Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Meme Emulator posted:

Can someone PLEASE tell me what the gently caress people are talking about when they talk about "ratio"

Ratio of replies to likes/retweets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mmm time to eat a big helping of lentils and check the Trump threa-

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Boon posted:

Also, I just wanted to say that Ben Jacobs is a big piece of poo poo who is certainly playing up the role of victim.

Act with some loving dignity and outrage instead of this sad sack role of 'I'm okay under the circumstances'

What the gently caress are you talking about

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Covok posted:

Knew it: the Republican is going to win. Republicans will double down knowing they can body slam reporters and still win. Welcome to a preview of 2018.

Toxx on it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Holy poo poo when did the brokebrains invade

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ein Sexmonster posted:

They've always been here.

I just meant they've all been popping out of the woodwork in the last few minutes or so

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

TildeATH posted:

Wait who are the broke brains now? The people who think losing is winning or the people who think losing is losing?

if you have to ask

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

BardoTheConsumer posted:

Wait I just had a brainstorm. It's a retarded drunken idea but bear with me.

What if the democrats all just jumped ship and joined the republican party, and then voted for the least lovely republican in all the primaries? We'd be a one party system but we are heading to that anyway because half the country would vote for Satan if there was an R by his name. Why are we not funding this?

And why don't they make the whole plane out of the black box, huh????

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

It isn't, and it's alarming that you think a bill should only be fully explained, no matter what the circumstances surrounding it, after advancing it.

That is what the Senate republicans are doing right now.

You're an idiot if that's what you think that sentence means

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Glazier posted:

I'm too much of a wuss to do either, I'll just go through the motions until I'm executed in the street.

how do people keep falling for you

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

pacmania90 posted:

It's interesting that so many people here have changed their opinion the morality of the death penalty, or this thread would be full of hypocrites.

I'm anti-death penalty but I hope John McCain's brain explodes

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Go away

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The symbol means the ad is from Google AdSense, which tailors ads based on your browsing habits.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lol conservatives are losing their minds over this

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Blitz7x posted:

NRA will be thrilled that gun ownership is about to spike

not when the people buying guns aren't white

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm mostly just shocked Donald Trump even knew that Washington and Jefferson owned slaves

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My dad was in Vegas at the time and loves music festivals so I was pretty worried for a hot minute.

Man, gently caress this.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ahahaa holy poo poo

I'm laughing to hide the pain from realizing he still has a decent chance of getting elected

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Glazier posted:

Except for 2nd Amendment rights of course.

lol they'd love to strip those away

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rigel posted:

touting his time as a prosecutor locking up the KKK.

I thought we wanted him to win

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

empty whippet box posted:

I'd love to see a breakdown of conservative 'boycotts' and their actual effect, I wouldn't be surprised if most of them actually helped the companies they targeted.

All I can think of is all the times they tried to protest Starbucks by buying Starbucks.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Starshark posted:

You guys dumping on the person who didn't want to vote for Hillary are the reason Trump's going to be a two-termer.

gently caress yeah, let's hash this out again

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Kilroy posted:

What if - bear with me here - what if we approached elections as a thing we tried to win rather than something to be run in such a way that our primary motivator for turning out the vote is shame? What if we regarded winning as fundamentally more important than plausible deniability when we lose?

Instead of blaming people who stayed home for not caring enough about others (although there is blame to go around there, it hardly seems productive to make it the focus), we blame politicians for not inspiring the turnout? Especially when, once elected, they typically do the bare minimum to protect minorities anyway? Obama certainly did more for extrajudicial killings than Trump ever will, but he could have been President for 50 years and he'd have never solved the problem, the way his Justice Department was going.

We should all demand better, and if we don't get it then we should make sure there is a price to pay. Part of that price is kicking out the fuckers who don't deliver.

I mean there is a time and a place for changing people's minds and showing leadership in that sphere, and in fact a political campaign is a great time to do that. Too bad most Dems don't do that either and Hillary was certainly no exception to that.

No one wants to argue this with you

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

NothingMatters posted:

Any of them because no one believed a single word that two-faced shuckster said.

I didn't realize ThisIsWhyTrumpWon reregged

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Kilroy posted:

I don't go around informing people who don't agree with me that they're actually Republicans.

Who said this, legit curious, because I've been following this dumbass argument back the last several pages and no one brought it up

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That's not the same thing lol

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Starshark posted:

They don't think that you loving moron, they just didn't turn up to vote for Hillary. If you're too stupid to keep up with the discussion, please don't post - we're not missing anything.

yes they did

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You're telling me that fewer black people voted for the candidate who wasn't the first black president and more white people voted for the open white supremacist? Well, that just doesn't make sense!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Starshark posted:

The problem isn't that idiots voted for Trump, the problem is not enough people turned up for Hillary. If you're going to vote for Trump (and the biggest predictor of a Trump voter was racism and sexism), there's no amount of moving to the right that's going to change your mind if your a woman. Hillary needed to get out the vote, and she didn't.

The problem is that you're blaming Hillary (who was not a great candidate by any means, true) for not replicating Obama's success among black people, which was loving impossible in the first place. The article you posted just reinforced how much you missed the point.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

hoooly poo poo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I wasn't saying she didn't do well in black areas, by the way, because she absolutely did and you're still wrong about that. But expecting her to do as well as Obama is crazy.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I dunno, maybe he'll reinforce how she needed to campaign harder in states like Pennsylvania

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Here's a question that's probably been asked a million times but that I haven't seen in my occasional perusals of this thread: Assuming Dems retake the Senate, how do they go about preventing another Trump from ever using the presidency to blatantly enrich themselves? Like, how do they enforce it, because the Emoluments Clause certainly ain't getting adhered to.

e: assuming they even want to, that is

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Your Taint posted:

So reducing women to a crude vagina is not ok, but reducing men to a crude penis is. Got it.

Yes, exactly, good job

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

No one worth caring about actually thinks of "dick" as a real slur

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Chadderbox posted:

The new comment count froze at 1 for about 30 seconds even when there was nothing new. Seems to have cleared up.

It happens now and again where a post will get "stuck" until it is freed by someone else posting. It's been a thing for a long time.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's at 2.9!!!!! I should just loving go to bed now and savor this brief taste of happiness!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Jesus gently caress 4.8

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SACRIFICE ANOTHER VIRGIN FOR JONES

PRAISE THE ALMIGHTY NEEDLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist