Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
His wife hates him only slightly less than we do.
https://twitter.com/DaniellaMicaela/status/867057615926435841

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Hard to understand how an at large district can be so heavily weighed in favor of republicans but elect a democratic senator at least twice in a row. That's the same district isn't it?

Tester came in during the Dem wave in 2006 and incumbency makes a lot of difference.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/dril/status/757914951868485632

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Spaced God posted:

The Constitution defined treason as "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort" and is further defined in US Code as "Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere"

So I think "there needs to be a declared war" is correct. If it isn't, that's still what the GOP will use so that they won't try anyone for treason.

The Rosenbergs were executed, but the US didn't have a declaration of war against the USSR.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

SocketWrench posted:

That's because he needed support because he's loving scared of stairs....that's right, stairs

It just occurred to me that in the next 3.5 years we have a very good chance of seeing Trump fall down a flight of stairs. It cheered me up.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

haveblue posted:

I hope someone puts up a fourth statue to make the dog look bad, and then someone responds to that with a fifth, and in a few months all of Wall Street looks like a giant bronze game of Exquisite Corpse.

I hope someone lights off some thermite all over that loving bull.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

I don't know that much about Charlie Baker, but he seems like a pragmatic dude. First he comes out against Trump's Muslim ban by giving his Dem AG his full support, then this. It's probably what a lot or Republican governors will have to do to survive 2018.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Feral Integral posted:

Macron is basically a centralist rich-rear end banker. truly a bastion of whatever the gently caress

It's says right there in the article "liberal, global values".

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Ague Proof posted:

Republicans talk about Pelosi as if she's Machiavelli, ruthless and hypercompetent. How did she get this reputation?

Those are all true. She's very good at her job of keeping her caucus in line and herding cats. The problem with Pelosi is that she turns into a mushmouthed idiot whenever she's in front of a camera. Plus she hasn't been in power since early 2011.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

remusclaw posted:

Hopefully Trump goes public in support of it before they explain that to him.

You just need to convince Trump that PR wants on board because he's the president now.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

LtStorm posted:

https://twitter.com/dougbrown8/status/880842900577206272

I really hope this isn't the start of a trend.

Looking forward to the Altamont Free Concert 2017.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Long Francesco posted:

O'malley didn't abandon his post his term was up, and also he sucked and managed to piss off nearly everyone and couldn't have gotten reelected even if he was allowed to run again. As far as shithead republican governors go hogan isn't really bad at all, he's more oldschool fiscal republican and not the batshit crazy tea party types we see so much of now. I would be extremely surprised if MD complied with this.

He was a never Trump guy during the election, but he did come out strongly in favour of the Muslim ban.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Libertarian, just the rare kind that takes civil liberties seriously.

He's been very critical of the Temer government for it's deep austerity cuts. Why do you say he's a libertarian?

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
No one has mentioned Carter Page yet. I'm gonna guess him.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

Is trump associated with a single person who might be considered "good"?

What are your thoughts on Tom Brady?

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

boner confessor posted:

lol

huffpo is... bad? :confused:

Has it ever been good?

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

mcmagic posted:

I want to slap that person. The dumb dumb left is the worst.

Still think Joe Manchin should be primaried?

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Just realized that this whole mess is because Trump picked Sessions for AG based mostly on loyalty. Trump now loving hates Sessions because in Trump's mind he's responsible for the whole Russia investigation.

Trump nominating Sessions may be one of the worst decisions he makes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

I'm kind of worried about 18-24 YOs. Like, what the hell you weirdos. What's with that downturn there?

I'd guess a very small, inactive demographic that's skewed by politically active young evangelicals.

• Locked thread