Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

This whole thing feels a lot more like political masturbation for Ryan than anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

It's real cool that the GOP voting base slavers at the thought of electing criminals and thugs.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

So is this the renewal of Mattering?

Unless Montana is hellbent on voting in a violent uncontrollable animal because they think bloodlust is a positive in a man running for legislative office... maybe?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

B B posted:

Fox News's president of programming asked Hannity to stfu about Seth Rich:

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/867587587258679296

Even better is that he is not going to do this at all.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

What the gently caress is he even talking about? What does terrorism have to do with food stamps?

Nothing, that's why he's talking about terrorism and not Mulvaney's Trump's psychotic murder budget.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Honest question but how do we actually recover from Trump wether or not he's impeached? We have entire federal departments like State with no one in it because the president and his lackeys didn't even know it was a thing that existed, an administration that literally cannot function or do basic math yet we have a sizeable portion of our population following behind them lock step. Whats to stop this from becoming the new norm, just electing people on who makes the other side madder and promises the most insane poo poo without anything behind it? Our president likely got elected with the help of a hostile foreign power and instead of people getting angry you have a portion thinking Putin is pretty neat-o now

Trump is a signal to the right wing that they can drop all their facades and still get power because their base has been trained so well. We have a GOP member running for office who literally beat up a reporter for asking about his stance on policies and the GOP doesn't even acknowldge it as a problem because they know they don't have to anymore at this point. Their base will think of reasons why the reporter deserved it and cheer them on

The total and indiscriminate annihilation of the GOP's voting demographics. Fresh out of ideas after that.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

empty whippet box posted:

I need montana results! Are there exit polls?

Not until 10 est last I recall.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Wark Say posted:

I forget, who is the ghouliest (most racist) of them all? Sessions or Gorsuch?

Sessions is the guy who joked about liking the KKK until he found out they were okay with weed.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Zil posted:

They had to pass that, the helicopters that were previously used for hunting were scaring the hogs away.

Also it is a whole lot better than the warfarin laced poison they were planning on using. The poison came with the requirement that the corpses had to be buried 20 feet underground to prevent it from making it into the food chain.

Even better is that the state rep who was told about this by a concerned farmer suggested the solution was to change the poison's warning label.

Living in this state is knowing that a catastrophe is just around the corner because your representative have maggots for brains.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Feral piggies are a goddamn menace and lighter than air vehicles own / have excellent loiter capability.

It only takes on wrong shot, you know.

It shall be within our lifetimes that we witness the beginning of the Balloon Wars.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I suspect you may have an ulterior motive for denigrating swine-hunting methods.

I want to shoot giant hogs - and hopefully get shot while shooting giant hogs so I never have to worry about getting eaten alive by giant loving hogs.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

Humans seem to have hosed up texas pretty comprehensively, I say give pigs a chance

Just what we need, less police oversight.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

You're all wrong.

It was bears.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

cochise posted:

Doesn't help that humans killed off all the predators that would normally keep the hog population in check.

All we have left is a perpetual hunting season to murder the poo poo out of every hog in sight. Probably won't even work since they reproduce fast.

Hell yeah, time to usher in the aporkalypse.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/867887777135964160

We decided to do this for... some reason?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

Countdown to the Embargo on Cuba returning...

It really goes to show that Trump is a symptom - a bloated, toxic one which smells like rotten pus - of the larger problem that our leaders are just kind of wretched, stupid, and worthless all around.

Since Franken's decided not to run in 2020 I feel fine making this generalization.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Fair enough. On another topic:

https://twitter.com/TopherSpiro/status/867864915595239424
https://twitter.com/benwikler/status/867890663010037761

stdh.txt, or a golden opportunity?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/TPM/status/867831844649091072

quote:

A Republican political operative in Florida asked the alleged Russian hacker who broke into Democratic Party organizations’ servers at the height of the 2016 campaign to pass him stolen documents, according to a report Thursday by the Wall Street Journal.

In return, that operative received valuable Democratic voter-turnout analyses, which the newspaper found at least one GOP campaign consultant took advantage of the information. The hacker went on to flag that same data to Roger Stone, a longtime confidant of Donald Trump’s who briefly advised his presidential campaign, and who is currently under federal investigation for potential collusion with Russia.

The Wall Street Journal’s report presents the clearest allegations to date of collusion between people connected to Donald Trump’s campaign and Russia.

Cybersecurity experts were sounding the alarm as early as last July that Guccifer 2.0, which had tapped into both the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic National Campaign Committee, was connected to the Russian military intelligence apparatus. However, in September, Florida GOP consultant Aaron Nevins wrote to Guccifer 2.0 to tell the hacker to “feel free to send any Florida based information,” according to the Journal.

Guccifer 2.0 ended up passing Nevins 2.5 gigabytes of stolen documents, including information about Democrats’ get-out-the-vote strategy in Florida and other swing states, the Journal reported. Nevins then posted the documents on his blog, HelloFLA.com, under a pseudonym.

The stolen documents Nevins published on his blog and then passed along to Florida journalists included detailed analyses commissioned by the DCCC of specific Florida districts—reports that revealed how many dependable Democratic voters, likely Democratic voters, and frequent-but-not-committed voters resided in each area.

