Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Fake president meets legitimate criminal fake president who murders people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

All is well

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_may24

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

What would that translation be?

Les actualités faux?

Fausses nouvelles.

E. In the actual clip he says "contre-vérités" and "propagandes mensongères" but fausses nouvelles is the term for "fake news" and it actually predates this election cycle.

Phil Moscowitz fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 29, 2017

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

It could be the custom of solemnity and respect for the dead, in particular respect for people killed in wars, which basically all humans ever understand and participate in.

Or "American anthem etiquette." Yes, that might be it too.

E. in case it's not clear, this is the commander in chief of the military at the nation's most hallowed military cemetery while the national anthem is being played before a formal ceremony to honor the nation's war dead on a national holiday dedicated to the remembrance of war dead.

Phil Moscowitz fucked around with this message at 19:37 on May 29, 2017

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

PT6A posted:

This may surprise and amaze you, but: Canadians typically sing the Canadian national anthem as a crowd at Remembrance Day observances! Not every country has the same traditions and customs!

His demeanour does seem wildly inappropriate, but it would be so whether he was singing along or not, so I didn't understand why people were attacking the singing. Take a fuckin' chill pill.

It's cool dude, a whole arena of Canadians sang the US national anthem at a hockey game when the PA system broke so I am not amazed at all.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

NecroBob posted:

This is what I always think of when people cry about that.

http://terminallance.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/2013-05-28-Strip_Memorial_Day_2013_web.gif
Happy Memorial Day

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Keep on this rear end in a top hat please

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Madkal posted:

Dunno who the guy asking the questions is (I'm a Canuck) but I like him.

Heinrich, democrat from New Mexico, and yes

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

more accurate

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Yes but none of his investors are Russians, as his lawyers clearly stated.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

With a few exceptions.

evilweasel posted:

every one of those LLCs was incorporated in delaware!

The real issue:

quote:

The method is more common among the wealthy or famous in the buying of multimillion-dollar properties. For instance, President Obama and his wife are behind Homefront Holdings LLC, a corporation registered in Delaware which in May purchased the family’s home in the Kalorama neighborhood of Washington D.C. for $8.1 million, according to district property records.

When will we start investigating the true criminals here??

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, that was about the point he became more toxic than a Superfund site. Not saying anything shady is or isn't going on, but if I worked for a real estate company and was considering buying property from a Trump business, I sure as hell would do everything in my power to keep Trump's name far, far away from anything I was doing.

Sure and if that was your real concern you could, you know, not buy Trump properties.

However, if you were someone suddenly quite interested in circumventing bribery and emoluments laws by paying inflated rates for Trump properties, and reporting the official sale prices of those properties as "$10 and other good and valuable consideration" without anyone being able to know who you are or what you actually paid for those properties, then this is absolutely how you do it.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Xombie posted:

Even the literal, actual Reichstag Fire resulted in a political situation that only lasted a decade. A US Rep was already shot in the face a few years ago. You're not being ridiculous, just outright dumb.

lol yeah just a li'l political situation that was over in ten years, no damage done

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Is it that hard to create a facebook page and load it up with bullshit like that? Not crying "false flag" just wondering how hard it would be for idiots after the fact to whip one up to confirm the mob

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

No, this guy

It would be hard to have stuff backdated like that, I'd imagine.

I don't have an account, just looking at multiple sites all loaded with what seems like a freeper's caricature of "LOONY LIBRUL"

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Friends, it's time to come together as a nation and exterminate the enemy within

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Shooter is dead apparently.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Kaal posted:

The argument that Article III does not oppose term limits is simple: The Good Behavior language does not offer any clear mandate of such, and there are a variety of inferior courts that already do not observe lifetime appointment. Your counter-argument (that the framers intended Good Behavior during Office to mean lifetime appointments, and that some courts are neither supreme nor inferior courts) is much more convoluted. You might find that orthodoxy more persuasive, but it's hardly the only valid interpretation available. Pretending that SCOTUS is going to uproot the entire justice system before permitting Congress to impose term limits is an exercise in fantasy.

Get it through your thick skull that magistrates, hearing officers, tax court judges, and various assorted ALJs within the federal government do not wield the judicial power of the United States extending to all cases for which there is federal jurisdiction. Just because their powers are more limited does not make them "inferior courts" under article III, and in fact by definition their lack of jurisdiction excludes them from Article III altogether.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Moot due to it being past the 90 days of the band length right?

Correct. The effective date of the EO was March 16.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

haveblue posted:

Helicopters are en vogue because Duterte has boasted about personally throwing people out of them :shepface:

But that's a picture of a dead US paratrooper in Vietnam being airlifted out of the jungle?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

haveblue posted:

The Spice must go

lol

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Where are they getting this data from? I'm looking at the Dow Jones and it isn't showing a drop.

Does it say somewhere on the screen "delayed by 15 minutes?"

The markets have since rebounded and the Dow is back into positive territory anyway.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

The lovely reason is like everything else, it's a distraction and he will claim credit for something in it. As a nice bonus it will in some way embarrass or discredit the FBI, CIA, Democrats, or all three.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Person of the Year: the American Woman

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

I wouldn’t be surprised if it goes to his “reelection fund,” and eventually we will of course be told how much money Trump personally loaned that fund and needs to be repaid.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Well you see, his personal brand is what got him elected in the first place, and it depends on him having as much money as possible, so siphoning campaign funds into his personal bank account directly helps his re-election efforts and is totally copacetic.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Came to post this. That people actually think this in our country still amazes me.

How does he think the JYEWWS in public office swear their oaths?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

4 replies, 1 retweet. Getting ratio'd even when nobody knows you or gives a gently caress what you have to say.

I've noticed so many of these shitbirds have like 8,000 followers. I assume that's just a bunch of follow-back bots?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

they've moved on to praying at the Moore party

• Locked thread