Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
lol hannity https://twitter.com/ALT_uscis/status/867094605505765376

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Xibanya posted:

pls put https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com in OP and maybe even my https://xibanya.github.io/frontpages to help everyone popping in going "what's going on?!?!?!"

Oh, I like your page

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

BiohazrD posted:

someone post the ORB

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

tehinternet posted:

Just had a Trump supporter tell me that he didn't care if he were dirty or not because "you've got to get dirty to change things."

My colleague started sending me links to Seb Gorka tweets as soon as the Manchester attack happened yesterday :(

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/867126424691515394
:baby:

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

Drone posted:

Can someone explain the old joke about Sean Spicer and his anime waifu bodypillows?

Sounds like a meme to me. 4chan likes anime waifu pillows, and they tend to project all kinds of poo poo onto everyone, especially those unfavored by their current queen.

(Obviously I've never heard the joke, so I have no idea what you're talking about)

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

boner confessor posted:

so the trump women didn't cover their hair for the king of saudi arabia but they did for the pope

or is melania just projecting real hard here by preemptively sporting her mourning wear

https://twitter.com/Louiseontwitr/status/867287155202281473

"Hide me. Get me out of here!"

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

Raylen posted:

I don't see Trump breaking alliances

Except that not a single ally trusts this country anymore, because their leader can't keep his mouth shut. It may not officially break alliances, but it sure as hell broke people's trust.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

Meme Emulator posted:

Timothy MacVeigh blew up that bomb because of Waco too, it had a big impact on the country

I highly recommend this documentary about Ruby Ridge, Waco, and MacVeigh: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6333090/

It's on Netflix

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

hanales posted:

Alright this kind of makes me angry.

https://www.facebook.com/berkeleybreathed/photos/a.114529165244512.10815.108793262484769/1577899202240827/?type=3&theater

If the image embed doesn't work, it appears Trump has sent his lawyers after Berkely Breathed for "unauthorized use of his image".

What the gently caress?

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

RandomPauI posted:

I can't get the page to load, what's the name of the documentary?

Oklahoma City

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

Teddybear posted:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jared-kushner-now-under-fbi-scrutiny-russia-probe-say-officials-n764826?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

NBC News reporting that Kushner is under FBI scrutiny. This was bounced around last week but this is the first american news org to put it out there, I think.

Also reported by WaPo https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...a4a8_story.html

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

Thread title:

Trump Thread II: Feral pigs

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

Tayter Swift posted:

Possible sources of that quote:
* Trump
* Kushner himself
* Ivanka
* Bannon, looking to frame him

Sounds like a Conway quote to me

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/WilliamTurton/status/868578244718723072

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

buglord posted:

This is actually a pretty good speech. Obama had a way of sounding too technical and disconnected.

Uhm, only if you ignore the fact that every single statement he makes is a lie.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

Here they come, obedient GOP servants bowing to their supreme leader
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/870367998531567617

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

moostaffa posted:

Here they come, obedient GOP servants bowing to their supreme leader
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/870367998531567617

aaand another
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/870371489350119424

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

EwokEntourage posted:

Why did Nicaragua not sign on? I get that Syria is a little preoccupied, but what's with Nicaragua

They didn't think it was tough enough: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/jun/01/debbie-wasserman-schultz/are-nicaragua-and-syria-only-countries-not-sign-pa/

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

We must look positively insane to the rest of the world.

Oh, you do

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

Make Our Planet Great Again
https://www.pscp.tv/w/1jMKgoodLyqKL

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

I was really worried about them

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

It is the new normal, yes.

Remember that the "Great America Alliance" doesn't have to disclose who is funding those ads either!

It's so hosed up that this is even legal

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

Dick Trauma posted:

It will be a boring pas de deux between Comey and the right wing shitbags that want to talk about leaks leaks leaks.

Don't forget about unmasking and Benghazi

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

Rigel posted:

This is wrong and has been explained before. Again, even though the Senate said they will write their own bill, they technically still have to vote on the house bill. What they will do is vote on an amendment that will literally rip every single word out of the house bill and completely replace it with their amendment. It will still be technically voting on a bill passed by the house, but not really because the amendment will have completely re-written it.

This system is so loving broken

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

A bit back but

Rubio in particular is of note.

For the first time ever

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

Fart City posted:

God, could you imagine if Trump was actually good at being corrupt? I mean for real, how many of the scandals that have cropped up in the administration so far have been self-inflicted? Like all of them?

Yep. Every single issue this administration has had, has been created by themselves. No wars, no economic crisis, no natural disaster, no terrorist attacks. Yet.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

seiferguy posted:

Obama never really had an outbreak / major terrorist attack. He had the war in the middle east inherited. The worst things were probably what, Hurricane Sandy and Sandy Hook?

B E N G H A Z I

Ebola.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

Ogmius815 posted:

This is nearly twelve hours old. Don't post tweets that old in this thread unless they are super obscure. This tweet has probably been posted 20 times today.

A repost is better than a complaint about the repost. It's also better than this post :/

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

awesmoe posted:

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/876900230691553280
that awkward moment when you have dozens of staff paid to do your communications for you but you dont trust them so you typo the name of your candidate

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/876902668828004352

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

BlueberryCanary posted:

Seripus question, because i honestly don't know: if he did try to hang himself, wouldn't there be bruising around his neck?

Bruises heal over time.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

nachos posted:

lol at Louise Mensch in the comments
ftfy

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

Soylent Yellow posted:

The "Get Your Inheritance Early Act"

The Kill Bill

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

Endorph posted:

between being saved by rand paul and dying, im feeling very conflicted

"saved". They'll just remove MORE poo poo and he'll vote for it.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

I highly recommend watching the show The Polar Sea on Netflix. Especially episode 8 (Melting Land) which shows the real effects of global warming in the arctic. It's REALLY loving scary.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/reenaroy/status/880870722964475908

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

Charliegrs posted:

Almost every thread I read about healthcare there's always someone from Europe/Canada/Australia etc that has a very similar reaction to what you had about tax brackets.

They are like "Wait, so you guys actually go broke and or bankrupt over your medical bills?" Or even something just as simple as "You guys actually pay out of pocket for health care even if you have insurance??" And it makes me so sad because there are so many people out there in these other countries that to them healthcare is such a simple thing that isn't the money vs your health proposition it is here. When they need care, they just go. They can't fathom how it is here. And we will probably never know what that's like.

I've said it before, but if you get injured and the first thing on your mind is how this might possibly bankrupt you instead of getting fixed up then we have no right to call ourselves the best country on Earth.

I've lived in Norway, France, and now US. Two of the first things that truly shocked me when I came here was taxes and healthcare. Holy poo poo, it's like the loving stone age.

If I get seriously ill I'm out of here in a loving instant.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

This stands out to me:

quote:

Some top Republicans have come to believe, contrary to conventional wisdom, that tax reform stands a better chance if health care fails — so desperate will Trump and Republican leaders be for a victory.

I think it was brought up on Pod Save America last week too. Perhaps McConnell actually wants the health care bill to fail, because he knows they can't possibly improve on the ACA, so he can use that as leverage for the next big tax cut AND get some dems on board.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

Grouchio posted:

No news from Mueller's investigation this week? You'd think there's been progress since Comey's testimony last month.

People have this tendency to forget that people can do actual work without announcing their step by step progress in real time to media all the time.

Pollyanna posted:

I'm pretty sure the Mueller investigation will end up being a nothingburger anyway.

You seriously don't think these incompetent fools will be caught by some of the top lawyers and investigators in the entire country?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

Invalid Validation posted:

I feel sorry for whoever has to unfuck this administrations actions regardless of political leaning.

It will take decades to get back to pre-Trump.

• Locked thread