Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
gently caress me is this thread really 11 years old now? jesus christ.

today some lady wouldn't leave the lav at 2500 ft on final so the flight attendants decided that was good enough to break sterile and call me and at the same time Alaska did a horrible join to a parallel runway next to us and gave us a DESCEND DESCEND ra while the flight attendants were trying to explain to me what was up with this woman.
This is the kind of poo poo they don't train you for in flight school. Or IOE, for that matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
Once a quiet neighborhood next to the airport this whole time and his site is now 7 years old so it hasn't been quiet for awhile.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever

vessbot posted:

I wrote this about my experience at CAE. Since it's all FAA approved curriculum material, it's bound to be similar anywhere else you go for it.

It's 4 days of classroom and 3 sim sessions. The sims are introduction/familiarization, nothing is checked and it is literally impossible to fail. There is a short and easy written at the end of the classroom section, corrected to 100%. (There has been some confusion in at least 1 guy's 135 clueless employer thinking this is the ATP written, which it is most certainly not!) Everything is presented as an introduction to general airline/jet concepts for someone coming out of Cessnas and Seminoles. Absolutely no preparation is needed, and I would recommend to anyone to put 100% of their study time into ATP written prep (such as Sheppard, ASA, etc.) which is actually long and hard. The classroom work is not prep for the ATP written, other than some naturally occurring coincidences given the subject matter. To be clear, it's the "ATP-CTP" course, and at the end you get a certificate which is a prerequisite to take the ATP written. Yes, the written is scheduled and done completely on your own. CAE can recommend a few testing centers nearby, but has no relationship with them and easier for most people to do it where you live.

Typical FAA that this is part of their "fix" for the Buffalo crash. What a joke... I'm so glad I had a grandfathered ATP written and beat the deadline.
In other news, I missed upgrade by 3 numbers today. Three. Went to a 5/21 hire and I'm 6/4. Damnit. But, supposedly we're upgrading 16 a month now, sooo.... hopefully won't be too much longer to wait if the music continues.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
Awarded captain upgrade, July 12th class omg omg :D

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
We still do stalls in 6 month and 12 month recurrent. There are a lot of other maneuvers to go through, though, I can't say it's a huge focus but it's definitely some checkboxes that we check. That said, I haven't seen anybody do anything stupid to react to the stall, and it's not really a surprising thing in the sim... green PLI, yellow PLI, shaker... if someone encountered one unexpectedly, I could see a wrong reaction.

The Slaughter fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jun 28, 2017

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
5 more reserve days and then it's off to MSP for E175 CA training*

*training program consists of tests beginning on day 1 and 2 and then basically the bare minimum of sim before a LOFT and LOE

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
Had my first left seat sim last night. The motion cueing on taxiing makes me so sick and holding down the tiller with a death grip made my hand tired. Green needle obstacle departure into egpws encounter for a dive and drive DME Arc circling approach into a missed with an engine failure at 100 ft, come back around and single engine ils to a landing then APU fire on the runway leading to an emergency evacuation. Good little warmup for today, which will be a mock MV with v1 cuts and single engine go arounds and stall recovery. So ready to be done, tomorrow is my MV, then I just have a loft and then it's my LOE and I will be getting that sweet captain pay...

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever

Stupid Post Maker posted:

Yeah but it's a 175 and it does everything for you

it probably would if we didn't over-proceduralize everything, tho we got nothing on Horizon. Gotta manually operate the hydraulic pumps even tho we have an 'auto' mode with system logic that works just fine... and no fms speeds below 10k! no autotuning freqs! manually hard tune!!!!

