Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lid posted:

Is this worse than when The Shiek bought the NWA Championship?

Yes, because nobody has cared all that much about the NWA title in like 20+ years. The titles in WWE have maybe lost some shine with some of the choices they've made, but they still are the titles most everyone in the business wants to hold

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 05:17 on May 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave's acknowledged before there are numerous people in the company who would absolutely be paid better in the indies, especially in comparison to lower card (tag scene, non-title scene) and NXT, much like there are people in the indies who are currently better paid than they ever would be in WWE (Young Bucks, Okada)

Demand is there and high for Castagnoli and Generico; no matter how bad booking gets, companies won't be swayed by it

I wonder if that includes Omega, as well.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

If I remember correctly, he turned down the offer because they were going to saddle him with the Umaga gimmick.

Only a rumour, pretty sure Joe's denied it and I think said it was financially advantageous to do TNA instead. It would not surprise me if that was the case, obviously WWE is capable of offering more money but I could see them lowballing him thinking he wouldn't be worth spending money on.

A shame, though: A Joe vs Cena feud would be a hell of a lot of fun, and if WWE felt like it, they could talk about Joe and John's past together in UPW (they probably wouldn't, though).

• Locked thread