Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
I don't see why they don't just put a seatbelt on the toilet and sell it as an extra seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!

Well a DA is a “decision” altitude not a minimum descent altitude. There’s nothing in the CFR stipulating how quickly you must make said decision and how fast you need to add power and pitch up. If, while still tracking the localized and glideslope and in the process of deciding, you notice the runway lights come into view, then you can land.

Just fly precisely. Less than one dot deviation on localizer puts your wheels over the tarmac when you cross the treshold.

INTJ Mastermind fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 23, 2018

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!

hobbesmaster posted:

So endangering my own life and property is fine!

The FAA (airline mafia) doesn’t care if you kill yourself or your friends in your little Cirrus. The purpose of the FAA is to prevent commercial airline accidents.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
Eh one of our young surgeons just died when the plane he was flying nose-dived into the ground seconds after lift off. From colleagues who worked with him in the operating room, he had passed out during an operation a couple of weeks before. He refused to seek medical attention so as to not lose his pilots license. We speculate he had another episode this time while flying and it was curtains.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!

e.pilot posted:

On the 200s you still have to put in the OAT from the ATIS/AWOS. It’s a high quality aircraft.

We have many computers on this ship, but they are not networked.

Many fine men lost their lives just because someone wanted a faster computer, to make their job easier.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!

Bob A Feet posted:

How do take offs for big airplanes work? Why wouldn’t they push to their temp/torque/whatever limit every time to ensure their is always enough thrust?

In a land or FADECs why not just firewall it?

We pay for whole runway, we use whole runway.

https://youtu.be/UZGXwbPfwQs

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
Jesus it’s a Q400 not the Space Shuttle. Three green? Flaps down? Okie dokie!

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!

overdesigned posted:

I got intercepted by F-18's over the Pacific when we had all the sun shades up and a laptop on the glare shield of our KC-130 with a movie going, once.

In my defense I was not yet a pilot at that point in my life.

Did they want gas?

How does that work anyway? I understand the whole male prong into female receptacle. More like for big operations, is there just a tanker orbiting somewhere where if you’re low on fuel you just swing by for a fill up? Or does everything have to be arranged ahead of time?

INTJ Mastermind fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jan 20, 2019

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
Most (all?) flight control systems measure the physical position of the flight controls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!

Burden posted:

1. This is their IATA code. American Airlines is AA

The obvious IATA Code “SW” was already taken by the time Southwest formed. So WN was a cheeky play at Northwest Airlines, who were NW.