer fee money must be spent on other Brazilians?

I'd say take the 100m but I don't even know what we would do with it at this point.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Still B.A.E posted:

Why would you say take it then? That's the entire issue with the transfer from Liverpool's point of view, as others have been saying. Liverpool don't need money, we need to build a good squad. FSG don't seem afraid to spend, but the club does seem to have a problem attracting top level players, and selling our best players every few years isn't conducive to either building a squad that can challenge in the league and Europe, or attracting top players. You can have all the money in the world to spend, but it means gently caress all if you can't bring in anything other than middle of the road players.
I 100% agree, its just hard to update an understanding of what that money gets. It sounds like so much but its clearly not anymore. I can't believe Mane for 34m was last season :iiam:

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Would be fine with selling Coutinho if LFC had shown even the slightest loving competency in signing players over they last few years. Keita is not the only young, talented midfielder out there and VVD is not the only great CB out there. If we had already done more business then holding out for every last penny from Barca would be a no brainer. Just loving mind blowing that our transfer target priority and negotiating process has been this poo poo.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

curried lamb of God posted:

thanks for posting this, I had heard about today's disaster in Barcelona but hadn't seen any footage yet
Oh...my...god

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

I just really don't understand what the gently caress Liverpool are doing. We have bid for exactly 1 loving CB in the entire off season. One.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

The absolute best transfer move by Liverpool this summer was not paying 35m for Ox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Brony Car posted:

It might be a bit early to call this, but it looks more and more like Emre Can will run down his contract with Liverpool.

Vyelkin (or is it Cheese?) will be happy, but I will be very sad.

http://www.football-italia.net/108829/marotta-howedes-schick-and-can

There are also some little nuggets for the Serie A crew in that article too.
I don't HATE Can but I thought he was fairly mediocre last year. He felt a half step too slow in a lot of matches. This year he has looked quicker and more confident, although we haven't really played a side that has forced him to defend against top attacking players.

Improvement or not, it would be a disaster to let him go for free in an age when transfer fees are so insane. If he does go to Juve, he will be an absolute beast at Serie A pace.

• Locked thread