Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

DaveWoo posted:

Sean Hannity is still flogging the story, is also still a vile, despicable piece of poo poo:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kelseymsutton/status/867109758729424896

Hannity, flogging a fake story? Shocking!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Anyone else here waiting with baited breath for the CBO scoring of the AHCA bill? I suspect that the fireworks will be amazing.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

B B posted:

For those who haven't been following the Montana election, Quist has largely been campaigning on health care and how awful the AHCA is. The timing of the CBO score is pretty great for him.

Also, Democrats won a state senate seat in NY that has literally never been held by a Dem in a district Trump won by 20 points:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/867224276180533250

Thats my district. She was campaigning like crazy, we had three or four people at our door in the past few weeks asking us to support her. I saw signs for her all over the place, while I never heard a peep from the other guy. I guess his campaign strategy was to do nothing and coast to a win since it is such a republican area.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Your Taint posted:

The guy on CNN said the cbo score was imminent.

:frogsiren:

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
where is the drat CBO report.....

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

what does that say? I can't look at twitter while at work.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Huzanko posted:

It's actually loving stupid to empower one person, any person, with the ability to destroy the world. You should have huge problems with this system.

The idea was that during the cold war, if the USSR launched nukes at the US we had maybe 40 minutes before we started a 'brave new world', and the POTUS did not have time for formally call congress to get a war declared.

Now they should update the RoE that POTUS can only launch nukes if we are attacked in kind and not for any other reason.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
How much do you bet that Gianforte is going to win the congressional race in Montana even after bodyslamming a reporter, due to all the early mailed in ballots collected. Of the 250,000 received most are probably going to go towards him. I wonder how energized the democratic base is.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Mulva posted:

24 Hour News is like a religion to conservatives, I wouldn't take that bet if I was you. Now if it changes their minds? That's something else entirely.

Fox news - Congressional candidate defends himself from aggressive foreign born reporter.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Invalid Validation posted:

This administration is a loving farce even for republicans, put it out of its misery so we can all start healing.

You want a president Pence? This is how we get a President Pence.

Keeping Trump:
Good - They can't get poo poo done, they will be mired in scandal, republican brand will be badly damaged for years
Bad - Trump has access to nukes, is badly diminishing American prestige abroad.

Getting rid of trump:
Good - Getting nutter away from nukes
Bad - President Pence knows how to actually govern, will enact far right republican agenda.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Even if Trump is caught handing over the Nuke codes to the Russians and getting a giant sack with "$" printed on it, the Republicans in Congress have decided that they won't impeach him under any circumstances because it would be too politically damaging for them.

party over country

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

what the gently caress. so embarrassing.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
How much does anyone want to bet that in the next year or two Russian fully invades the Ukraine and the US will just sit here, twiddling its thumbs?

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
I grew up learning my geography during the cold war, so i would just call it The Ukraine. I still sometimes think about Czechoslovakia too.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
any bombshells so far?

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Covok posted:

It's probably because he was convinced by his lawyers that Comey's opening statement vindicated him. He's happy off somewhere jerking it to Ivanka pics with no idea what's going on.

Apparently he was watching the hearings with his lawyers. They probably wrestled him to the ground and yanked the phone out of his tiny hands.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
TL;DR of yesterdays Comey meeting:

KAMALAH HARRIS: Let's talk about Sessions

JOHN CORNYN: Let's talk about Hillary

MARCO RUBIO: Let's talk about me

JOHN MCCAIN: BINGO! I GOT BINGO HERE!

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Riatsala posted:

It's faster to just link to the tweet...

probably, but i can't do anything twitter related at work.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
I wonder if Trump fired Comey so he could appoint a new FBI director who wouldn't arrest his son.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Petr posted:

I just don't understand why Jr. released it. What was he thinking?

He clearly isn't.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
538 made a really good 'what-if clinton won'. I think its probably very accurate.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/if-clinton-had-won/

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Trump must be raging right now with spicer quitting.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Watching the Republican party and Donald Trump self destruct should be funny as hell and so satisfying except he's the president and we need a strong leader in times of international crisis. I'm really scared what would happen if something really serious happens

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Doctor Butts posted:

I'm self-Emilying right now.

That is what I get for using voice to text and not proofing it before hitting submit

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
I can just imagine that trump went into the election thinking that being president was actually pretty easy and you didn't need to do much other than tell other people to do stuff and somehow it got done. Then he could just bask in the glory of being president and lap up the adoration of the American people.

Ego above anything.

These six months have been terrible for this country. He needs to go and fast.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Elotana posted:

Scaramucci is a sign that Trump is going to stick with Trump lifers from here on out and not Republicans.

EDIT: This is also why I think Scaramouch makes a Mueller firing more likely.

So what will happen if trump does indeed fire Mueller?

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
The problem with the white house messaging is an 'arbitrage spread' huh?

Ok, sure.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Pellisworth posted:

to use a Wall Street saying, there may be an arbitrage spread between our perception of the President and the media's

because nothing says communicating with the people of the country like using technical wall street lingo!

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

No Butt Stuff posted:

ahahaha his wiki:

Scaramucci was born on January 6, 1964, on Long Island, New York, and had a middle-class upbringing. His father was a construction worker.[10]

Wonder who added that?

At age 24, Scaramucci purchased the firm his father worked for and laid off all workers and hired non union foreign workers. When explaining to his father why he was suddenly going to be out of a job, Scaramucci reportedly said "Sorry dad, but firing you was just good business sense."

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
From a poster on redstate.com

quote:

Trump is learning that the RNC operatives like Sean Spicier are in this deal for themselves and their friends. My guess is that Priebus is next.

And dumping these people is an unalloyed good thing.

hahahaha

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
I wonder what this weeks insanity will be.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Trabisnikof posted:

Also the Internet lets us do hours and hours of "research" and only read the answer we want to hear.

there are sites out there tht support my views no matter what side i am on in the issue, and those sites are 100% right while those sites that oppose me are 100% wrong.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Mr 9/11 is being floated as a possible replacement for Sessions as AG.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/343426-trump-floats-possibility-of-giuliani-replacing-sessions-as-attorney

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/889797162032398336

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Shifty Pony posted:

That will work fine for him because Texas has property taxes but no state and local income tax. Republican reps from NY state or California were always going to be the ones that were most likely to sink any fuckery with state and local tax deductibility because their constituents would be the ones getting hosed hardest.

Yeah, because I am sure Rep Peter King (R-NY) has my back when it comes to push and shove. I am sure he will have my interets and not his campaign donors in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
so let me get this right

Some brown rear end in a top hat kills 8 people with a truck: "ARRRGH! BANS! WALLS! BARRIERS!"

Some white rear end in a top hat kills 58 people with a gun: "So sad, thoughts and prayers, DON'T YOU loving DARE POLITICIZE THIS TRAGEDY"

• Locked thread