Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

tehinternet posted:

Just had a Trump supporter tell me that he didn't care if he were dirty or not because "you've got to get dirty to change things."

It's a hell of a time to be alive.

I'm still waiting on "Russia interferes in EVERY election why is Trump's the only one you object to???"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Hey did Trump refer to the Manchester bombing as a "terrorist act" or do we not care about words any more?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Apoplexy posted:

From earlier this morning but I wonder how this woman would feel if someone came up to her and chokeslammed her to the ground and punched her a few times for doing her job. I'm quite curious.

Uh is her job to be a lying liar from liarton spreading baby killing liberal lies all over good, white, 'mericans???? Then obviously she wouldn't deserve it.

SocketWrench posted:

Hell, i want to see Andorra own him
Agnes Moorehead died decades ago. I bet she could have though.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress. Rodney Dangerfield would have been the best Trump in the biography.

Xibanya posted:

Milo be trollin'. Clever, though.

Fun fact, wacky circumstance had me going out for drinks with one of the main leaders of gamergate; we got in an argument about Milo. He insisted to me that Milo was a troll and didn't believe what he was saying and offered to introduce me to him to show what a neat dude Milo was. I demurred but I sometimes wonder how the hell that would have gone down. If it had god knows there might be some lovely picture of myself like that out there.
Did you tell him that it doesn't loving matter if he's "just trolling" or not because being a "pretend" bigot and being a real bigot are the exact same thing?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

skylined! posted:

loving article five speech today was gross.

trump talking about 9/11 and the tragedy that it was when he was literally on FOXNews bragging about his buildings right after it happened

Umm, I think you'll find he was in his office watching people jump/at the site helping/in New Jersey watching millions celebrate. Who are you going to believe: Trump's stories or the lying LAMEstream LIEdia?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Has there ever been a study that pinpoints the money level you need to be at in which nothing matters? Like, I was once late with my registration renewal because it had slipped my mind, the car was in the shop, I had spent a week in the hospital, and the DMV was closed for MLK day and I got pulled over a single stoplight from my apartment on my way to the DMV to renew it. I showed all of this to the cop and still got a ticket, I showed all of this AND the renewal notice, less than 15 minutes after the ticket was issued, to the judge and STILL had to pay the full fine.

A man physically assaulted another for asking a question, lied about it, and gets to be a congressman warmly welcomed by the vice president of the United States. He'll have to pay a tiny fine issued by a judge that donated to his campaign.

the inevitable crushing black tide of these people and their poison ways, as well as the lovely "go team yay" attitude of the people both being screwed by and helping them is just sitting on my head :(

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I happily choose to believe that Barron actually thought that was his dad's head and shouted "mommy mommy" after seeing it on his TV screen.
His nanny's name is "Mommy"? Mother's day must be confusing.

Xae posted:

Part of me wonders if we're going to watch "The Left" OD and rage and hatred for 4-8 years like The Right did with Obama.
gently caress you. I'm losing my healthcare and human rights, the motherfuck "right" actually gained those under Obama so don't you loving DARE compare the situations because some anonymous internet rear end in a top hat made a joke that no one will ever see at the expense of the poo poo spawn of a poo poo spawn of a poo poo spawn because THIS one might be the magical one that breaks the endless cycle of insulated privilege to be an actual person instead of a slimy potato/money golem like the rest of his poo poo family. Also the weird as poo poo "guys he MIGHT be retarded so we can't make fun of him!!!!1" thread that's cropped up. gently caress him, gently caress his father, gently caress his family.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ekster posted:

If you thought Bush was bad just wait until Trump has to deal with a serious catastrophe.
According to Trump, on 9/11 he was in his apartment watching people jump off the Towers 4 miles away, in New Jersey watching thousands of Muslims celebrate, and at Ground Zero helping to clear rubble so I assume during a serious catastrophe he'll simply spread his arms and transcend the bonds of time and space again.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

empty whippet box posted:

