Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

No one cared. At least compare it to one of the AWA title reigns that were bought when that title kind of meant something... this is dumber than either.
MRT and the forums groupthink share an opinion?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I hope Orton beats Jinder at Money in the Bank, where immediately after Corbin cashes in his newly won briefcase then beats both jabronis at SummerSlam.

All about the Corbin bandwagon, bitches.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Honestly though and this will sound really stupid. I cheered when Jinder won the title, not even ironically, but because I got to see another Indian champ in my lifetime. I suppose it'll have to do because we'll never get a British born one ever.
This is rad. Minority champions forever.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Frankston posted:

That sweet-rear end elephant logo should be his sideplates.
Yeah really.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

That DICK! posted:

rovert, what's this I'm reading in a reddit thread about you "pretending to be a girl all summer"???
This is the funniest random post I think I've ever read.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Didn't Cena have the only good Khali match?
HBK as well but basically just those two.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Just rewatched Lynch/Banks in NXT. I forgot how good Sasha Bank is. RAW has completely drained her.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

oatgan posted:

The HHH match is weirdly good as well
Oh yeah, true.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Language question:

Why isn't the U pronounced in Shinsuke and Asuka?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

it is pronounced it's just not stressed
It seems slightly pronounced in Asuka but not at all in Shinsuke.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Cubone posted:

:eng101: Near vowels are voiceless in between voiceless consonants.

So the U in Shinsuke goes whispered because the S and K are voiceless, but it would be voiced in Shinzuke, Shinsuge, or Shinzuge

The confusion comes from how mush-mouthed humans are with vowels. (e.g. We think we have 5 of them in English, but we actually have closer to 13. We treat some of them as equivalent while knowing intuitively that they're not and "sound wrong" even when technically following the layman's understanding. And some noises we hear as the "same" noise, where other languages draw an important distinction)
Near vowels are when the tongue is high in the mouth, but not high enough to block the passage of air and form a consonant. In Japanese this typically means what are written in Roman characters as "I" and "U", but sometimes for common words the vowels are dropped or rounded over time, and we lose the clear delineation.
This, along with many other responses, was very helpful and informative. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Anals of History posted:

This is the new andey, isn't it?
andey

• Locked thread