Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I started work this week so I'm not really following everything but today was

CBO came out and was bad as expected
Trump told someone where we have subs continuing his pattern of making GBS threads all over NatSec
I'm pretty sure he told that crazy Filipino president gj on his war on drugs
He's really tired

Did I miss anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Wasn't there a special election today too? What time do we find out results?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Please let there be video

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I'm in WV is that the west coast or am I an elite liberal?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Yes and he runs it less poo poo-awfully than his predecessors and when people talk about how the left needs to stop purity testing this is exactly what they mean. He is moving the Catholic Church in a positive direction. That's a good thing and should be celebrated. God is not actually real so the Pope does not actually have magic powers. He's doing what a mortal man can do with an ancient and sprawling institution.

I agree, let the pope eat all the pasta he wants :argh:

Yeah. I like what he's doing. Almost everything I see is him saying poo poo like "Stop raping kids," and "Maybe don't hate the gays, God loves them too." poo poo like that and it's awesome. A huge organization like that won't change over night but everything I've seen is very positive and steps in the right direction.

Of course if the pattern holds he will be replaced by some crazy person who starts a literal crusade ala Van Helsing.

(Obama -> Trump)

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Julio Cruz posted:

Depends, where's your nearest mountain?

(I mean a real mountain not one of those fake mountains that's just like a big rocky hill)

Um, pretty sure my nearest mountain is frat row.

[timg]http://imgur.com/a/5G4L8
[/timg]
Does that count?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

If he contacted the police it's probably pretty serious

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I've pretty much heard it as "Humans didn't evolve from monkeys but we've evolved from neanderthals and also animals can evolve like crazy."

Logic is pretty much that God can do anything so why the gently caress couldn't he make evolution a thing.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Tweet of the year

hanales posted:

Anyone else refreshing the guardian every 2 seconds to hear the video of Gianforte?

same but this thread

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Holy poo poo everyone owns loving Russian stocks. I shoulda got in while the getting was good.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

FourLeaf posted:

If he gets charged with assault, elected, and then convicted, would he resign, thus leading to another special election?

The new democratic plan. Run special elections draining GOP coffers and closing the gap until 2018

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Holy. poo poo.

I DON'T WANNA ANSWER QUESTIONS! WAHHHH

Try not becoming a loving politician then dick.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Moatman posted:

I was surprised too but that's exactly what it says in the bottom left corner of the Constitution

I thought the bottom left said see top right

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

The way he snapped in an instant makes me think this probably isn't the first time in his life that he's assaulted someone...

Hopefully his wife and kids come forward now.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

RZApublican posted:

Why do they put "-pede" at the end of the names of people they like?

John Oliver called them that or some poo poo

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

That was a drat good read. What are the odds he resigns in the morning?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Home from work, let me make sure I'm caught up on the days' topics.

Zuckerberg is probably running for something and is the perfect anti-Trump, a techbro is the next leader of the free world.
Trump got owned by Macron all day, handshake and uh, oh Macron laughed at him.
Trump shoved some other president to be in the front
Trump told NATO to pay what they agreed to and oh my God I agree with something he said gently caress.
Trump is going to start a trade war with the EU? I'm guessing he really doesn't like Merkel?
Mench is now a confirmed troll? Holy poo poo

is that loving everything jesus there's too much news these days

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

There used to be a thread where some crazy goon would chronicle his nocturnal wild pig hunts. If I remember correctly he used only a spear, and he was kind of sadistic about the whole thing.

holy poo poo I remember this. Didn't he graduate to a sniper tower with a drone that had a night vision camera to find them?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

What time do Montana polls close? Montana is central right? I could probably just google this but,

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Thanks bros

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I have Joe "West Virginia Democrat" Manchin and Shelly Moore Capito.

How do you think I feel?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

I had a professor who worked for John Cornyn. He then went on to clerk for Scalia :whitewater:

I would clerk for Scalia and I'm not a lawyer or Republican, but when you get the chance to work for SCOTUS you take it.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Oh definitely, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But still

Young Hegelian posted:

This is a ridiculous hypothetical, because my 1L grades would've needed to be a lot better, but I have no trouble saying I'd clerk for Scalia, Thomas, or Roberts, and I'm as poo poo-libby as they come. Alito, though. Man, I know you take the clerkship if offered, but I really loathe that son of a bitch.

If nothing else you'd get the chance to debate with someone who was capable of forming the best possible argument for whatever devil act he was about. It wouldn't shock me if liberal clerks changed their minds on a few things. I bet some conservative under RBG has changed a few views too.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

lmao wake up for a midnight snack and quist is getting the poo poo kicked out of him

america is dead rip

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Got some AP alerts last night that really set the mood.