Apollo, that sounds terrifying and I'm glad you're alive to tell the tale. What a story. I always thought those dots were stupid, obviously you should get some kind of blinking loud flashing caution warning thingy.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
MV (maneuvers validation) passed. A loft (Line Oriented Flight Tr aining - oh its an normal flight in the sim! but you have to deice and do some sort of maintenance thing and who knows what else!) and an LOE (Line Oriented Evaluation - basically checkride structured like a flight) are all that stand between me and being a captain on the real airplane in IOE (initial operating experience).
My sim partner described my V1 cut as "very pretty", hahaha.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever

azflyboy posted:

We actually fired our Q400 fleet manager about 18 months ago, and then re-hired him once someone realized "oh crap, he's gonna start writing manuals for the E175" if he got cut loose from making the Q400 procedures ever more complex.

You're reminding me I want to jump on a qx 175 for a good laugh to see what you guys do with this thing.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
Passed my loft, lots of fun with deicing and compressor stall after takeoff out of LaCrosse, an RA.. one day off now, sit seat support for my sim partner's LOE, and then my LOE is the next night... and then it's captain IOE time. Trying not to stress out, but yeah, poo poo is getting real.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever

e.pilot posted:

While true this doesn't excuse the fact that they somehow managed to line up on a taxiway instead of a runway AT NIGHT and failed to realize their error until they were told to go around.

Lining up to land on a taxiway during daylight hours (especially if there were no airplanes on said taxiway) would at least be a little more forgivable, but night time? I mean how?

Dude we're all just human and we're super prone to loving up. I back up every approach for this reason even visuals but yeah it's only a matter of time for any of us before a potentially career ending mistake. It's really easy to monday morning quarterback everything but I have done some retarded poo poo in airplanes and it's not a question of if, it's a question of when for basically anybody who flies.
Instead of judgement, more important to learn about the scenarios and I'm sure there will be a recreation video done by the FAA/NTSB at some point. Also, I guess it's standard in the airbus to turn the FD off on a visual or else the autothrust and everything else starts freaking the gently caress out, which is too bad because in the E175 we can back everything up still.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
Flight attendant, no. Gay pilot, yes.
Bad idea, would not recommend.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
Yesterday departing SLC was legit scary. This guy was working a huuuuge sector of airspace and seemed borderline incompetent, probably just was overworked with everybody deviating but wasn't listening to us or anybody, freq was too busy, and lightning flashing all around us as he kept trying to send us into it every time we managed to get a non blocked transmission in.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
He was def on diff freqs and kept saying he was on the landline so that didn't help things certainly tho he kept using wrong callsigns for people and sure didn't seem to be listening to us at all. I'm sure staffing was an issue, it had been relatively chill in SLC even an hour before and then stuff just popped up everywhere and gusty winds turned the airport around just before we departed, we were definitely still in that "stuff is popping up everywhere" phase and the guy really needed a few more people to jump on and take over his other freqs or whatnot...

Whatever, I'll deviate and whenever we can get you to listen you'll know what the plan is, guy. Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six... weather is less stressful for us when ATC is a good resource and not... whatever that was.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
Hmm, my windiest... landed my little Embraer in like 38G48kts in Vegas. Vref + 20 gave me something like 165 kts... and my perfect crosswind technique made the news cuz a celebrity was onboard: http://extratv.com/2017/03/31/jessica-chastain-thought-she-was-going-to-die-during-scary-plane-landing/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46HVle8ReXo
Also, I had the FOQA team look and they said the landing barely registered as far as G loading and both mains registered WoW pretty drat shortly after one another. It wasn't really that eventful at the time but when I had googled Jessica Chastain because the FAs told me she was onboard, I saw those interviews and started cracking up laughing.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
Come to compass instead, and fly with me. $41/hr and a 17,500 signing bonus, do I still have to buy my FO's coffee when they make nearly as much as me? Asking for a friend.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever

Rolo posted:

What's a rough average of paid hours a month? Is there a guaranteed minimum?