If we get proof that trump is literally getting cucked by melania in exactly the fashion that internet republicans are obsessed with totally absolutely 100% not being, I wonder how many of them would finally stop supporting him. Not over climate change, misogyny, being a rapist, a moron, none of that. Because cuck

Uuuuh, I think you'll find that Trump ALLOWED the cheating to happen: it's called "delegating" libtard. Trump's alphamalemanmusk is so overpowering that Melania would be on him 24/7 if he didn't and he's got a job to do Making 'Merica Great 'Gain! Unlike that lazy filthy Kenyan who I bet still took time to have sex with his wife on MY tax dollars! I bet the Head of Security even worked cheaper so it was yet another masterful negotiation for Trump.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
You know I can kind of understand Trump's repeated call for better immigration security: everyone he meets turns out to be a Russian spy.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

oohhboy posted:

This. I find my art is form from function. Having an end goal and creating systems they do what I need efficiently is the name of my game. Maybe that is the same for you?

Tried Portal Knights? Minecraft but with goals and a plot and better graphics.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

oohhboy posted:

Not a fan of olde ye timy fantasy and from the looks of it is has the same problem Starbound has where pursuing the goal throws half the game away and there is no reason to build anything as you are just going to move on to the next goal.
Luckily it's one button teleportation from the map so it's more that you establish a base world and build it up while exploring further out and bringing stuff back. The inventory system is hosed, for example you can't look in a chest and your inventory at the same time, and there's no pause button. I'm having fun so far. The different environs are cool.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Throwing Turtles posted:

I just called, apparently the people in the office has no clue he said that.

They are aware now and are just politely taking a poll, "So you want a 'No' on Trumpcare?"

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chilichimp posted:

I said Ivanka Trump is stunning the other day
With that much plastic surgery she drat well better be attractive.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

WeAreTheRomans posted:

for the record, she's not at all, but it's totally irrelevant to anything (except to the extent that her supposed attractiveness gets her more leeway in being evil than might otherwise be expected)

ReidRansom posted:

More plastic surgery does not equal more attractive. Usually the opposite, in fact.
Not that it matters, she's a bad person, regardless of her appearance.
Guys who paid for the surgery and was probably VERY hands on with what changes were made? "Attractive" is subjective and guess who thinks she's VERY attractive?

I'm just saying that SOMEONE got their money's worth.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bogatyr posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/13/sports/basketball/golden-state-warriors-white-house-visit.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

I am wondering if the reports of voting not to visit the WH were BS to begin with or if some pressure made a denial necessary...
The original story contained the caveat that they weren't invited yet too

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

But an attack on all Americans is GOP SOP and no cause for alarm plebes.

This is why Democrats always lose and I'm loving sick of it. There's an attack on Democrats and Republicans twist it to fit their narrative or outright deny reality and gain advantage, there's an attack on Republicans and Democrats reflex into the submissive position and ask what they can do to kiss the boo-boo and give the Republicans the advantage. It's a loving boxing match where one side agrees to follow the rules and the other constantly delivers kicks to the crotch.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

axeil posted:

That is absolute horseshit and you know it. The GOP were saying the exact same things in 2009 when Gabby Giffords got shot as the Dems are now.
And what was the result of all those flowery words and poem writing? Jack poo poo or jack loving poo poo? Keep in mind jack poo poo has left town.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sure Trump feels vindicated by this

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jaxyon posted:

I am 100% sure that leak was more along the lines of "holy poo poo leak and hopefully we can convince him not to"

I'm 100% sure that the leaks were caused by two things:
1: Trump not having any friends that WOULDN'T sell him out
2: Trump being the kind of person who tells person after person his ideas until he finds someone who will agree with him that they're good.

That's why we get so many leaks of the poo poo ideas he has: he goes from person to person saying "Hey I'm thinking of doing this", if the first person says "Sir, that's a really bad idea." he'll just go to the next person and say "Hey I'm thinking of doing this" until someone finally goes "Good idea sir!!" the worse an idea it is the more people he has to tell the more likely it will leak because each person he talks to just hears "ka-CHING ka-CHING" every time he talks

If this isn't 100% the way the reality is in the White House I'll eat my hat

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

stillvisions posted:

Basically this. The USA can't rely on norms, decorum and "well, nobody would *actually* do that" anymore. If your rules require congress to agree the rules apply to you, then they're not rules.

Trump is a guy playing Monopoly arguing that the rules don't explicitly say cheating isn't allowed, so he can just take money from the bank. And when he's caught, he can point out there's nothing in the rules about punishing people who get caught cheating, so what are they gonna do? Congress is the rest of the players realizing they need this guy for the ride home, so they can't just ban him.

Republicans will 100% fight against these rules without them, or the electorate, batting an eye. They'll even trot out the "Why would we ever need these rules codified: the honor system has worked so far.". Unless a Democrat tries to get around the rules the same way. Then they'll scream and cry without a nanosecond of thought to hypocrisy.

And, in the future we're all going to open our brain ports to download the latest newsfig: "Trump administration riddled with corruption and collusion;Trump pardons the people who then refuse to charge him with anything"

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

:smuggo: "Sessions testified under oath on Tuesday that he did not believe he had any contacts with lobbyists working for Russian interests over the course of Trump’s campaign. " :smuggo:
So you want to prosecute someone for their beliefs?:smuggo: So much for the Tolerant Left :smuggo:

"in a hearing this week before the Senate intelligence committee about whether the attorney general had ever had “any contacts with any representative, including any American lobbyist or agent of any Russian company” during the 2016 campaign, Sessions said he did not.

:smuggo:“I :smuggo:don’t:smuggo: believe:smuggo: so,”:smuggo: Sessions :smuggo:said." :smuggo:

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

androo posted:

I've physically destroyed HDDs containing much less sensitive info way back in the day, for IT clients. Faster than doing a full wipe.

But if she was only using her phone to access HER EMAILS wouldn't it not matter since the sensitive info wasn't actually on her phone just the means of accessing sensitive info? So, in metaphor form, who gives a poo poo if she destroys one key to a room they already have access to? "Bleaching" the emails is a bit more complicated but, as I understand it, it was part of a regularly scheduled maintenance thing and they recovered them anyway, I remember my BernieBro idiot sister (who REFUSED to vote for Clinton despite the fact that she's gay and has a mixed race baby with her girlfriend, that worked out well) screaming about how Clinton HAS to drop out so they can take the necessary time to go through all the recovered emails first!!!!!!

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

HappyHippo posted:

i too like to blame the victim
Holy poo poo. "Victim blaming" does not obliterate personal responsibility. You can't jam your fist in an alligator's mouth and go "Welp, don't blame the victim". "Victim blaming" is about turning innocuous behavior into a punishable crime. Wearing a skirt, no matter how high, is not an invitation to rape, wearing bleeding fish pants in the ocean isn't innocuous, it's provocation. Purposely doing something known to be dangerous is provocation, and, like all provocation, the response may be disproportional but it is expected and, mostly, inevitable.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rigel posted:

Reportedly the Senate GOP has written off Rand Paul and Mike Lee. They can't make them happy without too many losses from others. They are trying to figure out how to satisfy Cruz without losing people like Murkowski, Collins, or Heller.

https://twitter.com/MattWelch/status/875454778163183616

LITERALLY NO ONE WANTS THIS BILL TO PASS

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

geonetix posted:

It's real. Wow.

Trumppresidency.txt

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I admit I don't know how Twitter works so I might be being stupid but I saw the hashtag #putinspuppet and clicked on it out of curiousity.

It leads here

Is that normal or is Twitter actually being sassy?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh poo poo, forgot the times we live in:

For my kid's education

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The worst part for me is that Ossoff, a generally inoffensive bland, will be losing to a snearing hosed up smuglord. It's a battle between "Umm, well, umm, excuse me, umm, I think you should vote for me?" vs "muahaha, vote for me pathetic scum worms, you deserve all the poo poo you're going to have to eat. How dare you question me???" She's literally carrying herself in the way they accused Hillary of and they'll grind their own bones to dust to vote for her.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Aaaaaaand here we go

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Madkal posted:

Nah, I like looking for the tweets and ignore all the derails. Keep posting the tweets.