Stone told the Journal that while he did receive a link to Nevins’ blog from Guccifer 2.0, he didn’t share the stolen data published on the blog with anyone.

The Journal originally reported that one Florida Republican campaign consultant said he used the stolen information. The newspaper initially said a campaign consultant for U.S. Rep. Brian Mast (R-FL), Anthony Bustamante, ramped up his TV ad buys and dialed back a mailer effort. The Journal subsequently updated its story to reflect that a Mast spokesman said Bustamante stopped working for the campaign in June 2016, months before the stolen documents were published, and noted that it could no longer reach Bustamante.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Oh look, the polling places in Fulton have been shaken up.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/fulton-changes-district-poll-spots-after-unforeseen-circumstances/kU9onYZzOOPXFCqw1kKGoM/

quote:

Voters in north Fulton County must go to a different polling place to cast their votes in the upcoming runoff.

Fulton County announced on Wednesday that is changing the locations of 12 polling places for the June 20 election when voters will decide if Jon Ossoff or Karen Handel will fill the congressional seat in Georgia’s 6th District.

The county cited “unforeseen circumstances” as to why the locations changed.

“The locations will either be undergoing renovations or have scheduled events. The timing of this election is causing us to make these changes,” Richard Baron, Fulton County’s director of registration and elections, said in a statement. “I strongly encourage residents to take a moment to verify if they are affected by the changes prior to Election Day.”

Fulton County says it mailed 109,296 notification letters to voters on Monday and that concerned residents should check online to find out if the changes affect their polling place.

Who could have ever expected this.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

skylined! posted:

I'm really appreciating these tips.

The tidbit about the bowels is particularly useful.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Unzip and Attack posted:

Yeah sorry if a candidate I supported committed an unprovoked assault on a reporter then lied about it in a public statement the day before the election I would not vote for them. I realize most votes were previous to this but unless Quist won 90%+ of votes cast on election day, my point stands. The people who went to the polls and cast their vote for a literal criminal today can't be "won over" via platform changes.

They boasted about it, too. In case anyone forgot.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Did you have to make a paragraph out of every sentence?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

citybeatnik posted:

I appreciated the Cato the Younger reference you made several pages ago. Just felt like I should point that out.

Schizo's been on a roll tonight and I'm torn between excitement and terror.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/mikememoli/status/868146351175020544
:shrug:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Goddammit. This guy literally ordered the people of his country to get murdered. How many thousands of people have gotten murdered so far? You ain't in a position to make jokes, you dipshit. G'ah! :argh:

'Jokes'.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Krispy Kareem posted:

Russia wanted Trump just to get rid of sanctions. They have no loyalty to him.

Maybe they can make a deal with Pence in exchange for the piss tape.

Edit: where did the 'nothing matters' start? Was it SNL or did someone say it before then?

Literally began on election night.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/868517059407335424

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Crows Turn Off posted:

Do you think this Russia stuff is ruining the lives of Jared Kushner (and in turn Ivanka) and Donald Trump? How about Pence? I hope they're absolutely miserable all the time.

Mike 'obey all orders without question' Pence is too dumb and too obsessed with flaunting his own authoritarianism to care that much, I think.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/868616067517730816

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Convergence posted:

You need to start lobbying your countries to sanction the US

It's not like our own government is going to do anything but make us miserable anyway. Go nuts on us, rest of the world.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Kit Walker posted:

This is true. I don't think anyone actually knows what he sounds like

It is very unremarkable.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

twice burned ice posted:

This is really insidious.

He's tweeting to make sure his base knows that the only source of REAL AUTHENTIC TOTALLY NOT FAKE news is from his fat loving fingers.

Pretty sure they think like this already and Donny T is just bitching out any potential lawyers who suggest vetting his moron tweets.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Yes lets expect a statement on Portland from the people who edited the gay away from Luxembourg.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Jeez even Tillerson knows how much of an ugly loving American Trump is.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

A lovely Reporter posted:

Thread rules have been updated.

Honestly I can't imagine most people do anything but skip to the last page of the thread, but I admire your active oversight of USPOL 2017 the Trump thread.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Seriously though, does anyone know what this could be? It looks like an alarm, which room is that?

It's probably nothing, maybe a fire drill, but man does it look ominous.

It's the dining room, no I can't think of a reason to have strobe lights in there.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

New Republican party platform: abortions are legal if it grows a vagina.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what happend? why did he flee.

Started by a reporter asking for an example of fake news, gave the incredibly stupid example of people reporting on Trump's rude behavior at G7 and towards the Italian PM in particular, then started crying that they wouldn't act like good mouthpieces for the state when he got more and more pushback.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

quote:

“A better story would be to ask the accusers what evidence they have that I wear military medals on my law enforcement uniform,” Clarke wrote. “There is none. Then you should ask why they accused me of this after you tell them what the pins attached represent and ask if they want to apologize for slandering me.”

:downs:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

The guy who wrote a book about how we could have totally won Vietnam turns out to be a total poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

They were actively trying to steal his phone as he typed

This is one of those times where I would believe that actually happened.

Then again all I can think about is death, death, death I lust for Trumpdeath.

• Locked thread