Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUTKTk60aGk

the track starting at 11:39 is fantastic

In natural Death Grips fashion they haven't said if this is a actual a "Gabber Megamix" or if that's just part of the song title.

Getting some real DG 2.0 vibes from this too, if this is the future of death grips then hell yeah keep going further into the bizarre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
I always pull up to the law offices with this blasting

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
this is one of the best things they've ever done

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Can you guys explain the appeal of this corny band. like its just some okish rapping over really spastic beats.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

A human heart posted:

Can you guys explain the appeal of this corny band. like its just some okish rapping over really spastic beats.

He is really angry.

The dark web

Zach hill is the drummer

They had a dick on the cover of their album

A lot of their songs are really really catchy!

Super angry dudes, angry kids relate.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I am old and I cannot relate to "rap" any longer

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

https://twitter.com/bbpoltergiest/status/866809078357426177

I assume the album title will be Steroids. Pretty amped up and I dig the transitions, though whether they'll survive into an album cut is questionable.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

He is really angry.

The dark web

Zach hill is the drummer

They had a dick on the cover of their album

A lot of their songs are really really catchy!

Super angry dudes, angry kids relate.

He doesn't sound particularly angry? like i've heard angrier rappers.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

A human heart posted:

Dude he's real angry idk what you're talking about. What songs have you listened to? Try exmilitary

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

A human heart posted:

BITCH PLEASE, YOU MUST BE SMOKING ROCKS

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

It's just a guy yelling in a funny way, and now posters in this thread are posting in all caps in the same way.

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

A human heart posted:

This new EP is bad. The spastic beats are a recent development and they mostly sound like the same boring blare of noise.

But it should hopefully be pretty easy to understand the appeal of their earlier albums, Exmilitary, The Money Store. There are some very good beats, extremely catchy hooks, and ridiculous lyrics that are made even better by Ride's screaming them.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

A human heart posted:

Only unless they do it in poorly described simile and metaphor

quote:

Death Grips is, in a nutshell, what your 85 year old grandmother from Arkansas hears whenever you put on your favorite rap album in the car. To her, it's loud, obnoxious, vulgar, and strange. That is what Death Grips is like, except Death Grips is also high on meth and attacking you with a box-cutter.

quote:

I think black husserl nailed it in the hip-hop thread when he said death grips sound like saul williams' niggy tardust from 2007, which is what i thought too when i first heard them a couple weeks ago. i like them though, and don't get how people don't consider it hip-hop.

quote:

Clearly the closest relative of Death Grips is Hip-Hop, but especially on tracks like "Guillotine", there's something else to it. It's not quite metal, it's... I think it's just anger. Pure anger.

quote:

Someone asked me why I liked Death Grips because "it sounds like someone gave a schizophrenic homeless man a microphone and played it over dialup tones" and I told them they answered their own question.

quote:

compared listening to Death Grips to joining a gang: you get beat up for the first few days, but once you're in, everything falls into place and becomes fine.

quote:

These guys are like watching a cat throw up and then proceed to eat its own vomit again. Take from that what you will.

quote:

I think of MC Ride walking through Naked Lunch, leading the Liberian Tupac Army through the interzone, gangsta as gently caress.

quote:

If I were to explain them to my past self, I would say it's more like Special Ed from Crank Yankers is shouting at you while some over some obnoxious blasts of noise, which should really be a negative

quote:

But yeah, this is like the best possible music to annoy your neighbors with. It's not something I can listen to all the time, but when I'm in the mood for it, man, it's real loving good. I have yet to drive to this with the windows down, but I have a feeling that would be a hilariously entertaining experience.

quote:

I once had to get a painful cyst lanced. I asked the doctor if he was cool w/ me playing my headphones loud while he lanced me, which he was cool with.
I played Death Grips (Lord of the Game) on blast and felt nothing.

Thats only to the second page of the previous thread

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

listen to, idk, dreamcrusher or something instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgxq5r3fJ2I

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

slowdave posted:

listen to, idk, dreamcrusher or something instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgxq5r3fJ2I

this loving reeks of "trying too hard" LOL

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

yeah the link is purple so what I was curious okay

THEY IS SHITCORE

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

you can add that to the op :)

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I don't give a hoot or a drat poo poo about Death Grips OP.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
They're touring with ministry https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/07/ministry-and-death-grips-are-going-on-tour-together/

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad

Weird, I thought Death Grips would be atheist like me.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
That's a cover of filth pig I'd like to see

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

I am much excite and already trying to find a ride so I can make it to the show.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
I got a spotify email with the presale code, "RAGE". Got two tix to the Houston show at White Oak Music Hall. I'm noided.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
Death Grips are good and i'm jealous of people seeing them live. The Money Store is still real nice.

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

Friend I'm probably going to the show with has never heard Exmilitary :prepop:

I told him he needs to sort that out

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

man in the eyeball hat posted:

Friend I'm probably going to the show with has never heard Exmilitary :prepop:

I told him he needs to sort that out

For REAL.

What must that life be like?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
They barely play anything off exmilitary anymore :(

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
which is cool because it's their worst album

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

mods???

man in the eyeball hat fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jul 21, 2017

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

A human heart posted:

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

You have more posts in this thread than anyone else though?

Anyway Exmilitary is great.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

you got me there, i've got five whole posts in this thread.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
As someone who just discovered the majesty of Death Grips last year, i'm very excited they might make new things.

I also kind of want to build a Death Grips Description twitter bot based on the posts from earlier in this thread

edit: Still building out the spreadsheet but here's the bot no one asked for:

https://twitter.com/DeathGripsDesc

That Dang Dad fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jul 21, 2017

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMZemM6U29U'

E- I am doubtful that this list is actually exhaustive though

man in the eyeball hat fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Aug 24, 2017

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
I love Steroids to death. I can't believe how much I love it.

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Anyone else going to the first stop on the tour in Worcester this Friday?

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Just bought my tickets for their Royal Oak, MI show myself, but @bbpoltergeist dropped the backing track from the concert promo (Zach Hill solo):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlSnPW88y9w

I guess for those who missed it,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx3mbkWuxhI

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Woah. I never realized how much I needed to mosh to Takyon until I did it. My life feels complete.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Takyon is fuckin ace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

feels weird being one of like 5 people over 21 at a show

lotta sweaty white kids

• Locked thread