Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

:eyepop: :popeye:

This is the best thing I've read all year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

I did check when i posted, it has since been changed.

edit:

Actually, it's just the way the website presents on a desktop. It seems to be cropping out the top of the imagine with the twitter toolbar:

It's an aspect ratio thing. Resize your browser window and watch the yarmulke disappear and reappear, like magic. Do you think twitter makes you upload an ultrawide image of the exact right dimensions, and then it uses that everywhere?

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 24, 2017

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

JBP posted:

What on loving earth?

If you're both bound by love of God, you don't need to be bound by trivial earthly matters like contracts.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

If he just fell asleep while typo-ing a tweet, it probably hasn't been deleted because it's getting so much attention. He didn't catch it in time, and now he'd rather bask in the retweets than show weakness by deleting it. Or his staffers are afraid to make a decision like that 'cause he'd be mad that hia most popular tweet ever was deleted.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Yo can we not dump multiple unrelated tweets in a big rear end post please? I have twitter itself for that. I get it if they're all pertinent to a particular subject.

Disagree, PPJ's twit roundup posts are great, and superior to browsing twitter myself.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Yeah if a bunch of people were doing those constantly, it'd get annoying and drown out discussion, but the current pace is great. Provides fuel for discussion, and helps the thread focus on events other than the current derail.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Orange Devil posted:

Why are you pro capitalism if it is incapable of keeping people alive?

Capitalism can be made compatible with some things that aren't capitalism and can solve the problems that capitalism can't. We just need willingness to taint capitalism and reduce it to a small part of a hybrid.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

kartikeya posted:

Oh, but that's just 'some' dead people, no worries!.

Hey I don't think anyone in this thread has argued that the AHCA isn't very very bad. Nobody's argued that it won't kill a lot of people. Nobody's said that we shouldn't worry about the bill. Literally the only two points of contention have been "I'd like to reserve the word genocide for more specific types of atrocities" and "conflating the number of dead with the number of uninsured makes us unserious". After that it's just been people being defensive at each other back and forth. It's past time for everyone to lay off.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jun 13, 2017

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Not a Children posted:

It looks fuckin' awful but what's stopping Trump from simply not commenting?

Trump's own personality. The man make a tweet.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

trickybiscuits posted:

A friend of mine pulled out the "the Left needs to tone down the rhetoric" bit tonight. It turns out he doesn't know anything about Alex Jones. Can somebody link me to some video clips that are both horrifying and completely normal for his show?

When he responds that Alex is unrepresentative and fringe, reiterate that he has the ear of the POTUS.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Republicans can't consider impeaching him pre-2018, nearly no matter how bad it gets. As long as SOME percentage of republican voters support trump, those voters will see impeachment as an unforgivable betrayal.

Say Trump's approval fell to 15%, that's still probably about 30% of likely republican voters, and there are too many Senators and Representatives who can't afford to lose 30% of their voters. Primaries in the deep red states, staying home in losable general races. That's a more certain punishment than the punishment they're possibly getting for denial and party loyalty.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jun 16, 2017

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

---unrelated---

because I can't afford to see a doctor, and don't know if it's a cold, the flu or pneumonia.

The cold and the flu are both viruses, which antibiotics are irrelevant to. Misuse of antibiotics is why antibiotic-resistant bacteria are evolving. They aren't general-purpose "make sickness go away" pills.

I mean, random people taking antibiotics for a cold aren't having as big an impact as the more large-scale things, like food industries or entire countries misusing the stuff, but still.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Man, it feels like a decade but the inauguration was only last week. Can you believe it was only yesterday Trump was small-time discriminating against blacks in his apartments, and in a single day he's aged 40 years and become president? I remember earlier today I lost all my money on PredictIt for Hillary's election, but somehow I haven't starved to death yet. Can someone remind me what time? There's no such thing. The travel ban is back after ages in courts, but the horrible and complicated war the refugees are fleeing barely changes, probably, who's paying attention. My coworker complains about "the Muslim girls", our other coworkers, and my disapproving response hasn't stopped it. There are three new cashiers every week, but only the immigrants and the bigots seem to stick around. How many weeks was that? I need to quit before I've been here two years. I only applied because I heard this place offered health insurance to part time employees. They don't anymore. God bless America.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jun 27, 2017

• Locked thread