Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
screaden
Apr 8, 2009
I always pull up to the law offices with this blasting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

A human heart posted:

Can you guys explain the appeal of this corny band. like its just some okish rapping over really spastic beats.

Only unless they do it in poorly described simile and metaphor

quote:

Death Grips is, in a nutshell, what your 85 year old grandmother from Arkansas hears whenever you put on your favorite rap album in the car. To her, it's loud, obnoxious, vulgar, and strange. That is what Death Grips is like, except Death Grips is also high on meth and attacking you with a box-cutter.

quote:

I think black husserl nailed it in the hip-hop thread when he said death grips sound like saul williams' niggy tardust from 2007, which is what i thought too when i first heard them a couple weeks ago. i like them though, and don't get how people don't consider it hip-hop.

quote:

Clearly the closest relative of Death Grips is Hip-Hop, but especially on tracks like "Guillotine", there's something else to it. It's not quite metal, it's... I think it's just anger. Pure anger.

quote:

Someone asked me why I liked Death Grips because "it sounds like someone gave a schizophrenic homeless man a microphone and played it over dialup tones" and I told them they answered their own question.

quote:

compared listening to Death Grips to joining a gang: you get beat up for the first few days, but once you're in, everything falls into place and becomes fine.

quote:

These guys are like watching a cat throw up and then proceed to eat its own vomit again. Take from that what you will.

quote:

I think of MC Ride walking through Naked Lunch, leading the Liberian Tupac Army through the interzone, gangsta as gently caress.

quote:

If I were to explain them to my past self, I would say it's more like Special Ed from Crank Yankers is shouting at you while some over some obnoxious blasts of noise, which should really be a negative

quote:

But yeah, this is like the best possible music to annoy your neighbors with. It's not something I can listen to all the time, but when I'm in the mood for it, man, it's real loving good. I have yet to drive to this with the windows down, but I have a feeling that would be a hilariously entertaining experience.

quote:

I once had to get a painful cyst lanced. I asked the doctor if he was cool w/ me playing my headphones loud while he lanced me, which he was cool with.
I played Death Grips (Lord of the Game) on blast and felt nothing.

Thats only to the second page of the previous thread

• Locked thread