75 is minimum, living in base as a senior FO I regularly managed 95-105 hrs a month by working a little extra but my schedules were also usually 75 hrs/19-21 days off so I didn't mind picking up an extra little 2 day trip especially if something popped up for 150%. Commuters probably get less, kinda depends how much open time there is and if you trade or how much you want to work, also on reserve or if junior at min days off(11-12 depending on 30/31 day bid period) it's hard to pick up as much since you have the more unproductive trips, tho overall it's pretty decent on the 175 as our average stage length is about 2:30 and you have 2 or 3 legs usually in a day. They can raise the floor to 85 hrs and then everyone gets at least 85, also the PBS can give you anywhere from 75-95 if it decides it needs coverage. If staffing gets as bad as it seems like it is, reserve time will be short to nil and everybody will be flying a bunch until the effect of throwing boatloads of money at the problem kicks in. OO has been eating our lunch as far as west coast pilot applicants for awhile now and it'll be interesting to see if $41/hr first year fixes it and gets pilots in class. They really hosed up by stopping hiring from Jan-June, they had 20-30 people a month in class before then no problem and thought oh, we just turn on the hiring machine again when we want and 20-30 people show up and after a few months of 1-2 people a month have realized just how behind they are. I hit a 2 year upgrade and with attrition where it is, I think it'll probably stay around 2 years for most.

The Slaughter fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 2, 2017

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever

CBJSprague24 posted:

I have to wonder if there's some behind-the-scenes deal where the hour concessions are exchanged for the maintaining of raised salaries with the condition that they unleash the Sully for a PR crusade if the regionals don't play ball. ALPA flipped from "No, it's a pay shortage" to "Actually, you know what, we'll reduce the hours, that's cool" really fast.

ALPA does not endorse it.
https://www.alpa.org/news-and-events/news-room/2017-10-26-statement-faa-release-air-carrier-training-recommendations

That was misleading. ALPA is on the panel, but that statement is hardly an endorsement.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
6 month recurrent tomorrow, boo.
Has it really been 6 months since I upgraded? Wow.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
Just come to Compass instead and get the commuter hotels :shibe:

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
Well a few days ago a large Atlanta company that sells widgets told me no, to my face. Really a kick in the nuts.
Hopefully it's just meant to be so that I can get hired by some purple cargo carrier or a Chicago company that does something with globes and Star Alliances.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever

Animal posted:

LOL Delta. Know a guy who just finished MD88 training.

He's an unremarkable 28 year old WASP kid from rural PA. No military. No volunteering. No PIC time. His resume consists of going to a decent aviation college in the Midwest, maybe two years as a CFI, and then 4 years as a regional FO. Went to one job fair hoping to get a shot at an interview somewhere realistic like Atlas or maybe Jet Blue. Got the call from Delta to bring him in. Got hired.

Nice guy. But, who the gently caress knows what they really want. He is perplexed as anyone else.

I am 32... I have a high GPA from Riddle, magna cum laude, Dean's list a bunch of times, with a double minor in aviation safety and management... but I attended 5 different colleges and it took me like 7-8 years as there were long gaps in college. Volunteer at a local food bank, and for the NGPA both at the events and for the airline advocacy committee. Vice chair of Central Air Safety for my airline, chair of the pairing/scheduling committee, ASAP committee, CIRP committee. Spend plenty of my days off talking to crewmembers, the FAA, chief pilots, and our company director of flight standards as well as the safety chair with regards to all the things that get screwed up. 3100TT/300TPIC. I was surprised to get the call, but then again there were a few FOs there, and a guy that had just upgraded to captain like the week prior from my airline. Wasn't sure why I got the call, but I networked like crazy and I've worked hard. My resume has a lot of previous customer service jobs on it.
I always strive hard to do quick turns to make D0, fly fast and get shortcuts when we're late, push the wheelchairs, smile at all the gate agents, make all the PA's and my welcome aboard from the front of the cabin, wear my hat, keep people informed... flight attendants have told me I'm a great communicator and FOs have told me I'm fun with fly with. I was totally honest and authentic during the interview. I spent 9 weeks inside never seeing the sunlight studying for the test, the same level of preparation I would have brought to their training. Never struggled during 121 training at all... but somehow I didn't effectively communicate that as I failed the HR part. Yet I'm somehow good enough to fly their airplanes and passengers at their underpaid subcontractor... It's a pretty deep cut right now.
I legit feel like a mistake was made, and maybe I dodged a bullet. I think I'll be happier at United, if I can get a phone call from them. Honestly, I remember being at ALPA events and the United guys would invite us regional trash out to dinner while the widget guys would all go off separately. That says something about what kind of place it is... :shrug:

