Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
The rules about not being able to use the phrase “evidence based” by the CDC are absolutely mind blowing. “Evidence Based Medicine” is like the huge buzzword for grants in the medical field. It would be like saying NASA Is not allowed to use the word “rocket”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Speculation but I believe Mueller might have a dead man’s switch if Trump attempts to fire him in the form of a sealed indictment to be executed in the case of Trump attempting to fire Mueller. I think it might be Sessions, maybe the White House Counsel too. If Trump declares publically that he will fire Mueller, the FBI executes. Trump needs to order someone to fire Mueller but what if he does and that person is being arrested?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Alter Ego posted:

He is a literal, actual white supremacist. What the gently caress is wrong with his district?

He controls an entire country dude

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Crabtree posted:

How the gently caress did Palin go about naming her kids again? Track sounds like some 1980s cartoon villain goon and lo and behold, he actually is a skinhead thug! Like, if he also says "DUH, OKAY BOSS" when he's talking to anyone in authority, I'm gonna die laughing.

“Thesaurus sounds like a smart word. It starts with T. Let’s flip to the T section”

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Discendo Vox posted:

You want me to prove the provenance of amazon comments in a forwarded screenshot? I can't help you there, but fake amazon reviews are a whole internet industry.

You want me to prove vendors on amazon encourage people to misuse their product in a potentially lethal way? yes, that is extremely a thing. Note that there's a whole range of companies offering that product.

Amoxicillin, the antibiotic most likely to be at the top of that listing, is dirt cheap- the average pharmacy costs I see online are at, or lower than, the price of fish meds. You need a prescription for it because otherwise its non-prescription abuse accelerates antibiotic resistance.

This is an infinitely better take.

Technically, carbon dioxide is an antioxygen if you try hard enough.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Gaunab posted:

For a second I thought you posted a picture of someone in blackface hiding in your bushes.

Nah. It’s just a gaucho cat. A catcho.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/JohnCornyn/status/943136421765840896

Yes, that certainly sounds like most average families. Who among us doesn't have a side business making $40,000/yr?

Who the crap has a side business making 40k a year AND wants to work a full time job at $15/hr?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Aramis posted:

I'm going to guess that most of that side-business is actually rent money that mostly goes towards paying mortgages. That would help to explain the absurdly low tax rate.

But he specified two types of business income. Rent would only be one and it would be pass through.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Pakled posted:

Ah yes, tell me more about normal, average families, Mr. 1%

I’m well familiar with this illustration but I just noticed today that the single mother’s son has incredibly long and impossible arms.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Why is this guy terrible?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
NYT seeing how crazy of an article they can publish before people notice.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
D+18 is past the Gerrymander Inflection point. A 59-41 D win nationally results in something like 70% of House seats.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Ok, question that I don't think anyone has run the numbers on:

What amount of +dem shift would we need, theoretically, to gain a two-thirds majority in the Senate after the 2020 elections?

I would estimate about D+30 on both elections. You would need to pick up states like Nebraska and Tennessee to have a chance.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

mistaya posted:

I just want to know who has a million dollar yearly income and is still renting.

They’re renting their second vacation home?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Party Plane Jones posted:

It struck me this morning that the #1 thing about the election of 1800 that set the stage for every subsequent one is the peaceful transition of power between opposing parties. Now within the next 20 years the amount of fuckery by the Republicans ("voter ID", gerrymandering to gently caress, a million other things) or changes by Democrats (vastly expanding the voting rolls by either mail-in ballots or automatic voter registration) is going to cause the other to wig the gently caress out.

The DNC might change their priorities (it might take them a decade or two ala the 1980s) to suit changing trends and the increasing leftward trend of the voting population. The GOP will hold onto the last gasp of white supremacy until rich pricks like Murdoch and Koch are in the ground feeding worms.

also
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/943809523097018368

Given how little the State Dept had to do with this deal’s proposal, :lol: if it catches some rando who had thought they had gotten away with it

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The best analysis I've seen is that federal investigations have such strong inertia that firing Mueller wouldn't accomplish anything and Trump's best strategy is to continue to discredit Mueller in gope of discrediting Mueller's final output. Firing Mueller would be counterproductive because he would then need to discredit whoever takes over the investigation also.

So what you’re saying is that Trump is going to fire Mueller and put in Gowdy or Nunes?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Sir Lemming posted:

So it's a microbe brewery

I like it

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Aren’t they a non profit / PAC?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Party Plane Jones posted:

Dementia diagnosis (I really doubt the documents are genuine, because the ones that were linked as a subtweet look fake as gently caress and the article it came from came out in August 2016:

There are several issues with this as a medical document.

First, the test they use is a garbage test and doesn’t accurately measure cognitive function. They don’t mention the score (out of 30) nor do they mention the cognitive domains affected nor the score overall. Plus a “significantly lower” score would be readily apparent during a debate that Clinton did. If they had said SLUMs or MoCA that would be different. Then specified score. Then specified areas of difficulty. This document reads like they just picked out diagnoses and then filled it words.

There is no such thing as “early onset” vascular dementia. Vascular dementia is the result of a stroke. You wouldn’t say they have an early onset stroke. Those terms aren’t really used together. Also subcortical dementia is diagnosed via imaging which they don’t indicate the results in any detail.

Lastly and most importantly, this is a terrible example of medical documentation. What type of complex partial seizures are they? Complex partial has a very distinct definition. In what way is it getting worse? What physical exam did they do? Why aren’t there vital signs? They specify dementia but what areas does she have difficulty? Is it speech, motor or cognitive function? What medications are they prescribing? Which ones are they increasing?

This is a garbage medical document that is all filler. I could say the exact thing this document says in 5 lines or fewer.

Ps. No doctor will include a patient’s SSN on their fricken progress notes.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

It's weird to me (a Vietnamese-American) that white people will pay 20 bucks for a plate of high quality pasta but not for a bowl of high quality pho

I mean yes getting pho in general is dumb because there's a million better tasting viet noodle soups but that's not the point of contention :colbert:

You’re overpaying for pho if you’re paying $20.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
What is he even trying to say? I can’t tell who he’s attacking or supporting.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Krispy Wafer posted:

Obviously the very best Secret Service guards the current President, so it's kind of funny to see the guys who protect ex-Presidents. Like one of Jimmy Carter's detail looks like the fat cop in Beverly Hills Cop. I'm sure he could still kill me seven times over, but he's not going to look good doing it.

The further out you get from the Oval Office the worst they must get. Obama still has top notch security, but Betty Ford probably had Nic Cage.

That’s probably how he had such easy access to Independence Hall

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Alter Ego posted:

Global warming?

Guess what libs...

...it's currently COLD OUTSIDE. :smug:

It's currently forcast to be colder in Minneapolis than Barrow, AK on Thursday.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

awesmoe posted:

no he's got two Buttons

Nurse and Nuke

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Ten past eleven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

mdemone posted:

Here's another question since I'm feisty tonight: is the draw-a-clock test done in front of the doctor? That is, does the process by which the patient draws the clock matter, or only the final product? For example, I would draw the 12-3-6-9 first, to get the spacing correct -- would that be taken into account by a doctor?

They tell you to draw an analog clock with all the numbers and hour and minute hands pointing to the time "10 past 11" or "20 past 2", etc.

• Locked thread