Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Woo down with censorship! #NoModsNoShackles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

We can't have a history-making week in politics every week...

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Rogue 7 posted:

He knows he just met the antichrist. Even if Catholics don't believe that's a thing? (I haven't been to Mass in like, 10 years)

The pope is a smart enough man to see through Trump's bullshit.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Slashrat posted:

Considering that at this point there are probably people willing to set her up for life just for leaving him, even if she herself remains completely silent during the process and afterwards, I wonder what exactly it is that makes her seemingly reluctantly stay at his side.

Maybe she's afraid he'll have her killed.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Apoplexy posted:

"Oh, Milo, you think you can troll again? You're never going to get any biters this ti--"

MOTHER FUCKER. HOW DOES HE DO IT EVERY SINGLE TIME. Hopefully he gets his wish and is crucified by outraged: Terror victims/Muslims/Ariana Grande fans/Ariana Grande herself

Why does he always dress like he's the victim of a mugging?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Prester Jane posted:

This is what the future of American education looks lie under Betsy Devos :smith:

Holy poo poo, no pun intended.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

they're late!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Yep. It's really, really bad.

$1.1 billion in estimated savings. This bill is screwed.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

It has to save $2 billion in order to pass to the Senate, I believe.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/24/upshot/how-to-read-the-cbo-score-of-the-health-bill-like-an-expert.html

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Lote posted:

It's not a 20% premium hike.

Next year, the high end estimate is 20-30% increase in premiums for the ACA.

The CBO forcast is 20-30% + an additional 20% premium hike.

So you're saying with this new bill, they expect a hike of up to 50%?!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Skyr posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/FLOTUS/status/867481059784626177

Melania is giving her heart to an Italian infant because she can't take this anymore

The twist: It's Donald's heart.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Have any GOPers come out in favor of these results yet? The spin will be terrible.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Jesus Christ, is there anyone in the GOP who doesn't have ties to Russia? Is this actually an honest-to-god gigantic conspiracy for once?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The way he snapped in an instant makes me think this probably isn't the first time in his life that he's assaulted someone...

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Hastings posted:

It is alarming that he just went off on a dime. There was no build up to his aggression and Ben Jacobs just asked a question, no tone or anything. This guy needs therapy.

That's the kind of rage that often leads to murder.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Trabisnikof posted:

This thread really cares about Republican Primary voters too much.

Their voting habits are tearing the entire country apart, so...yeah, I think they matter.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgyXCE_M7zk

Maaaaybe reconciliation is not possible?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

So... how does one go about determining this exactly?

That's a good question.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Florida Betty posted:

How's the AHCA on vision care?

Something something pluck it out.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This man is our loving President.

Obviously. He's the one on top after all.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This isn't entirely wrong. Poverty is often reinforced by habits that are the result of being in poverty in the first place. This includes normalizing living paycheck-to-paycheck, spending a windfall as soon as you get it, etc.

That's not to say being in poverty is one's fault, I per se.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

botany posted:

actually poverty is the result of not having any loving money thanks to the exploitation inherent in the capitalist system, einstein

Which is exactly why I said being in poverty isn't one's fault.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

rscott posted:

If friend Ben is such a great neurosurgeon why can't he remove poverty from minds?

He tried, but lobotomies are frowned upon in modern medicine.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

rscott posted:

Poor people live paycheck to paycheck because they literally do not have enough money to afford the things they need to live, they spend windfalls when they get them because there are a lot of things they need because they're poor!

Yes, I agree! I'm not arguing otherwise.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

THE BAR posted:

This might've been posted before, but I just love that little finger wiggling action that's going on here. :buddy:

My first instinct is to think this is faked, but I just can't be sure anymore.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

rscott posted:

If you agree why would you say that poor people's spending habits contribute to their state of poverty?

Because financial literacy is an important factor in the retention of poverty across generations. There's a definite skillset involved in knowing how to manage money effectively, and many people in poverty lack that basic knowledge through no fault of their own. For many people, even if they are fortunate enough to gain access to increased wealth, it often doesn't lead to an increased quality of life because they literally don't know how to handle it.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I doubt his lawyer recommended this.

So facts are STDs in this analogy?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This is exactly the kind of poo poo that worries me.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Xombie posted:

That's the confusing thing for me. I get how people become fascists. I just don't get how they become fascist and think that it's some type of libertarianism.

There isn't much thinking involved.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

FizFashizzle posted:

Trumpnjust ordered DOJ to investigate the leaks of the London bomb investigation.

That... actually seems like a reasonable step to take.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

He really is a complete poo poo.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Honest question but how do we actually recover from Trump wether or not he's impeached? We have entire federal departments like State with no one in it because the president and his lackeys didn't even know it was a thing that existed, an administration that literally cannot function or do basic math yet we have a sizeable portion of our population following behind them lock step. Whats to stop this from becoming the new norm, just electing people on who makes the other side madder and promises the most insane poo poo without anything behind it? Our president likely got elected with the help of a hostile foreign power and instead of people getting angry you have a portion thinking Putin is pretty neat-o now

Trump is a signal to the right wing that they can drop all their facades and still get power because their base has been trained so well. We have a GOP member running for office who literally beat up a reporter for asking about his stance on policies and the GOP doesn't even acknowldge it as a problem because they know they don't have to anymore at this point. Their base will think of reasons why the reporter deserved it and cheer them on

We just have to keep pushing back and hope things aren't truly that far gone. This is the greatest test of our nation in many years.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Apoplexy posted:

There is absolutely no way any time prior to this has been as bad as this. 20% of the country is heavily-armed, psychotic, and willing to go to full-scale genocidal civil war on a moment's notice.

There was that other civil war that I vaguely recall...

In the modern era though, I do think we're at risk of internal struggle more than at any other time. All the ingredients are there and it's *this* close to boiling over.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

pkay posted:

They are armed but they aren't willing to go full-scale genocidal civil war. They are scared which is why they brandish their guns in the street. These people are pussies straight up.

Most authoritarians are pussies. They so fear the consequences of allowing people to have freedom that they are willing to exchange it for a sense of security. The second they start to smell blood in the water, more will attack.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The 80s were hosed even if it had the veneer of respectability.

That's kind of the point though. Even the veneer of respectability can contribute to social cohesion. Once the general consensus is that the social contract is well and dead, that's when all hell really breaks loose. Perception is just as important as reality when it comes to maintaining order.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

This is an incredibly privileged perspective. That "social cohesion" never does poo poo for the people who are actually vulnerable in a society.

It doesn't solely matter what it does, it matters what the class in power thinks it does.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Things like this make me feel a little better about the situation.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

On an unrelated note, did anyone else's thunk smiley get replaced with one that looks like it was drawn while drunk using MSPaint? It looks terrible on mobile.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

theflyingorc posted:

He got played by the president of Tajikistan, a country i promise you Trump did not know existed before he became president

I'm not sure that most people outside of Tajikistan know it exists to be fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Supremezero posted:

Even ignoring that it's Rasmussen in it's particular bullshit depths

He's proud that under half the country approves of him?

It even looks like he's applauding himself in the picture.

• Locked thread