Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Calling it now, he either keels over from a heart attack, or resigns before impeachment proceedings begin. Either way he's not making it to the Fourth of July.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Kekekela posted:

There's an actor that looks just like Gianforte and its driving me crazy trying to remember the guy's name. He's a character actor type that I've seen in a ton of stuff but nothing I can think of off the top of my head, anyone know who I'm talking about?

Reminds me of John Bedford Lloyd aka the mayor from Super Troopers.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

It's amazing that people support Trump. Yea. I'm never going to stop being amazed by it. But he DOES have a 35% approval rating and it should be a horrible climate for republicans to run in but that doesn't seem to materializing.

Gerrymandering is a hell of a drug.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

KickerOfMice posted:

The Prosperity Gospel is incredibly unsettling. Some megachurches may fall into this category, some may not. Basically the two hues of conservative ideology that I think would conflict the most (ostentatious piety and reverence for great wealth) find a happy home together, no questions asked. Many other churches follow the exact same tenets but simply don't have the chutzpah to plainly say "If we are rich, it is simply because we are so holy."

WashingtonPost op-ed on prosperity Gospel - http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/opinions/outlook/worst-ideas/prosperity-gospel.html

e: Most televangelists are PG turds, a few have brick-and-mortar churches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1xJAVZxXg

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Torpor posted:

I am a bit surprised that there hasn't been an attempt to make medical bills non dischargeable through bankruptcy.

One step at a time. First we've gotta make sure that more people get sick because they can't afford preventative healthcare, then we make medical debt non-dischargable through bankruptcy, like student loans. Then once they absolutely have to seek medical care because they passed out in agony working their second job and were taken unconscious to a hospital without their knowledge or consent, that's when we bring back debtor's prisons.

Invest in prison futures now people! The sky's the limit!

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Mr Hootington posted:

I bet if we sat down with him and had a good conversation about both sides of the issues we would all be pleasantly surprised at how he would meet us in the middle.

This is code for repeatedly punching him in the face, forever, right? Because that's the only acceptable way to ever interact with the alt-right.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Mr Hootington posted:

That doesn't sound like bipartisanship.

What if you use both fists?

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Old James posted:

And that the general public now knows more about Mueller's finances than its President's.

Sweevo posted:

Trump is terrified about any of his own financial history becoming public, so he thinks everyone else is the same. He probably thinks this is the sickest burn imaginable.

Pretty much this. Trump's number 1 fear is that people will find out he's not as rich as he says he is and is probably in debt up to his eyeballs to the Russians.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Bullfrog posted:

what the gently caress

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Can't wait for the 4am Twitter storm this produces! :vince::munch:

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Did any other republican president in history staff cabinets with horrible people the way Trump did?

Uhhhh every Republican president from Nixon onwards?

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

^^That too.

Just using this example, people in rural western PA have been hosed six ways from Sunday for the past forty-some years - primarily by rich white guys in Pittsburgh. They have every right to be mad, but they're mad at the wrong people. To quote LBJ - "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Yeah pretty much this. The entire rust belt suffers from this.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Nail Rat posted:

Congress is considering capping traditional 401k limits at $2400 to pay for this gift to the rich.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/theres-talk-of-capping-401k-contributions-at-2400-per-year-2017-10-20?mod=gennews_twitter&link=sfmw_tw

Anyone know where I can invest in guillotine futures?

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Withnail posted:

Whatever he's doing Mnuchin always looks as guilty as gently caress.

Tir McDohl posted:

He's got the face of the kid in class pretending he did the assignment due today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Has anyone else seen this? A few of my political junky friends sent me a link to this tweet chain, I was wondering if there was any validity to this.

https://twitter.com/hoarsewisperer/status/942221228483469312

• Locked thread