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever

AWSEFT posted:

Thats kind of my point. I was running a multimillion dollar a year business but I'm not intelligent enough to fly your computer because I didn't sit in a classroom. Meanwhile, like you're alluding to, my peers in college were partying and getting drunk barely making it to class. Definitely makes them more qualified than me.

Edit to add to Apollo: I've never failed an airline checking event or written exam.

Yeah except in my case I was working full time too while I got the degree and still had academic success. Yet I could tell widget was just seething that I got my degree online and had me explain why I would do such a thing (I was flying all over and across the country and couldn't attend classes in person in Seattle...)

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
I mean, you never really know. I can only go based off of how the interview went. They spend about 50 minutes with your app and logbooks before they bring you in and come up with a list of questions they want to ask you. Mine were centered around why I got my GED at 16 and went to an art college (a fair question that I somewhat expected), how I then came around to aviation, how I ended up at Riddle and why I did it online, etc. They were smiling and nodding and winking throughout the panel interview so I thought I was giving them satisfactory answers, but I did feel like maybe I stumbled a little bit when they were asking about the online thing - I explained how I could work ahead a week and with my fulltime 8 on 6 off job, I'd work, then spend my off days getting a week ahead. They were like "but you never attended a Riddle class in person?" .. in hindsight it would have been a great time to point out I did plenty of in-person classes for my associates degree, but whatever. They asked questions about my background for 30 min or so, and then about 30 minutes of "tell me about a time/ what would you do" where I felt like the questions were very softball and I had very well prepared answers. But I felt like it got most negative when talking about my college background/why I left HS 2 years early and it seemed like they didn't like that I had only been getting paid to fly for 6 years, as though somehow I might just change my mind about something I've devoted the last 10 years of my life to and actually did want to pursue since I was a kid. They also had me change one question on my app about whether any previous employers had ever disciplined me with a written warning or "letter of discipline". I got too honest and talked about a verbal warning I had for "insubordination", for questioning some safety decisions at Transpac... 5 weeks before my friend died in a crash there. Talked about how that was one reason I am so involved in safety now and passionate about aviation safety, but that is the only other negative that stands out and I've heard widget hates when you red ink something on your app. Thing is, they go over that question and they very much expanded it from what's on the addendum, and also, I did the right thing. I wasn't trying to conceal anything on the app, that question only asks about written warnings or letters of discipline, but when they explain it there, they wanted to know about anything verbal... a combination of that, the Riddle thing, and them not liking my background is why I didn't get it, I am reasonably certain. The 'what would you do' part was very simple questions such as how do you set the tone on a trip, what would you do if there's a thunderstorm within 3nm of the field and the FOM says you can't take off, okay southwest is taking off and passengers are mad etc... I did not struggle with those questions at all.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever

xaarman posted:

I've had a few military friends interview there and get turned down/walk away with a bad taste in their mouth.... one in particular is now flying for a giant purple cargo outfit headquartered in Memphis. She says getting turned down by DAL, while she not happy at the time, was the best thing to happen to her. I am certain you'll have similar results in the future.

