Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Ague Proof posted:

Rand Paul can be beaten in Kentucky.

Ask his neighbor.

Noice

e:
This is CJ, who is also noice, when she isn't being a brat.

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ague Proof posted:

Ask his neighbor.

Sweet Jesus.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Uncleanly Cleric posted:

It matches my napkin math for my son. So either you and I have missed something or...

Also, I was being snarky about Cornyn, he’s disingenuous as all hell.

This is the site I was using and, provided it is correct that the standard deduction for a married couple will be $24k and children are $2k each, then the median American family with two children do not pay federal taxes

I'm trying to make sense of this and I can't get round it, this is absurd. No wonder it costs a trillion dollars if the only people you tax are single, childless and poor

bonus; this is one hell of a penalty for having more than two kids. Quick check of a 2015 pew article says that includes 51% hispanic families, 40% black families, 34% white families, unless tax credits count to a rebate? I'm not sure

Single black woman with no kids earns $30k a year less than our median married white family and pays $1400 more in federal taxes

how do you make a loving tax bill this racist and WASPy, my brain is melting

any excuse to post The Absolute Boy on loving up rich people and tax cuts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ImmRBkoLi4

Spangly A fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Dec 19, 2017

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
My boss is currently helping to run https://www.zodiacpac.com we designed the logo here and had to print out a few thousand of them as stickers for an event. I have never wanted to punch paper so much in my life.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

They have literally lowered the threshold for something to be considered casus belli with potential nuclear retaliation to electronic/informatic warfare a week ago. May be just posturing, but the timing seems weird for this to be a coincidence.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Is this reporter reading too much into Gowdy's words, cause wtf

https://twitter.com/katiebowill/status/943165946910461952

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/943140127530016768?s=17

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ReidRansom posted:

Maybe he belongs to one of those snake handling churches.

Nah, those pricks treat the snakes like poo poo and not as pets.

That Italian Guy posted:

Wasn't the NSS publishing something about lowering the standards for a preemptive attack (with or without nukes) to include this kind of stuff just a few days ago?

Holy poo poo. Is this Trump's WMD excuse?

Probably.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

evilweasel posted:

yeah whatever this hypothetical family is doing it's utter nonsense

Amusingly I'm pretty sure that the example tracks very closely to the setup my parents have. Mother works full time in education while my father has income from several business sources.
But from what they've told me their effective rate is much, much lower because agriculture and consulting are both very easy to structure to keep "income" down in any particular year, and his work involves both. It is apparently ok somehow as they've been audited before with no issue.

In any sane system they would pay a whole bunch more.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

They still un-accredited?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Taking a page from the GWB playbook.

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/JohnCornyn/status/943136421765840896

Yes, that certainly sounds like most average families. Who among us doesn't have a side business making $40,000/yr?

Let us assume a spherical household earning $100,000 a year. If we ignore air resistance...

What kind of income do you have to hit for 40% being non-wages to be anywhere near realistic?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Ague Proof posted:

Ask his neighbor.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Quorum posted:

To be honest if everyone in America drove into telephone poles simultaneously it would have a thousand times more impact on, say, net neutrality than faxing Ted Cruz and John Cornyn.

Both their voicemail boxes have been full every time I've tried to call and all emailing them does it put you on their email listserve

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Why is John Gotti giving Clinton the stink eye?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The thing isn't so much that he looks away from Obama (which he does) its that he spends the entire roll call distracted and disinterested like a child.

Which means either someone was really bad at choreographing that robot or someone really, really captured the essence of Trump.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Blitz7x posted:

Both their voicemail boxes have been full every time I've tried to call and all emailing them does it put you on their email listserve

That's not true!

Ted Cruz will also sell your email to the RNC.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Taerkar posted:

I wonder if you can actually find this family.

evilweasel posted:

nope, it's the result of an optimization trying to find the biggest percentage tax cut you can get on a family you can claim is middle class

It's worth a try.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Blitz7x posted:

Use ResistBot, very simple and straightforward.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
How have we not talked about this? Did I miss it?

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/942881446821355520

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

cowofwar posted:

They're keeping hillary bot in storage for 2020
You're thinking of the Democratic National Committee, not Disney. :rimshot:

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Bottom Liner posted:

How have we not talked about this? Did I miss it?

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/942881446821355520

Even if he's not manchurian and didn't collude with russia even once Trump is super obviously 100% being played by putin nonstop every time they meet. Like remember 8000 years ago when russian diplomats tricked trump into handing a bunch of israeli secrets to russia then everyone forgot because 50 other things happened in this nonstop nightmare cyclone of bad news.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
lol that the blind greed of the Republicans has managed to make a tax cut unpopular for the first time in American history

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Even if he's not manchurian and didn't collude with russia even once Trump is super obviously 100% being played by putin nonstop every time they meet. Like remember 8000 years ago when russian diplomats tricked trump into handing a bunch of israeli secrets to russia then everyone forgot because 50 other things happened in this nonstop nightmare cyclone of bad news.

He's certainly is being played by Putin, but he is also the current vice president to fox & friends' paymasters' control over federal decisions. A (and I cannot stress this enough) simple channel.
I guess that makes Mike Pence High Deacon.

e- That is depressing, so here is a seadog.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 19, 2017

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Trick Trump? No way. He willingly gave Lavrov the info of the Israeli asset within ISIS that was used to electronically track communications. It was like he bragged about having the information and the Russians just sat back in the Oval Office and let him talk.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Pakled posted:

lol that the blind greed of the Republicans has managed to make a tax cut unpopular for the first time in American history

It's not actually a tax cut. If it were a tax cut it would probably be massively popular because people are stupid and would rather have a few hundred bucks in their pockets than social services and infrastructure.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://twitter.com/briankrebs/status/943159697602940929

Check the last link on the WH page.

good hands, folks. the best!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/amacker/status/943137742434766848?s=17

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Who was he? A sleezy car salesman?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Animals are overrated. I don't need something shedding hair all over the house, pooping and peeing in my lawn or a box in house, chewing and clawing my stuff, smelling bad, and racking up huge medical bills from crazy genetic disorders introduced by breeders over decades.

Not liking animals doesn't make you a sociopath.

They are fine but I don't want any in my house.

:hf:

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Why is this guy terrible?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

Who was he? A sleezy car salesman?

anti lgbt tea party candidate who said in 2015 he wanted to shutter the export import bank..the position Trump nominated him for

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

https://twitter.com/briankrebs/status/943159697602940929

Check the last link on the WH page.

good hands, folks. the best!

I just see "click here" with no link, is that all this is about? I was hoping for something sillier

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Lote posted:

Why is this guy terrible?

He's a Republican.

But I assume that's not why he was rejected.

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

Spangly A posted:

This is the site I was using and, provided it is correct that the standard deduction for a married couple will be $24k and children are $2k each, then the median American family with two children do not pay federal taxes

I'm trying to make sense of this and I can't get round it, this is absurd. No wonder it costs a trillion dollars if the only people you tax are single, childless and poor

bonus; this is one hell of a penalty for having more than two kids. Quick check of a 2015 pew article says that includes 51% hispanic families, 40% black families, 34% white families, unless tax credits count to a rebate? I'm not sure

Single black woman with no kids earns $30k a year less than our median married white family and pays $1400 more in federal taxes

how do you make a loving tax bill this racist and WASPy, my brain is melting

Wow, nice to know I'm turbofucked come tax time I guess.

:gonk:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Tuxedo Gin posted:

It's not actually a tax cut. If it were a tax cut it would probably be massively popular because people are stupid and would rather have a few hundred bucks in their pockets than social services and infrastructure.

No, I don't think that's it. In the past, Republicans have successfully marketed tax cuts to idiots that don't benefit from them.

Here's my madman theory as to why this one's so unpopular:

1) A woke media. Trump shits on them as often as possible; they're reciprocating by actually reporting the truth about this bill rather than the happy lies they repeated during the Bush era.

2) Trump and Congress are hilariously unpopular. People trusted Reagan and Bush (to their detriment), but Trump doesn't have the public's affection or trust. He's poisonous to everything he touches, and Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan are already perceived by both sides to have sold their constituents up the river.

3) The failure of the Obamacare repeal (yes, I realize that the individual mandate is getting repealed, but they were not able to pass any of the three bills that came before the Senate that specifically dealt with Obamacare). We saw firsthand how the sausages get made when spastic toddlers were at the controls and went "Eeeewwwww." Naturally, that's made people more skeptical about the process this time around.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/SenDonnelly/status/925838354456903680?s=17

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tim Raines IRL posted:

I just see "click here" with no link, is that all this is about? I was hoping for something sillier

hah, looks like they got it fixed. It says 'The full NSS report is available for download here.' but for a little while there was a link to that Karen Pence tweet instead. Which - how did that even happen?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

I clicked through to that one and she's an associate professor whose degree isn't from Liberty:

quote:

Harp holds a law degree from the University of Arkansas, and she previously served as chief of the sex crimes prosecution unit in New York City and as director of the National Juvenile Justice Prosecution Center.

quote:

Capital/Conflicts Attorney and Managing Attorney at the Arkansas Public Defender Commission
Chief of the Sex Crimes Prosecution Unit in New York City Law Department—Family Court Division
Trained family court attorneys on sex crimes, rules of evidence, witness interview techniques, and trial advocacy
Developed a curriculum and trained New York City Probation and Parole officers concerning adolescent sex offenders
Senior Attorney at the American Prosecutors Research Institute
Adjunct faculty member at South Arkansas University and South Arkansas Community College, 1993-1998
Senior attorney for the Sexual Assault and Violence Against Women Unit
Director of the National Juvenile Justice Prosecution Center
Program manager for the Home Improvement Fraud Against Seniors Program
Taught at the National Advocacy Center in Columbia, S.C.
Chief Deputy Prosecuting Attorney at the Union County Arkansas Prosecuting Attorney’s Office
Assistant Attorney General of the Office of the Attorney General State of Arkansas in the Medicaid Fraud Department
Memberships include the following:
the Arkansas Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
Outstanding Young Women of America, 1997
Past president of the Union County Bar Association

Like, unless something more damning comes out this is a pretty decent pick just based on her experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Lote posted:

I’m well familiar with this illustration but I just noticed today that the single mother’s son has incredibly long and impossible arms.

All the better to pull himself up by his bootstraps with

• Locked thread