Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Orange Devil posted:

I mean, yes, but the US also has a really embarrassing stiffy for the military in general.
That's why they do it, it's why ~strongmen~ everywhere do it. It gives them the glamour of authority and legitimacy. It works, for their audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

There's an alternative that he might let his staff talk him into not playing golf ("Jesus Christ Mr. President, everybody will go absolutely apeshit if you play golf while a gigantic disaster is going on :ohdear:") and instead sends petulant tweets for the entire weekend.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

WrenP-Complete posted:

https://twitter.com/PSBCap/status/901887857102610432

(I guess there's an aquarium separate from the zoo?!)

No way that came from Houston. For one thing the flood water is "fresh" and I'm pretty sure any regional sharks would die in it. I'm also in the Houston area and that location looks very out of place to me.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Wistful of Dollars posted:

(apologies if this was posted earlier and I missed it)

I really want this to be real.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/918309958411833344

It's pretty on the nose and I highly doubt it.

pictured: a dog

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

This should totally be possible and based on the citizens united ruling, is actually arguable in court.

It should be, corporations have steadily lobbied for the rights of the individual but few of the responsibilities :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Kelly right now: A much more polished stooge than Huckabanders but still a stooge.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Hatch spends his time with Sessions on mens rea ("right mind" legal concept) :thunk:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

seiferguy posted:

Look, if people want to wear adult diapers out in public despite not being incontinent, who am I to judge?

#allkinksmatter

I'd just like to point out that there is no proof that man is not incontinent

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

empty whippet box posted:

Am I crazy or is this guy scared shitless?

He was excruciatingly cautious in everything he said but I don't think it was quite fear, so much as just a completely reasonable urge to not gently caress up something really important that someone higher up hosed up real bad the other day

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

Hell, you could probably drive a sufficiently large pickup truck or cargo van into a section #6 or #7 at speed and just knock the fucker over with how top-heavy they look.

Unless they're way thicker than they look, any of these is gonna have stolen junker trucks smashed through them on the daily.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

The paradox is: if one side is saying "Blood and Soil! America is a White Country! We need to Ethnically Cleanse our Land!" and the other side is saying "Racism and bigotry are problems in our society we need to correct."

What does the "centrist" believe?

Seriously, any time anybody - in particular, politicians - find themselves standing on the same cliff as the literal, honest to God swastika-wearing Heil Hitlering Nazis, well, maybe you're not reeeeeeeeeally a centrist.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

empty whippet box posted:

This entire quote is utter nonsense holy poo poo

Examining any longish unscripted quote from Trump leads to the same conclusion, and not just the recent ones, any of them from any time period.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Dudes, Trump is not 270. He's more like 300+.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Deified Data posted:

I am 6'3" and 270 lbs and I do not have our President's beached manatee body. He droops and sags in ways only a heavier, lower energy man would.

I'm 5"11 and 250 (just checked) and I'm nowhere near the spherical form as Demlad Turnp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Boon posted:

The amazing thing about this to me is that his district doesn't really go for poo poo like this and I have no idea why he would say it.

I don't think he's talking particularly to his district. Right now he's probably rubbing his hands together saying "oh goody, I'm gonna be president!" :pervert:

• Locked thread