Yeah. I'm hoping for the same outcome, honestly, or the New And Improved Continental. But numbers are numbers and it's probably gonna take me some time, so that's just something I have to accept. It's just hard when you feel soooo close to something and not playing this dumb game anymore, but it is what it is. A few weeks later with some perspective, I'd still be in a good spot if I got hired in 11 (or more realistically, 13-14 months or so) by the widget. It sucks it'd be at 6% lower seniority for the rest of my career more than likely, but it still would be a meteoric seniority rise. Things are looking good to become a LCA in June/July potentially and that will open doors at Big Memphis Purple and New and Improved Continental, hopefully one of those will work out.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever

CBJSprague24 posted:

At the risk of making things worse in this conversation, I have a Facebook friend who just got hired on at Big Widget.

At 23. :psyboom:

He's saying he flew his last flight at Regional With A Logo Which Kinda Looks Like Northwest's (the alternate name game is kinda fun) six years to the day of getting his Instrument ticket and, at some point along the way, got a DC-9 type and was doing ferry flying in South Florida on the side and I still have no idea how any of that happened. (e- I wound up chatting with him at ATL one time waiting to take a flight back to CMH and that's what he was doing at that point- turned out he was a friend of a friend.)

e2- Nothing makes sense anymore. Stick with it, Slaughter, you'll land in a good spot.
yeah, they've taken several of our 23 year olds this year. I turn 33 in July. Things will work out, but I don't understand what is going on with hiring there at all.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
I do have PM yeah.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
I need to go fly some GA. Thinking about a floatplane...

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
Nah if I do it I'll do it here, there's a lot of great floatplane ops around Seattle and an acquaintance works as a CFI for one of the companies. I wouldn't bother to take the checkride, either, zero point unless you plan to buy a floatplane, since nobody will let you rent one solo except for one operation here that I have no intent of rejoining.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever

sleepy gary posted:

Probably does not apply to you, but passing the seaplane checkride counts as a BFR.

Yeah, not so much a concern heh. I am just paranoid at this point about something like busting a float checkride for some stupid reason and examiner having a bad day and that impacting my career options, it would be weird to have to explain. No potential upside when I can't rent one solo and not buying one for a bit, so yeah. There would be no reason to get an ASES, I just want to go muck around on some lakes and get up on dat step.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever

KodiakRS posted:

1. Leave your west coast base for ORD
2. Move to base because commuting to ORD from the west coast sucks
3. Realize you now live in ORD
4. Solve item 3 by drinking a lot of alcohol

It's like looking into a mirror of my own life choices.

I legit didn't understand why anybody on the west coast wouldn't come to Compass. But now Compass is a flaming dumpster fire until staffing gets normal (92 hr 11 day off line this month at 62% CA, coverage days when I was trying to get time off). I'm pretty unhappy at the moment. Supposedly they are cutting classes in half now and just hiring for attrition and we are fully staffed once they all get on the line in August or September. I miss being able to drop or trade trips, like, ever. I hope that comes back...
Ironically even if Delta had hired me, my class would have been delayed til October. I'm torn between trying for Atlas/Spirit/Jetblue just to get out, but that means a commute (except Atlas) and I just really want to get 1000TPIC first, I dunno. Haven't given up on FedEx or United yet...

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever

e.pilot posted:

Not as good in practice as it sounds on paper honestly.

Yeah I barely have seen my home the past 6 weeks. Some of that is by choice (3 day trip into 5 days into hawaii vacation into 4 day trip into 2 day trip).

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
12 month LOE done. Good for another year: I had the flu and the weakest FO I’ve ever flown with. (Nice guy, just terrible...) thankfully, it was easy with leg 1 being an antiice failure in ice conditions that resolved, and leg 2 being an IRS failure with cat II downgrade and SFO at cat II mins so a diversion to SJC.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
Do we have anybody at United?

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever

Arson Daily posted:

Got friends there what do you want to know?

Trying to get some internals... goonternals? Ya never know. I hear the magic number is 4 internals. I’m really awkward at asking for them, though!

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever

Zochness posted:

I love it when some pilot keys up when we are metering SEA arrivals with “Hey center we’ve been slowed and already did a bunch of turns why are we turning more?” and inevitably will somebody cut in before I can say anything with “welcome to Seattle”. The fog in the mornings has definitely been a pain on the other side of the mic too.

