Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Trey Gowdy looks like a newborn baby that hasn't been dried off yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

evilweasel posted:

good to know donald trump is still considered a senior administration official
"Donald Trump is the most loved president by all the Muslims, just the best. And he has very large hands," said an anonymous White House official.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

It's been said, but holy poo poo that audio. :stare:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Agreed, Trump is a terrorist.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Trade not being in numerical order is triggering me.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

terrorist ambulance posted:

So the theory of his middle East trip being connected to the Qatar / SA rift is confirmed. On a long enough time line he really is going to confirm absolutely every theory about him by posting proof of them on Twitter
@realdonaldtrump
Prostitutes were peeing on bed, not me! Do not listen to FAKE MSM!

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Mulva posted:

.......you people do know that the United States didn't start after WWII, right? There is an entire rich history of tremendous gently caress up Presidents from before that time, right? Like even more venal and corrupt than Trump, arguably even more stupid,
Maybe if we're counting Wilson after the stroke or Reagan after Alzheimer's. Maybe.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Nazzadan posted:

I believe it was linked 2 or 3 pages ago and I've seen it linked multiple times on twitter.

I haven't seen a news source talk about it though, but honestly no news station should be giving the pee story the time of day
It should come up during the fluff news segment part of the broadcast.

"Up next, a local dog who loves to skateboard! And the President was peed on by Russian prostitutes."

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

So I missed the last hour of Comey testimony, but to sum up, it sounds like the anonymous reports we've been hearing about in the news on the firing and Flynn were confirmed, Mueller's probably got a lot going on behind the scenes, and the conservative response is that KC Green "this is fine" cartoon?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Oh, and the Republican line is that Trump is too stupid to understand anything he's doing.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Wait, I thought that yesterday Comey's statement to this effect entirely validated Trump? :allears:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

ought ten posted:

This is actually a legal finger crossing thing where Kasowitz is going to see he was never talking about PRESIDENT Trump and then reveal his flawless real defense
You see, as PREDISENT DONALD of the family TRUMP, I am not subject to your admiralty court and cannot be judged by the laws of this unconstitutional government.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Given that we're talking about Trump, I wonder what he'll tweet in response to the Republican line that he's too dumb to obstruct justice.

"Knew exactly what I was doing when I told Comey to let Flynn go, then fired him!"

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Mustached Demon posted:

I'm a millennial who doesn't own a house. I'm building one though. :smugdog:
Well maybe you'd build it faster if you set down the avocado toast. :colbert:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Oracle posted:

Oh God Trump is going to privately tell Sessions to fire Mueller or he's fired then fire Sessions publically for firing Mueller, isn't he. The biggest best bus-throwing ever.
That seems a shade too clever for Trump. He'd publicly tweet at Sessions to fire Mueller, fire Sessions for firing Mueller while claiming he never made the first tweet, then tweet again to brag about how firing Mueller was his idea.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Mickey Mental posted:

Do you remember when Joplin got hit hard by tornados during Obama?

Remember him touring Joplin and giving a heartfelt speech at the memorial.

Now, picture Trump in a similar situation.
Wonderful state, Missouri. They voted for me in the last election, you know. The biggest landslide ever, some say.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Fitzy Fitz posted:

People are still talking about Kathy Griffin. They'll probably be talking about this for a while. Town halls are probably over for a while.
People (in the right wing) are still talking about loving Chappaquiddick. The right-wing bubble isn't a bellwether for what the rest of America cares about.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

'I never thought guns would be shot at ME,' sobs congressman from the Guns Shooting at People Party.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

quote:

Donald J. Trump ✔‎@realDonaldTrump
The Chinese want to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
17:59 - 15 Jun 2017
Checks out.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

nine-gear crow posted:

The thought of Trump just meandering up and down the halls of the White House screaming "I'M NOT UNDER INVESTIGATION!" in increasingly angry tones into any open door he bumbles across is just delightful.

Chris Hayes was right, the man is still a living dril tweet.
"I'm not under investigation! I'm not under investigation!" I continue to insist as I slowly shrink and transform into a matryoshka.

E: Dawg.

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 16, 2017

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

skylined! posted:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_jun21

noted garbage (R) leaning rasmussen has trump down to 45% today with approval index of -14
Wonder if he'll tweet this one. :allears:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

The best mountain is Mount Sunflower, the highest point in Kansas:

(Kansas, though flat, gradually slopes down to the east, so the "highest point" is an otherwise unremarkable spot near the western border.)