I bet you loving did you piece of poo poo. I bet you loving did.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I hope Ben's response to the apology was to tell him to choke on a chode and that he'd see his rear end in court.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/GeorgiaDirtRoad/status/869532635957252096

Where the gently caress did they get that number? Source ur quotes billboard

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I'm going with made up because stats never end in a nice clean number like 250

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

TremorX posted:

It’s time to stop showing sympathy for Christianity and start calling it out for the atrocities it has committed.

You bastard

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

Remember that Hillary gave a speech about how she was the only candidate who had a plan for training out of work miners in coal country in new and emerging green energy industries, and literally the only thing that coal country actually heard was "we're going to put a lot of coal miners out of work", with everything else being white noise to them.

West Virginians are loving stupid and so hard for coal.

Source: West Virginian.

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/870401414903734273

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Majorian posted:

That's, uhhh... called an occupation. Which is a thing that can get messy.

pretty sure someone (TRUMP?) said some poo poo like this way back about Syria

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

Okay, but whats the excuse for leftists still saying that her speech was "gently caress all of you, I hope you die in a ditch. I really hate you on a personal level and want to laugh at your pain. Bye."

Because Hillary Clinton made the speech.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I asked my Facebook wall if anyone actually thought jobs would be created because we withdrew from the Paris Accord and the replies are uh, loving terrifying. Christ.

And peep this sick avi

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

Hillary was too centrist for me, but sign me up for Joe Biden :downs:

Not saying that he isn't cool, but I'm sure that there are a ton of people who would unironically feel that way

...but I want to have a beer with him

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

EDIT: This isn't the facebook thread my b

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

Oh, and the further topic of CA doing poo poo, here is everything that the state legislature has passed in the last 24 hours
https://twitter.com/hayesdavenport/status/870414521407463424
https://twitter.com/hayesdavenport/status/870415386767892480
https://twitter.com/hayesdavenport/status/870416104253906944

This is in addition to the single payer proposal that is currently being debated

So, what's the housing market in not-the-bay-area like?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Has McCain weighed in yet? Is he troubled?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, its just a nice little routine that I got "raised" on in my early drinking days of like get ready and pregame after dinner, go out around 10, bar hop a little if you want or check out a band or something, maybe go hook up, and meet back up around 3 or 4 for some food. It was weird learning that there were so many places where like 10 was late.

But as I said, I'm now old and just remember my glory days.

Where was this? I did pretty much the same thing in Hawaii. It was weird though, like some places closed at 2 a.m. others are 4 a.m. it felt like clubs were open longer than most bars.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

My favourite part of thinking into the future is that at some point a group of historians is going to be assigned to reading through the Something Awful Forums during the pre and post Trump era.

Actually I bet a sociologist could do a fascinating book or paper on SA or the Goonfleet forums. How the people on the forums aged and became more tolerant over time and stopped the unfunny ironic racism, sexism and homophobic-slandering as they aged and how new sites like reddit and voat appeared to fill the void. We've already seen reddit follow SA to a degree. It'll be interesting to see where it is in five years, and where voat is in five years.

Majorian posted:

Ahahahaaaaa! Yeah, that would be pretty galling.

That poo poo always happens though. My college (Occidental) got a brand new dorm with giant singles rooms and a nice gym immediately after I graduated. After I had lived in roach motels all four years. loving assholes.

Why the hell did you live in the dorms for four years?

Arrgytehpirate fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Majorian posted:

Apartments in Eagle Rock were expensive as hell and also really lovely when I was there (early-mid 2000's). Also I had a falling out with some friends halfway through, so~

Good reasons.

STAC Goat posted:

NYC and the greater metro area.

Yeah, usually you can find a kind of "bar/club/after hours" pecking order in some places. I spent a month in England and after a week or so I learned that there was a whole rhythm similar to what I knew. "Respectable" bars til 10, "dive" bars till 12 or 1, skeezy clubs till 2, kebabs from food carts after.

But in a most places I've been that weren't really densely populated or more rural its a lot more a case of needing to find the one crappy bar that's open or just finding a house party.

Yeah. We have the same sorta rhythm here. A Friday here is happy hour for food and beer at 5, nap or pregame at 8, club at 10, bars at midnight or 1. Late night eats at 3.

Josh Lyman posted:

A lot of schools, especially smaller ones, have nice dorms and students who live there throughout undergrad.

Heh. I wouldn't know about "nice dorms." Fake news!

• Locked thread