I just like when I pass LKV and my BTG time locks and I know what to expect. Sometimes the dispatchers get so cute with the fuel and it's not cute when I've gotta figure it out.
The other day we had PSC, PSC went to 1/8SM poo poo and SEA was CATII so I wanted a good, real alternate. We also had no APU... Thankfully I had a brick shitload of gas.

ACARS: "No problem, I'll give you YKM as an alternate, AMD1 change alt to YKM minfuel blabla"
Me: "We have no APU. I don't want YKM."
Dispatcher: "????"
Me: "It's some random FBO that services us there, they probably don't have an E175 huffer cart"
Dispatcher: "stby i will call YKM and see if they can borrow from QX"
Me: "*bangs head against desk* why, we have the gas for EUG which is sky clear, PDX which is ovc006 but we'll get in and has huffer and probably a gate if they don't get too many other diverts"
Dispatcher: "amd2 change alt to pdx...."

hobbesmaster posted:

The real question with SeaTac is why Delta started a pissing match with Alaska

So little has really been said, but from what I can gather: SEA has been growing in population and as a focus city for Delta (think Amazon, etc) and it's closer to both Asia and Europe so it makes sense as an international hub. Delta likes hub cities that have organic population, so you'll likely never see them with a hub in STL or MCI for example even though both are very convenient and central. ATL, DTW, NYC, LAX and SEA all provide them with not only connecting hub traffic but lots of originating traffic. For years they had a nice codeshare/partnership with Alaska to handle the West Coast, Delta was pretty hands off past SLC outside of some LAX international stuff and let Alaska do the heavy lifting, particularly within the state of Alaska but a good portion of the west coast. Alaska also has codeshare with Emirates. Delta HAAAAATES Emirates and has been on this huge campaign against them and is quite upset they had to drop ATL-DUB and basically have given up on making any money flying to India or the Middle East because Emirates (and really all of the ME3) are heavily subsidized. That's a whole different argument, but what I understand Delta looked at all the growth in Asia and decided SEA was going to be a huge international hub for them. However, they wanted Alaska to stop partnering with Emirates, and really get hitched with Delta, Alaska brings em to Seattle, Delta flies em to Asia/Europe/wherever. And most carriers are flying to Asia from SFO/LAX which is 1.5-2 hrs further, and more gas. That gives Delta a strong competitive advantage, even though LAX will always be an international hub just due to the nature of the huge number of people that live there. For whatever reason, Alaska did not want to be exclusive with Delta, perhaps with their own dreams of expanding beyond the west coast (and at this time Virgin and Jetblue were starting to really come into their territory, too). Delta is jealous and spiteful and the plan doesn't work unless you can get people to Seattle, so they say gently caress it, we'll terminate everything, expand into the NW and come take all your high yield flying and give you some real competition. At this point, Delta has taken about 40% of the Seattle market share and it's a major strategic base for Delta as well. Alaska of course bought Virgin but doesn't seem to be sure of what the hell they want to do with it, appear to have laid over and played dead within Seattle, and long term I'm very curious to see what they do.

The Slaughter fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Oct 28, 2018

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
Been 6666 plenty of times. Fine by me. 0666 would be more concerning...

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever
Good luck! I interviewed for line check airman last week.
Coming up on my 1000 TPIC... Atlas app will be going in the second I hit it, as well as updating all the rest of mine...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever

Animal posted:

1,000 TPIC? Come to Atlas, get that sweet Boeing type rating, get hired at a legacy before you even finish consolidating!

That's the idea. If I can't get Globe or Purple to call me quite yet, I may as well get a new type and sit somewhere more comfortable and... safer to the musical chairs of this industry as you never know when the music stops. LCA might change that, as racking up some LCA time would be worth it.... but if I don't get LCA, then meh.... time to move to better paying and more fun things.