Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Oh, the Frank Grimes approach to hiring.

Any famous TV dogs we can get Trump to make the Executive Vice President.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

So she didn't delete it because it was untrue, she deleted it because her boss threatened to fire her if she didn't.

Wonder if she supports organized labor.

She had to apologize because it's the kind of claim you need evidence to support, and there isn't any unless that woman can find the letter again. It could be true, her memory could be faulty, or she could be exaggerating. People can be as convinced as they want that it's true, but journalists need something to back up their reporting.

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008
https://twitter.com/theglipper/status/888435376116781056

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Drunk Theory posted:

Oh, the Frank Grimes approach to hiring.

Any famous TV dogs we can get Trump to make the Executive Vice President.

"... we now go live to deputy press secretary Air Bud."

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Doctor Butts posted:

I'm self-Emilying right now.

My sister is named Emily and as a toddler she thought the bad guys in videogames were called "Emilys" and that the sea animal that looks like a flower is a sea Emily

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

botany posted:

"... we now go live to deputy press secretary Air Bud."

Air bud died of paw cancer. :(

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Sinteres posted:

She had to apologize because it's the kind of claim you need evidence to support, and there isn't any unless that woman can find the letter again. It could be true, her memory could be faulty, or she could be exaggerating. People can be as convinced as they want that it's true, but journalists need something to back up their reporting.

No, journalists need sources to publish articles in whatever publication they work for. Getting fired for posting an otherwise unproblematic personal anecdote on Twitter is loving idiotic and would be illegal in any sane country with employee protection laws worth a poo poo.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

:golfclap:
Nice.

Cousin of Swamp Thing, Shrubbery Guy, returns to his place of power.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I am dying to know why WH people hate this Scaramucci guy so much.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

botany posted:

No, journalists need sources to publish articles in whatever publication they work for. Getting fired for posting an otherwise unproblematic personal anecdote on Twitter is loving idiotic and would be illegal in any sane country with employee protection laws worth a poo poo.

Twitter's used in a professional capacity by journalists all the time, including breaking news, and the lines are very obviously blurred. This idea that tweets are just tweets is how Republicans defend Trump's stupid poo poo too.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

botany posted:

Sadly we live in America where most journalists and their families are forbidden from any public political acts and have to give their employer control over their speech at all times.

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

I think most people who talk about the DOL Ruling really don't understanding.

Necesarry ruling: but it's basically designed to put small money managers out of business and allow big business to dominate the field by requiring thousands of dollars worth of compliance.

Don't know why he's complaining though. It's good for Goldman Sachs.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/alivitali/status/888441839501660160

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
This Scaramucci guy sounds like a real shitbag hedge fund ghoul but I don't see why republicans would hate him this much is or at all

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Delthalaz posted:

This Scaramucci guy sounds like a real shitbag hedge fund ghoul but I don't see why republicans would hate him this much is or at all

He supported Obama in 2008.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/jbillinson/status/888440281468719104

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Sinteres posted:

He never scored.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Delthalaz posted:

Scaramucci is a sign that Trump is going to stick with Trump lifers from here on out and not Republicans.

EDIT: This is also why I think Scaramouch makes a Mueller firing more likely.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

JailTrump posted:

He supported Obama in 2008.

Haha is he a globalist cuck? Maybe he's friends with Kushner.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

How the gently caress did Trump wind up picking this guy?

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
I can just imagine that trump went into the election thinking that being president was actually pretty easy and you didn't need to do much other than tell other people to do stuff and somehow it got done. Then he could just bask in the glory of being president and lap up the adoration of the American people.

Ego above anything.

These six months have been terrible for this country. He needs to go and fast.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Spicey needs to go to CNN simply for the epic Twitter tantrum it would cause.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Elotana posted:

Scaramucci is a sign that Trump is going to stick with Trump lifers from here on out and not Republicans.

EDIT: This is also why I think Scaramouch makes a Mueller firing more likely.

So what will happen if trump does indeed fire Mueller?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Can Bannon's body really be considered alive?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

It just won't be the same.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Cimber posted:

For the thousandth time ITT, jack poo poo

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Lol Trump planned to use the job opening as a way to get his sycophantic buddy a job in the administration and have a reason to be involved with everything but have spicer actually do the work.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Your Taint posted:

It just won't be the same.

I'm looking forward to all the pool reporters putting their kid gloves on and being super nice and asking only favorable questions because they don't want the cameras being turned off again.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I have no idea how much Mattering is going on, but it really does seem like there's plenty of Happening right now. The hits just keep coming this week.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Does this mean that Dippin' Dots really are the ice cream of the future?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
reminder here of the jonathan vs spicer backstory:

https://twitter.com/axios/status/844591165580152833

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

empty whippet box posted:

I'm looking forward to all the pool reporters putting their kid gloves on and being super nice and asking only favorable questions because they don't want the cameras being turned off again.

I don't think this will happen at all.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I am dying to know why WH people hate this Scaramucci guy so much.

All the Fandango jokes probably

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Congress was given authority over voting matters, not the courts, specifically because the courts hosed up catastrophically in the past on these sorts of things. Roberts has wanted to kill the VRA for decades and the majority's writing on that case is little more than "well sure Congress just reauthorized this stuff with massive bipartisan support but racism is over so this law isn't needed."

The VRA was Congress putting the 14th and 15th in to effect, precisely to combat the exact poo poo that the GOP has been ramping up ever since Roberts and co gutted it. While preclearance should just be a nationwide thing, the notion that it (among other things) are unconstitutional because they target historically oppressive areas more than others was absurd.

The ruling in 2009 that pulled the teeth out of the VRA is definitely one of my least favorite things the Supreme Court has done during my lifetime. Definitely up there with the Citizens United ruling.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cimber posted:

He can't fire Mueller. Mueller is employed by the Justice Department, office of the Deputy Attorney General.

He'd have to get Rosenstein to do it, and if Rosenstein refused, fire him and then keep firing people until he got a DAG to Bork himself.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Ballz posted:

This got lost in Spicetime, but the characterization that it's a "retraction" is a bit off.

Snopes has a good writeup:

https://twitter.com/snopes/status/888174240066916353

Basically the story is legit, although the widow doesn't have McCain's letter on hand so how explicitly callous his response was is currently unclear.

The story is probably bullshit, not the least for the reason that John McCain has professional staff members who are responsible for constituent correspondence. It would be shocking if an LC suggested that they would move.

No letter, no evidence.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Senf posted:

One of the tamer Wiki edits I've ever seen.

It seems multiple people were on this.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i hope we continue to see spicey from time to time. his backstory isn't complete yet and i think his character could really grow

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Condiv posted:

i hope we continue to see spicey from time to time. his backstory isn't complete yet and i think his character could really grow

I'm sure CNN or MSNBC will pick him up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

nerdz posted:

reminder here of the jonathan vs spicer backstory:

https://twitter.com/axios/status/844591165580152833

I was just going to ask if there was something like this. I missed most of the live briefings back when so was out of the loop, but this is great, thanks!

• Locked thread