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Haha, what was up with this guy:

edit: :lol:

quote:

In January 1999, at Kingswood Regional High School in Wolfeboro, Smith announced that he was a candidate for the Republican nomination for President of the United States (at the time the front-runner was Texas Governor George W. Bush). In July, after failing to gain any ground in the presidential race and before any primaries or caucuses had taken place, Smith announced he was leaving the Republican Party and would seek the nomination of the Taxpayers' Party. One month later, Smith left the Taxpayers Party after claiming that ideologues within the party resisted his candidacy due to his Roman Catholicism and announced as an Independent. He withdrew completely from the race in October and endorsed Bush.

In the meantime, Republican Senator John Chafee of Rhode Island had died and thus the chairmanship of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works had re-opened. Smith recanted his repudiation of the Republican party, claiming it had been "a mistake" and claiming that since he had never officially changed his voting registration that he had never left the party. Smith was then elected as Chafee's successor to the chairmanship.

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jun 23, 2017

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Thomas no doubt concluded that the threat of the Barbary pirates is too great to allow Mahometans and Moors into the country.

BlueberryCanary posted:

Supreme court set to take up and bungle important lgbt rights case
On this one at least, gay rights is, like, Kennedy's thing.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Lightning Lord posted:

I guess the new GOP talking point is that Putin did interfere but to try and help Hilary? Because uranium?
Literally going with "No puppet, no puppet, you're the puppet"?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Yawgmoft posted:

I know this is from ten pages ago but you don't have direct messaging- just FYI for everyone here Grant wasn't a drunk, and no subordinates back up the claim. It was a rumor spread by some higher ups in the beginning of the civil war to detract from what a better job he did than them winning battles, and then got tied into lost cause mythology.

E: if anyone would like to learn more, please read Mighty Scourge by McPherson.
Are you saying the Animaniacs lied to me? :colbert:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Sloober posted:

They see it but don't give a poo poo, it's not blindness
Something about Trump attacking women in particular really speaks to them, for some unknown reason. :iiam:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

"Maybe it wasn't worth coming back from the Moon for this."

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Majorian posted:

IIRC, the current one is made by Halliburton.

Just in case anyone needed to feel even less great about stuff.:laugh:
Zero Halliburton, which is a different company that makes cases. :eng101:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

The conscience of Nixon and the brain of Reagan.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Separate from any other thoughts on what CNN did, I do think it's telling that the worst possible thing in these guys' (and let's be clear, they're all or almost all guys) minds is having their real names associated with their lovely opinions.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Pence is googling "25th amendment" for, as he says, "no particular reason".

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

How long before party flacks start going full "Hitler did nothing wrong"? I mean out loud, I know Bannon writes it in his journal every day.

Fake edit: Just remembered that Spicer already went there.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

PT6A posted:

What the gently caress world are these people living in where arugula and Dijon mustard are elitist? It's lettuce and a condiment, not champagne and caviar for gently caress sake.
Arugula? Dijon? What kind of gay commie European languages are those? We speak American, boy, this president thinks he's too good for that. :clint:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I step away from the Internet for a few hours to get actual work done and Donald Jr. goes and Sideshow Bobs himself and his father's campaign? :psyduck:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

mod sassinator posted:

I have to imagine a nothingburger would be a piece of the finest prime grade beef, seared and charred beyond recognition into a briquette of charcoal, doused in Heinz ketchup, and slapped between two awful buns. Just like Trump loves his steaks.
Wait, is a nothingburger a burger without the patty, or with nothing but the patty? I've always assumed the first one.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Pellisworth posted:

Kremlin spokesman: we didn't offer Trump Jr. any dirt on Hillary but we did show him this video of Russian hookers urinating on the bed Obama stayed in while Trump Sr. rubs his tiny hands together and breathlessly moans dirty talk.
Hannity: The fact that Russia admitted this proves that there's nothing wrong. I love pee and take showers in it all the time, why are liberals against something from the human body? Do we have proof that no one ever peed on Hillary, hmm?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Robot Hobo posted:

The accusation that this was all some kind of Democrat honeypot is baffling to me. If it was a trap, it was baited with promises of wildly illegal and unethical collusion, and that bait was gleefully taken. How is that a defense? Pedophiles don't get to claim vindication when it turns out the 9 year old boy they were coming to meet for sex is actually an undercover cop.
Don Jr: I thought she was 18! *releases chat log of him saying "So you're 16? I love having sex with minors!"*

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 11, 2017

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Mantis42 posted:

We'll know the Piss Tape is real when Hannity lectures us on watersports being legal.
Mike Cernovich will film himself dumping a bucket of piss over his own head while asking "Does this trigger you, libs?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Every time I read a Trump transcript I'm not sure if he's having a stroke or if I am.

• Locked thread