Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Tim Ryan reiterating what we've experienced:

https://twitter.com/RepTimRyan/status/866861120669323265

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

An admin asked the OP to close the thread for some reason. So it's not his fault.

This is very disturbing.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

OP, I would like a big rules section like that dude had in the boogaloo thread.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

uh

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Northern Ohio is not to blame for this.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

glowing-fish posted:

I know they don't directly touch the Atlantic, but they are very close to the East Coast, and there are no mountains or natural barriers.

Its a short drive with no intervening mountains between Grand Rapids and New York City, so its pretty much the East Coast.

You are a god drat idiot.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

glowing-fish posted:

I currently live in Santiago de Chile.

A few weeks ago there was a seismic event that was between 6.9 and 7.1 on the richter scale. Afterwards I would talk about "the earthquake" and the people would look at me confused because there wasn't an earthquake, only a "Temblor".

Uh

Isn't temblor is Spanish for earthquake?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Fart Amplifier posted:

So does anyone have any details about this new AUMF supposedly being announced tomorrow? Could it potentially be more limiting than the existing one? Or are we going to see a new war?

I'm not worldly enough to understand it because I'm am east coast elite.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Trabisnikof posted:

Thanks thread for proving my point about the pervasive nature of ignorance in political opinion shaping.

Thinking NYC and Toledo is the same way people decide other communities don't need services they don't have. They incorrectly assume their knowledge and experience applies.

What are you talking about man? He lives in another country now! He's so worldly now that he knows the Spanish word for earthquake.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Maybe liberal reporters should carry guns for self defense.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Nothus posted:

What an rear end in a top hat. Even if you're conservative, this is a lovely thing to say.

The dude is a multi millionaire. He wouldn't be espousing that retarded loving bullshit if he wasn't. He got his, gently caress you, work till you die.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Yo this is the same chick that said she was gonna be the new press secretary for the White House.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

happyhippy posted:

Of course, nothing gets Ryan harder than the shrieks of pain of cancer kids on no meds.

Ryan is the personification of the white guy in the last panel of the 'A Concise History of Black-White Relations in the USA' cartoon.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

farraday posted:

Unfortunately the map showed huge swaths of the planet red and Trump misunderstood completely.

Trump walks away from meeting thinking he was elected President of the USSR.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Harrow posted:

Yeah, I really don't have any idea what to think about a possible Zuckerberg presidential run. Like, let's say he runs for the Democratic nomination for 2020 and keeps up that kind of rhetoric and proposing those kinds of policies. I mean, those are good things. I like those things and want to vote for those things. But at the same time, he's the fuckin' Facebook guy and he's got Silicon Valley in his goddamn bones. What do you do with all that, y'know?

Worry about one thing at a time. Most pressing: Donald Trump is still POTUS and we've got a Republican Congress.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Bobby Digital posted:

This but Mantegna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJESLxEd0Tk

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

The Glumslinger posted:

This seems like super important

I don't think it is all that important. They're just, what? Subpoena for testifying before panel? Whoop de doo. Let me know when the FBI is moving in on them or DOJ is going to indict.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Unkempt posted:

Can't help thinking the fact that America has fifteen to twenty thousand different police forces is something of a problem in itself. (The UK has 43. Not 43000. 43.)

Have you taken into account the larger population, greater distances, rural and wilderness areas that USA has?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Dmitri-9 posted:

By what metric? Dems always get a larger percentage in MT than AL in presidential elections. Obama almost won the state in 2008 which is notable considering the racial makeup of the states we're talking about. MT has s democratic Governor and Senator which AL does not.

Perhaps MT is more of a Mauve Mist while Alabama is Candy Apple Red.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I don't know how trusting I'd be of a report from the Russians.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Potato Salad posted:

Kim Dotcom promised evidence then couldn't produce any, every initial source claiming to have information on Seth Rich has since recanted. I'm about as concerned about Seth Rich's murder being more than a mugging as I am about Apollo 11 not having actually visited the moon.

