Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

So just what would happen if trump followed through on his election promise of shooting someone on 5th avenue in broad daylight? I know republicans would back him and all but like, do the police arrest him? Can they even do that without impeachment first?

I mean, I'm obviously using this as a proxy for when he incriminate himself numerous time and nothing comes of it, but I'm, I guess, a tiny bit serious. Sorta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Al Borland Corp. posted:

What color is the person

A sickly, muted orange these days.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

This is sooooo fake news.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The CLOUD is full of LEAKS.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Mr. Comey, why didn't you talk to the president like the toddler he is?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

#unfakenews

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

This guy is dumb AF, holy hell.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

5bux this moron asks about ***her emails***

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

EEEEEEEEEEEEEMAILSSSSSS

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Next tell us about how amazing it is that a republican won the ec.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Please tell me about the Clinton investigation
Pleass teall me about Clinton vestigation
Peass tel clinton estigation
piss te clintpin
piss tape

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

That's not a question I can answer, senator.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

You concluded one investigation, therefore you should conclude all investigation. And the conclusion should be the same. Why have not do this email Hillary electoral colllllllaagghhhh... ZzzzZZzzzZz

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Trump still gonna get re-elected, right?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I hate most of my politicians too, but your guys are freaking exhausting.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

That was all very entertaining.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Do you guys get some bread now?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yo, America, this full on fascist poo poo is getting pretty freaky. Can you guys, like, cool it a bit?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Something I have not seen written anywhere, but my theory (almost certainly correct) is that Trump doesn't fill appointed roles so that when poo poo hits the fan he can avoid responsibility. Often responsibility falls on those appointed by others, promoted during the tenure of other administrations or to career civil service or military personnel.

My theory is that he is as incompetent as he is stupid and ugly.

E: and selfish. And self consumed. And ugly.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I'm always impressed when I see my trashy friends' trashy paperback collection on proud display. I mean, at least they're reading. Or pretending to read. Or not dumpster diving, at the very least.

Lol, that's a lovely snipe.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Kekekela posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/908768057140629506

guess now he also likes the guys that did get captured

Good ol shoe.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Grapplejack posted:

I also find it dumb and annoying that you're expected to want to go nuts and do all sorts of risky poo poo and move cross country for jobs.

Some people just want a house they can go to every night, and that desire skyrockets once you hit your 30s but a lot of your prototypical Serious Business Men ignore this fact as hard as they can.

The point is that people are much more stuck with their job. poo poo safety net and garbage wages (coupled with increasing costs for housing, education, travel etc.) means quitting is a big deal. Also, debt. Lots and lots of debt. It's just a symptom of a society getting worse and wealth being more concentrated at the top.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

:allears:

Anyone got a YouTube link?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Asked my partner to get me some eggs and they forgot. If only I had some mechanism to allow me to forgive them. Oh well, time to sever.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Calibanibal posted:

Religion zingers are getting a little too spicy, someone will get hurt.

Hopefully anyone hurt is a Christian and will thus have a mechanism for forgiving the culprits.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ice Phisherman posted:

Not non-Christians. Atheists in particular. And I mean atheists as a group. Not as individuals.

Taking this specifically from a story I heard on the Ask an Atheist podcast.

The normal host was lamenting the fact that someone within their community who was competent at her job in (I think) the Tacoma Humanist organization was fired for lying about her lack of a four year degree. She got razzed for it too, but was otherwise competent at her job. She was having a hard time fitting back into the community and talked specifically about there not being some sort of social mechanism for forgiveness. Not on an individual basis, because people have agency and can do that, but as a group. He lamented that she'd hosed up, sure, but that a gently caress up shouldn't drat you forever, at least not for the smaller stuff. She couldn't fit back into the community and eventually left it all together. Competent at her job, lied about her credentials, got caught, got fired and was drummed out of the community as a sort of insult to injury. If this were some sort of Christian community the odds would be much higher of her being able to be accepted back into the group. She'd have to probably do some penance and work, but she'd get forgiveness from the group of a sort which would allow her to work her way back into peoples' good graces.

With Christians the beliefs are many and layered, and while people argue about what this or that passage means, there are beliefs that people can largely agree about.

Atheists have a single unifying thesis. No God. That's it. There are no other substantive claims that atheism makes. Atheism does intersect with humanism, but it's not humanism, though some atheists are humanists, and they do have theses beyond No God.

Oh, right, like how Christianity invented the idea that lying and cheating and killing is bad (scripture is pretty mum on rape, so I guess that's fine and doesn't require forgiveness) and in Christianity's absence we all just go around lyin and killin.

If only moral philosophy and mechanism for dealing with complex social interactions could somehow be devised by people and societies without one specific god handing them down from on high.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ice Phisherman posted:

Welp. This is what I get for sharing unpopular opinions on SA. :v:

We'd forgive you, but, ya know.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ice Phisherman posted:

Soulless monsters. Literally eating babies right in front of me. Takes all kinds. I get it.

Could be worse. I could have lumped you into a group you don't actively identify with and proclaim that you all lack one of the most universal human traits while very unsubtly hinting at the moral superiority of Me and My System.

But, yeah, takes all kinds! Lol smiley face.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

G'work, America. Fuckin' A.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

GreyjoyBastard posted:

no, they wouldn't

there are layers and layers of redundant and expedited communications to prevent just that

they fought a loving ground war after both sides had nuclear weapons without the use of nuclear weapons

edit: which isn't to say it's not a concern, but A) lol not with a US launch, and B) they wouldn't love to nuke each other you moron

I think you'll find that ~INDIANS~ and ~PAKISTANIS~ are bloodthirsty savages and only hold back from aimlessly launching nukes across their shared border because of how tough America is.

Plus, they have a history of war with each other and a complex border situation. Nothing like more responsible nuclear powers like, say, France and the UK.

E: my bad.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 21, 2017

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I'm not obstructing. You're obstructing.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Suburbs are terrible for cities and the environment. Just live in a condo and lobby your local government for good zoning and city planning.

Oh, what's that? You can hear your neighbours sometimes?! Yeah, better waste tons of resources so that you can live on a lovely lot in the burbs.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Uh, you going to be okay, America? We're all getting pretty worried and we really don't want Bibi's death throes to cause wwiii. Maybe we all just take a week off and relax. Clear heads and all that.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

enraged_camel posted:

america is going down the drain lol

was fun while it lasted

I have hope, friend. :canada: just recently broke up with our shithead Conservatives after 11 brutal years. I know you're doing some kind of apocalypse speed run (and your political alternatives are as teped as ours) but hope is better than despair.

Fight the good fight and maybe one day we our descendants can live on an orbital and smoke drug bowls all day.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Wait, are we mad about pussy or dick?

Also, if you alabamaramans could pull off one for the good guys it will go a short way in reducing the freaking out level of the rest of us in the world.

Like, we'd still be all

but it'd take maybe 3 Hs off.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Don't worry. Only like 30 percent of white people in Alabama need to do the right thing.

Seems easy!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

A black person's vote should count as 5/3 of a white persons vote

Or just don't let YT vote.

Can I say YT?

E:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Why does the sliver of ~0.4% republican lead lean on the needle come up darker red?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

highme posted:

It's the new paradox of the thread. Now when somebody mentions YT, are they referring to a homogeneous group of Caucasians, or YT?

YT owns YT.

Really makes you 🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Haha. "hope"

Aahahahhahahha

• Locked thread