:respek: Yyyyyyyyyyyyup. That's what I do too. *skip skip skip* "Oh a link...to proof...that anime...is...good...*skip skip skip*

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Which one is he?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Javes posted:

Why not just turn the cameras on? Whats the worst they can do? The WH has already essentially blacklisted CNN anyway.

What's the point? They obviously stopped the cameras so they can just claim anything was said and they can't be contradicted but, in the first place, they were already doing that WITH video so, honestly, what the point?
"The Whitehouse said this"
"No we didn't"
*releases video of the Whitehouse saying this*
"No we didn't"
Trump supporter/FOX News: "Fake News lying again."

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Turtlicious posted:

Let me put it this way, if you're canadian and can get me anti biotics for 20 bux, I'll loving paypal it to you.

You can't add "loving" to a normal payment method! It's "I'll loving love you forever" or "I'll loving dart 10 chickens to your hoop" not "I'll loving exchange currency for goods and services!" that's just what you do!

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I LOVE Trump's constant supervillainesque "No one can stop me!! Mnya heh heh heh" taunts! Like it is literally my favorite thing about all of this poo poo is that he has just, repeatedly, stood up in public and screamed "Then why haven't you stopped me yet?? MmmmmmnnnnnnnYAHAHHAHHAHAHAHA!!" AND NO ONE HAS STOPPED HIM YET! Holy poo poo how cartoonishly villainous can someone actually be in real life??

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

RiggenBlaque posted:

Wow, I guess that super PAC is already putting out those heller ads, I just got this

It is almost 10:30 here in Nevada and every single one of Heller's phone lines have full mailboxes and his every Facebook post is full of "Vote no" people.

It's so hosed up that literally nothing can stop this bill that only 1% of the population actually wants. Even the government is exempting itself from it and the Dems aren't hammering them on that even after the lie of Dems being exempt from Obamacare is STILL around. Public approval ratings are against it, lobbyists are against it, the media is against it, it's like being in a speeding car and the brakes go out so you reach for the ebrake and it doesn't work, then you try to scrape the car along the guard rail but friction doesn't even slow you down, and then the door handle snaps off in your hand. It's hosed up and bizarre and nightmarish and it makes no loving sense.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

What were the odds of this not working???

Sorry, forum rules: what were the over/unders on this not working???

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Nope. But lying about it and trying to stop people from finding out about it IS. Period.

Not to mention the very dark gray area of THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES BEING BEHOLDEN TO A FOREIGN POWER.

My idiot boss tried the "Isn't it a good thing we're friends with Russia?" talking point and I responded, "Yeah, like when your wife says she 'paid' the plumber but your bank account is the same and she refuses to tell you how."

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

It is a crime, literally the same crime as in Watergate. Conspiracy to steal information and records from the offices of the Democratic Party.

Other crimes too potentially, such as interference in an election etc.
No no, look at how they are parsing the words: they are taking the ONLY aspect of this that ISN'T a crime, and then asking "is that a crime??" Just "asking" Russia to release info they already acquired by themselves with no help or encouragement from the RNC isn't a crime!
It's a talking point generator: "So is it a crime to ask Russia to release info they already had?" "No but-" "SO IT'S NOT A CRIME!! SAD!!" *DEMS SAY NO CRIME HEADLINES*
The other one is a standard "so it's a crime to be friends with someone??" without pointing out that, you know, they committed crimes together.
It's like if you stab someone to death and say "Oh so now it's a crime to be in the same room as a murder victim???"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Drunk Theory posted:

First cops recognized him. Arriving cop didn't and just saw black man moving of his own free will. So his training took over and he fired as fast as possible.

Miracle the black officer isn't dead.

Can you just imagine the story they'd be spinning if he had been killed? "Off duty police officer attacks on duty police!!! Apparently 'Was no angel'"

• Locked thread