More specifically:

Kim Dotcom sent a malicious link to Seth Rich's e-mail in an attempt to gain access to the e-mail account so that he could forge an e-mail that makes it look like Seth was working with Wikileaks/was assassinated.

As he did this, he contacted Hannity promising he'll have something in the next few days.

He was fully confident that when Seth Rich's dad checked his son's e-mail, he'd click on that link. Seth Rich's dad never did.

So, Kim got nothing.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Pakled posted:

My dad bought a fuckton of guns during the Obama years and when he passes away, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them all. I don't want em and I know it would be better for society​ if I just destroyed them, but on the other hand, I'd probably make something in the high four digit range selling them all.

Can I have a couple?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

boner confessor posted:

if a gun owner shoots himself in the face does that count as a self defensive action and a proper use of second amendment rights to end a deadly threat from a crazed gunman?

Holy poo poo.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

enraged_camel posted:

What is it about rich assholes and their stupid grins?

There is no genuine emotion behind them.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

On Terra Firma posted:

Can someone repost that article from der spiegel about the benefits of being in the deal? I can't find it and I have no idea what it was called in German.

It was posted two or so pages back.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

skylined! posted:

lol did he

did he go to the wrong hospital

Nah he might have went to the hospital and talked to some folks about his situation but just didn't visit the dude.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

skylined! posted:

Not familiar with this guy - someone just retweeted him - but uh

the pee tapes are real

https://twitter.com/TrueFactsStated/status/875484799946850304

I believe this is considered callback humor.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

JosefStalinator posted:

This can't be real.

Also, Linda Sanchez batting in the congressional baseball game. A woman playing baseball :trumppop:

Was she the one who had IX as her number last year or was that someone else?

edit: googled. Yes, it was her.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Y'all are aware they lifted the dog rule over a month ago, right?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Her job is to obfuscate it.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

SubponticatePoster posted:

Is she supposed to be smiling? All I'm seeing is :cenobite:

She's in the middle of a sentence.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I hope Ossoff loses because a 30-year old shouldn't be in Congress.

OLD MEN

RUNNING THE WORLD

A NEW AGE

https://youtu.be/Vxi7JRJrod4?t=63

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Radish posted:

I agree that we shouldn't have 30 year olds deciding stuff for military vets but I do believe we SHOULD allow sixteen year olds to do it.

She ain't even pointing at the sharpshooter.

Also that Prez looks 30 at least.

Also that one dude is like taking a serious close-up of the Prez's turtleneck.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

scuz posted:

"Clean coal industry."

Drink.

I could have sworn Republicans made fun of Democrats when Democrats were pushing for it.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Friends, I would like for you all to kindly post all of the GA-6 poo poo in the thread created for it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824396

Thank you.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Fame Douglas posted:

Or it would have made the Democratic party more effective, in turn lessening the electoral success of the Republican party.

The bill, as it was, was difficult to pass. It was a work in progress for a while with a lot of amendments.

The public option that we'd personally dreamed about would have probably made it a non-starter with the few Republican votes we needed to grab at the time.

And, besides that, instead of Republicans calling Obamacare a failure, it would have been used as a selling point to its voter base: Democrats truly are the party of the dirty commies.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Unoriginal Name posted:

Bernie bros aren't the ones calling for Pelosi's head. It's idiot "centrists" who are willing to do anything for a perceived political win, including give in to Republicans.

No, centrists are not the ones calling for Pelosi's head. It's Bernie Bros and Broke Brains all the way down.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Cerebral Bore posted:

lol, yeah, the national Democratic party and its organs is totally just a disinterested observer here. But hey, Ossoff couldn't be a bad candidate, after all he won a primary, and as we all know a dem primary can only pick winners.

Put this poo poo in the Democrats thread.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Woke Kushner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Paying for it will also be difficult- in terms of tax policy.

But it has to be figured out and it must be done.

• Locked thread