Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Rekinom posted:

Age 67 will probably end up being domestic only. Multiple countries let pilots go to 67/68 but they can't leave their territorial borders. If we raised ours, they'd be limited to domestic only unless they got a country to country waiver, so maybe Canada and Mexico. But they wouldn't even be able to fly to Hawaii because once you're 12 miles outside of the borders, you're in ICAO territory, baby.

So I guess I'm just gonna hide out in a 787 or a 777 for a while until this poo poo blows over.

Just imagine having all your lines being your choice of any EWR/IAD-SFO/LAX permutation.

Maybe this is a clever way to force some voluntary requirements?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Two Kings posted:

How is withholding parts from civilian aircraft because you are mad at their government in anyone’s best interest?

It seems like the only result you’re going to get is potentially killing a bunch of innocent people who don’t know any better when they book a flight.

In general western sanctions are not thought out very well. This is probably not the right thread for a discussion of sanctions in general though.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Chinese civil aviation sector is like every other manufacturer in that they depend on the same group of companies that go into an Airbus, Boeing or Embraer.

Their military and space stuff is still descended from Soviet purchases and later Russian transfers but has diverged quite a bit shown by the fact that PLAAF/PLANAF can actually keep their planes in the air…

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Some nightmare fuel courtesy Reddit:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

two_beer_bishes posted:

Mig 23 just crashed at Thunder over Michigan. Pilots ejected, sounds like they're ok but the plane hit an apartment building.

Thankfully that doesn’t appear to be true

https://twitter.com/thenewarea51/status/1690828851201355776?s=46&t=TBi_iSImUmzjTxXAKsMEHw

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

sleepy gary posted:

That makes a lot more sense than degrees, but then why would you need so much precision?? Flaps 37 degrees! Flaps 54 degrees! No, poo poo, I meant 55 degrees, gently caress!

I see you are familiar with McDonnell-Douglas products.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Is it just a reminder that the DG is not permanently slaved to the compass and therefore you need to do a manual realignment every 10 minutes?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Oh I’m not saying it wasn’t fair, just that the immediate concern being compensation and not a single spark burning us all to death in the air within a max of like 15 minutes didn’t register at all for this person

Delta should’ve never retired the DC-9-50 so new frequent fliers can learn that weird, extremely loud noises, severe vibrations and burning smells are normal and fine.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

MrYenko posted:

I can’t hear you over the 400hz whine.

And the auxiliary hydraulic whatever. And of course the engines.

Shouldn’t the burning rubber smell have gone away by now?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/deltanewshub/status/1699420223407841751?s=46&t=TBi_iSImUmzjTxXAKsMEHw

Anyone work for widget? There has to be some amazing internal conversations going on right now!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I only saw the rumor that mileage upgrade awards are going away finally, I kinda had assume that they’d been eliminated some time ago but apparently not, you just had to call and a get a customer service rep that actually knew all the arcane systems.

(Ie, you could still get upgrades through the old table and not the variable pay with miles or whatever er if you knew the tricks)

I keep seeing that United is being recommended as the “good” domestic mainline carrier now? What a world.

But anyway I was thinking more that there should be some ATL based employees that are pissed about this for a wide variety of reasons, only some of them being 28-3

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Delta’s thing was always paying slightly more for getting two biscoff cookies, somewhat less terrible customer service and not running 3-4-3 coach on the 777.

Now it’s like twice the price and worse

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

No, but I'm hearing the 14th is some sort of D-Day for them with regard to a major shake-up of SkyMiles bound to piss off many.

The one mile at a time guy published this early and holy poo poo Amex is going to be pissed.

Either that or maybe they both made major miscalculations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

If you want Reddit salt this seems to be a good thread https://reddit.com/r/delta/s/g61NqR0wI9

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

actionjackson posted:

thinking about the opportunity cost on this lol

HOW TOM EARNS DELTA 360 | ??? MQDS
[*] 7x Super Bowl champion, 5x Super Bowl MVP
[*] 3x NFL MVP
[*] 30+ missed calls from Ed per year
[*] Sent two Jet Cards back in autumn, must not've got'em
[*] Anyways, I hope you get this Tom, just to chat, truly yours your biggest fan, this is Ed

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Delta’s problem is who is going to pay delta one fares when better products are cheaper and no matter what aircraft is on the website you could still end up with one of those 767-300s where half the seats don’t work right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Arson Daily posted:

I smooshed a gummy bear onto the outside of the window of my airplane and then flew from SJC to HNL and then KOA and he stayed stuck there the whole time. I need better hobbies.

I don't have a picture from Kona because it was dark so you're just gonna have to trust me

How much effort was involved in removing it after all that?